• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Tiers (Band 1-5) - Discussion

sahilag

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Recently I visited a branch with a great Imperia RM whom I inquired for credit card upgrade, he told me that I am currently Band 3 and should aim to reach Band 5 so I can get more offers for Limit Increase/Upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for both HDFC Card LE/Upgrade (I have Millennia with 1.07L) and also for Band Increase? There is no information about it on the internet.

Which branch? Location
Which branch if you don't mind telling?

and Its just not about the branch and people.. its a combination of these:
1) Your current relationship value
2) Your Potential Relationship value
3) Your inter-personal skills, communication skills and negotiation skills.. i.e. how you present your case..
4) Lastly but not the least, right people, at right places at the right time..

All these stars have to align ... not just one / two enough...

Luckily for me I got right people at right places in the South Zone, my LTF infinia Metal request is being processed at a brisk pace...
Do you have written your upgrade journey written in some thread, can you point me to it. Since, your profile is hidden can't know what threads you have created or commented on.

Level 1 - Deposit shit load of money in bank account
LEVEL 2 - book fd but via agent id .
LEVEL 3 - buy Insurance & World greatest assest ULIPS
Level 4 - manage your stocks & mfs
Level 5 - Manage your home ..
Then

U can get infinia 😁
I have standard saving account & have Infiana with 15L limit. so its not like that.
Earlier HDFC is most famous for giving CC & good limit. but from 1.5yr they have change somr policy. in last 6 month they close many merchant also.

Do you have written your upgrade journey written in some thread, can you point me to it. Since, your profile is hidden can't know what threads you have created or commented on.
Even though my profile is restricted , you can avail this search funtion, which many may not practise.. For example:

1704708997924.png

However, here is the story... ( you are warned ..a lot of drama was invloved here)....

@S S V just read the whole thread, apparently I was also commenting in that thread without noticing the drama. People are so passionate and strong opinionated on how one should invest the money, when there is no absolute right or wrong answer. Make sense if you could atleast get FD return, instead of letting the money in savings account.

There can be 101 ways to get Infinia Card but still nothing can workout. You do what is best for you. For people saying you can get higher returns somewhere else, I say you get your time back and energy, upskill and generate returns much higher than those investments.

People often forget the one fundamental - priorities. Then, it is about risk appetite. Together, those two will shape how someone utilises and what someone does with their money.

If I am 18, my single priority might be making the most money I can while taking as much risk going about it. If I am 35, I might be thinking about children's college and marriage, so I might be more inclined towards a balance of safety net and income generation. It is all about priorities and risk appetite.

Everyone will do what they want to and that will be the right thing for them to do, based on those two factors.

Rightly said …it all depends on perspective and how we the same fact in different ways.. and there is no single solution which is right for all..
I was talking about this one of our friends here..
Look at what I wrote——

—————————-

The way I see it..
I have done ULIP for about 2L each year for 7 years..( permium and duration s depends on age and other profile factors)
I am sure I will get FD returns on this 14L investment..

I started my HDFC journey about 7 months ago and got my first ever HDFC card as Infinia Metal..

Imagnie how much, money, time I would have wasted if I choose via traditional route..( 100% sure that it would be in several lakhs i.e. the cost)..

Compared to that this ULIP way is much much beneficial to me ..

What people miss here is:

Say people had spent 20L to 30 L in over 5 years to get their CC upgrades and LE s to reach to Infinia, from MB, Millenia , Regalia , and DCB...

Imagine if we spend 30L on Infinia .. how much savings we can make.. Its definitely much more than what I would have lost on 14L Ulip over 7 years..

People don't see this and say ULIPs are crap blah blah... I was a fool ..

See when we compare we need to compare properly... ULIP as an investment is a bad choice when we compare to another better investment choice..

but in this case to get Infinia by ULIP we need to compare the alternative which is spending 30L on MB, regalia etc....

People miss this simple thing

Tell me how many people did their first ever HDFC CC transaction using Infinia...

I did it .. and I save from my first Re 1 spend using HDFC CC...

That is why I call this scenario:

"Missing the forest for the trees"

———————-
Glad you are happy. Now that you fulfilled your purpose in CC world, what next :p

What is your next mission? or are you going to retire from CCs

Glad you are happy. Now that you fulfilled your purpose in CC world, what next :p

What is your next mission? or are you going to retire from CCs
The Market and
international travel and short stays.:

Yes, no more significant time spent on CC market

Last edited:
Back