• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How is this laptop for occasional office use and consume content from YouTube and stuff ?

piyush.pgi

TF Buzz

I need this for my father, and he prefers only HP or Dell. So, I want your opinions.
If the manufacturer is fixed, then the choice is already good. It's enough for the mentioned use case but around the same prize you can also look for Ryzen 5 (6-7 series) laptops, they are comparatively more powerful than Intel i3. This would just extend the life of the laptop as you would be able to use it longer.

sidp

TF Ace
There is hardly any difference in these 2. 5500u is better in multi core performance and i3 1215u is better in single core. Mostlikely his single core usage will be higher.
You should find tag/model no and find out the exact specs from official site. Ecom specs are sometimes wrong. If you want to watch any type of content stay away from tn display.
In my opinion both are overpriced. Know that there is a big difference between performance of i3 12th gen and 13gen both on computational/graphic front and power management.

Last edited:

vine

TF Premier
Check if a chromebook will do.
If you don't NEED to install applications, Chromebooks are good enough.

Offtopic: If using mostly at home, connecting to a good monitor beats spending on laptops with better screens.

sai99488

TF Buzz
When it comes to budget, both the Intel i3 1315u and Ryzen 5 5500u processors stand out as solid choices. It's advisable to select a laptop featuring an anti-glare display, a minimum of 8GB RAM, and a 512GB SSD for optimal performance.

If brand isn't a priority, the Intel i3 1220p processor offers commendable performance and is worth considering as well.

Reactions: AsB