• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help: possible victim of loan fraud?

ltf4ever

TF Legend
I have never taken any kind of loan or emi transactions in my life. never downloaded any kind of loan apps.

I got a upi request today on google pay from dmi finance pvt ltd for 1680 rupees. I declined the payment and reported the transaction as fraudulent on the app.

on twitter, many people have tagged dmi finance handle for false reporting in cibil, to which dmi is replying that they are reporting loans taken through any of loan aggregators.

i am worried that some shady loan apps have disbursed loan under my name. i don't know how that is possible without otp verification, etc.

any insights appreciated. i am worried about harassment as i have read many news articles recently about such apps.
thanks

@TechnoFino
Screenshot_20221006-204737~2.png

I have never taken any kind of loan or emi transactions in my life. never downloaded any kind of loan apps.

I got a upi request today on google pay from dmi finance pvt ltd for 1680 rupees. I declined the payment and reported the transaction as fraudulent on the app.

on twitter, many people have tagged dmi finance handle for false reporting in cibil, to which dmi is replying that they are reporting loans taken through any of loan aggregators.

i am worried that some shady loan apps have disbursed loan under my name. i don't know how that is possible without otp verification, etc.

any insights appreciated. i am worried about harassment as i have read many news articles recently about such apps.
thanks

@TechnoFino
View attachment 5517
Not sure if it's loan fraud or not. Looks like someone entered your upi id while making payment of emi for that loan. How they got your upi is still a question. may it's a coincidence that person making payment has a somewhat similar upi id than yours.

Just to make sure whether any loan taken on your name check your credit report from all major credit score providers. You can also call the company customer care to sort the issue.

Not sure if it's loan fraud or not. Looks like someone entered your upi id while making payment of emi for that loan. How they got your upi is still a question. may it's a coincidence that person making payment has a somewhat similar upi id than yours.

Just to make sure whether any loan taken on your name check your credit report from all major credit score providers. You can also call the company customer care to sort the issue.
I checked cibil as of today and no loan account is there.
even i thought that maybe similar upi id was entered by mistake by the company, but after entering the upi id, the system shows the name of the person usually so that you can be sure you are sending the right person.

if there was indeed a loan, the lastest cibil would have shown it, right? because emi payments are done at the end of 1 month from date of purchase?

I checked cibil as of today and no loan account is there.
even i thought that maybe similar upi id was entered by mistake by the company, but after entering the upi id, the system shows the name of the person usually so that you can be sure you are sending the right person.

if there was indeed a loan, the lastest cibil would have shown it, right? because emi payments are done at the end of 1 month from date of purchase?
not all apps verify upi id and show name before making payment. like i know Amazon pay does not verify upi. also loan account some times take time to reflect in cibil. to make sure check enquiry section of report. see if you have enquiry from that finance company.

Also don't just check cibil. Most of the NBFC check and report to other credit bureaus. Like Lenden NBFC, that issue credit lines for postpe, reports to CIRF. To be on the safe side check all four credit reports along with enquiry section.

not all apps verify upi id and show name before making payment. like i know Amazon pay does not verify upi. also loan account some times take time to reflect in cibil. to make sure check enquiry section of report. see if you have enquiry from that finance company.

Also don't just check cibil. Most of the NBFC check and report to other credit bureaus. Like Lenden NBFC, that issue credit lines for postpe, reports to CIRF. To be on the safe side check all four credit reports along with enquiry section.
checked enquiry section in cibil, crif, equifax, experian. no mention of any loan so far.
i have also sent email to dmi ccing rbi, let's see what they reply.
thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it.

Back