• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Tiers (Band 1-5) - Discussion

sahilag

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Recently I visited a branch with a great Imperia RM whom I inquired for credit card upgrade, he told me that I am currently Band 3 and should aim to reach Band 5 so I can get more offers for Limit Increase/Upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for both HDFC Card LE/Upgrade (I have Millennia with 1.07L) and also for Band Increase? There is no information about it on the internet.

Recently I visited a branch with a great Imperia RM whom I inquired for credit card upgrade, he told me that I am currently Band 3 and should aim to reach Band 5 so I can get more offers for Limit Increase/Upgrade. Does anyone have any tips for both HDFC Card LE/Upgrade (I have Millennia with 1.07L) and also for Band Increase? There is no information about it on the internet.
What are these bands and their upgrade criteria? Can you please get some more information in the interest of the community?

I'm at level 0 still got infinia. Sorry if sounded arrogant.
I am also at Level Zero and got Infinia recently.

I was begging RM to upgrade and she was denying to give DCB, even though I get a salary that meets the requirement. After few months she said representative will visit my house for documents and never turned up. I called a few times and he stopped picking up calls as well. I even sent physical mail with upgrade form to Chennai and got reject email. I stopped using HDFC Regalia from Jan 2023 when I switched to Axis Magnus and stopped persuing HDFC infinia.

After 8 monts (In August), Axis bank devalued Axis Magnus and released notification about Magnus for Burgandy. I decided to try Magnus for Burgandy via family TRV route (which Axis bank said it should be user ID level TRV and not family). Started moving mine and wife's FDs to Axis. HDFC RM called and asked why I am removing FDs and if I needed a loan. I said I need Infinia LTF which she denied instantly. But got an email with FYF Infinia in two days. I grabbed the offer without hesitation.

However, wife's HDFC DCP card was downgraded to HDFC Millinia when she lost her card in Sepetmeber. We dont use it anyways so not bothered by it.

I guess the trick is to show an I dont care attitude towards HDFC. Ofcourse try it at your own risk.

I have had HDFC relationship since 2011 with Basic Salary account. Salary credit in this account stopped from 2015. Upgraded to Classic account in 2022.
Got HDFC Regalia First credit card in 2014 with 4lakh limit and gradually increased to 8 lakhs. Upgraded to HDFC Regalia in 2017 and Limit increased to 10 lakh gradually. Having Infinia from August 2023. I also have Tata Neu infinity card since Novemebr 2022.

I donot trust Axis anymore and happy with HDFC Infinia and Amex Plat Travel card setup with HDFC Tata Infinity Rupay card for UPI.

Sorry for the long post but thought it is useful to explain.

I am also at Level Zero and got Infinia recently.

I was begging RM to upgrade and she was denying to give DCB, even though I get a salary that meets the requirement. After few months she said representative will visit my house for documents and never turned up. I called a few times and he stopped picking up calls as well. I even sent physical mail with upgrade form to Chennai and got reject email. I stopped using HDFC Regalia from Jan 2023 when I switched to Axis Magnus and stopped persuing HDFC infinia.

After 8 monts (In August), Axis bank devalued Axis Magnus and released notification about Magnus for Burgandy. I decided to try Magnus for Burgandy via family TRV route (which Axis bank said it should be user ID level TRV and not family). Started moving mine and wife's FDs to Axis. HDFC RM called and asked why I am removing FDs and if I needed a loan. I said I need Infinia LTF which she denied instantly. But got an email with FYF Infinia in two days. I grabbed the offer without hesitation.

However, wife's HDFC DCP card was downgraded to HDFC Millinia when she lost her card in Sepetmeber. We dont use it anyways so not bothered by it.

I guess the trick is to show an I dont care attitude towards HDFC. Ofcourse try it at your own risk.

I have had HDFC relationship since 2011 with Basic Salary account. Salary credit in this account stopped from 2015. Upgraded to Classic account in 2022.
Got HDFC Regalia First credit card in 2014 with 4lakh limit and gradually increased to 8 lakhs. Upgraded to HDFC Regalia in 2017 and Limit increased to 10 lakh gradually. Having Infinia from August 2023. I also have Tata Neu infinity card since Novemebr 2022.

I donot trust Axis anymore and happy with HDFC Infinia and Amex Plat Travel card setup with HDFC Tata Infinity Rupay card for UPI.

Sorry for the long post but thought it is useful to explain.
Bang on bro!

Okay I had regalia ltf with 3L limit. Gradually limit increased to 6L and I wanted to get DCB which the BM did it for me. Then joined TF community. Got to know DCB is crap and craving for infinia started. I mailed the team about dcb acceptance issues and they agreed for infinia but I wasn't ready as spending criteria for fee waiver was 10L which got reflected in my AIS. So I negotiated with the bank on 5L spend waiver for infinia with the help of BM and got my infinia metal.

PS: I had a preferred account which subsequently converted to imperia and from 2-3 years there was average balance of 30-40k.
So basically HDFC is for middle class people also and not just for the high trv people.
Good to know about your experience.
I'm holding Savings Max with average monthly balance of about 40-45k. Hope to hold this account for long as the platinum DC benefits are good.
Thanks 😊👍

Let me rope in the two experts. 🤭

@S S V @RAMDV

These Band definitions are system defined and it seems even staff also not aware of the exact rules.. obviously high balances are one criteria..
I would suggest the following to increase the chances of breaking into to higher bands.
try to maintain high balances in deposit products, have some loan products as well and use as many as HDFC suite of products like below:

1) maintain SB balance as high as possible
2)Have FDs
3) Open an RD( small)
4) Open a gold loan ( small)
5) Open an OD on FD
6) start transacting heavily using Payzapp
7) Have a NCEMI on both DC as well as CC
8) Use HDFC bill pay to pay for other banks CCs and any other bills
9) make one or two Bills as smart pay
10) use DC or CC for International transactions attest once or twice
Etc etc

I have done all the above and beyond..
good luck

These Band definitions are system defined and it seems even staff also not aware of the exact rules.. obviously high balances are one criteria..
I would suggest the following to increase the chances of breaking into to higher bands.
try to maintain high balances in deposit products, have some loan products as well and use as many as HDFC suite of products like below:

1) maintain SB balance as high as possible
2)Have FDs
3) Open an RD( small)
4) Open a gold loan ( small)
5) Open an OD on FD
6) start transacting heavily using Payzapp
7) Have a NCEMI on both DC as well as CC
8) Use HDFC bill pay to pay for other banks CCs and any other bills
9) make one or two Bills as smart pay
10) use DC or CC for International transactions attest once or twice
Etc etc

I have done all the above and beyond..
good luck
I used od fd of icici it got reported to cibil as secured loan

That is how they suck the blood.. hence I took bullet once and for all in the way of ULIP, and done my first ever HDFC CC transaction on my Infinia Metal.. I preferred this approach than death by thousand cuts everyday in order to climb the ladder… imagine how much time, money and mental agony..
One ulip is direct bribe on whoever the AGENT bm/rm face 😈 🥶

IMO HDFC RMs are good for nothing. They will keep you hanging in false hopes and will make you buy HDFC fee generating products and then when you are fed up with all this (considering 1 yr time span), they will say that we can try for Infinia.
I called my salary RM , account RM and asked for Infinia, they kept giving different excuses and asking for hell lot of criterias to be met.
I dropped an email to priority escalation team and told them that I will move away the relationship from HDFC if being a customer from last 10yrs, holding DCB with preferred banking relationship doesn't qualify me for a card. I got a revert from them mentioning that they can offer me Infinia with FYF.
I grabbed the opportunity.

Post me confirming on the email with central cards team, Ironically the salary RM called me back mentioning that he has spoken with seniors & BM of the branch and at this moment, HDFC is not offering Inifinia as an upgrade to anyone. I said thankyou and bye.
In next 5 days, I received my card.
Moral of the story : Don;t ask RM . They know nothing in HDFC.
They are just to get money credited to HDFC accounts and mis-selling the so called great ULIP plans.

One ulip is direct bribe on whoever the AGENT bm/rm face 😈 🥶
Lol. Let me tell you my story. I escalated my case to the MD desk and everyone possible. And yet they declined. When I did my final talk with my BM. seeing my situation- he said he would only get involved in discussions with MD desk people If I agreed to his proposal of investing in some scheme for at least 14L/Year for the next 5 years.
And you can easily assume- what I would have said. :ROFLMAO:

Lol. Let me tell you my story. I escalated my case to the MD desk and everyone possible. And yet they declined. When I did my final talk with my BM. seeing my situation- he said he would only get involved in discussions with MD desk people If I agreed to his proposal of investing in some scheme for at least 14L/Year for the next 5 years.
And you can easily assume- what I would have said. :ROFLMAO:
Whole month Target set just by fishing one person in ulip 😂

Whole month Target set just by fishing one person in ulip 😂
what I understood by talking with multiple people from RM to BM and other banking personnel. The issue is with the HDFC East Zone. The head of East India Zone doesn't approve the requests coming from even BMs. He is a tough nut to crack. Everyone told me their story when they reached him for something and he not only declined the request but also scolded them hard. :ROFLMAO:

That is how they suck the blood.. hence I took bullet once and for all in the way of ULIP, and done my first ever HDFC CC transaction on my Infinia Metal.. I preferred this approach than death by thousand cuts everyday in order to climb the ladder… imagine how much wasted time, money and mental agony..
Have you calculated the loss (after buying ULIP) and profit (by using CC).
Which one wins?
Pls share that as well 😄

what I understood by talking with multiple people from RM to BM and other banking personnel. The issue is with the HDFC East Zone. The head of East India Zone doesn't approve the requests coming from even BMs. He is a tough nut to crack. Everyone told me their story when they reached him for something and he not only declined the request but also scolded them hard. :ROFLMAO:
Luckily for me I got right people at right places in the South Zone, my LTF infinia Metal request is being processed at a brisk pace...

Okay, so that person probably thinks he is paying from his pocket by giving people what they want from HDFC.

I agree with your statement. Everyone, however competitive or not, is doing their job to the best they aspire/ desire to.

I simply took a guess because he suggested we could assume!

Back