• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

I have
SBI - Oldest account. Earlier was using for SIP deduction. Now only one SIP is getting deducted from this.

Citibank Suvidha Salary - Opened in 2009 as I started working. Currently not using for salary and received the mail of conversion to normal savings. Received Citi priority world debit card which has unlimited domestic lounge access so will keep this account.

IDBI - Home loan EMI is getting deducted from this account.

SBM - opened via IndMoney. Now having some FD in the same account.

Jana Premium savings account - for FDs and also it provides Rupay select DC. 1L AMB is required.

IndusInd Select - Virtual zero balance with Legend CC.

Axis Burgundy Salary - Current salary account after I shifted from Citibank when Citibank got acquired by Axis.

HDFC Saving max (Imperia) - Recently opened with 1L IPV.

IDFC Wealth Account - For SIP deduction.

Closed accounts
==========
PNB Student Account - Closed after completed engineering
ICICI Bank - Balance Transferred the loan to IDBI from ICICI so closed ICICI bank account as well.

Sbi (Desh ka bank hai Bhai) ☺️
PNB ( College me khulwaya tha)
BoB ( 1st account yahi tha)
HDFc ( For credit card)
Axis ( for Credit card)
Icici ( for credit card)
Paytm payment bank ( U Hi )
Airtel Payments Bank ( for 7% intrest on savings account)
Fi Money ( For credit card)
AU bank ( for Credit card)
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

I have
SBI - Oldest account. Earlier was using for SIP deduction. Now only one SIP is getting deducted from this.

Citibank Suvidha Salary - Opened in 2009 as I started working. Currently not using for salary and received the mail of conversion to normal savings. Received Citi priority world debit card which has unlimited domestic lounge access so will keep this account.

IDBI - Home loan EMI is getting deducted from this account.

SBM - opened via IndMoney. Now having some FD in the same account.

Jana Premium savings account - for FDs and also it provides Rupay select DC. 1L AMB is required.

IndusInd Select - Virtual zero balance with Legend CC.

Axis Burgundy Salary - Current salary account after I shifted from Citibank when Citibank got acquired by Axis.

HDFC Saving max (Imperia) - Recently opened with 1L IPV.

IDFC Wealth Account - For SIP deduction.

Closed accounts
==========
PNB Student Account - Closed after completed engineering
ICICI Bank - Balance Transferred the loan to IDBI from ICICI so closed ICICI bank account as well.
How did you get HDFC Imperia with just 1L IPV?

How did you get HDFC Imperia with just 1L IPV?
Received a call from branch.. person asked to open an account as I had credit card with HDFC but no bank account.
I told I will go with imperia nothing below that..
RM had some targets so he took 1L cheque and opened saving max and once account was activated, he upgraded it to imperia as manual request..

Received a call from branch.. person asked to open an account as I had credit card with HDFC but no bank account.
I told I will go with imperia nothing below that..
RM had some targets so he took 1L cheque and opened saving max and once account was activated, he upgraded it to imperia as manual request..
You could have asked for my choice my number. Idk but alot of people don't know that hdfc provides this facility for new imperia accounts.

There is a bug right now. You can open new kotak 811 even ur a/c closed. But account number will be different. Just opened in July month.

You can open 2 nd a/c in kotak too. It needs approvals which is not your tension. Agent will take this.
How to open this?
May I know the steps

Previously i opened 811 edge account and closed it

I tried opening 811 kotak 0 account online it's not working,it is showing i have already relationship with kotak

1. Kotak Solo Savings - Primary account
2. Jupiter Money - Every day expenses
3. SBI - 1st account (Kept it for PSU in case of emergency)
4. Indus Exclusive - Using for offers on movie tickets
5. Indus Indie - Opened to compare with Jupiter but app is still not upto the mark
6. BOB B3 - Opened recently just because of zero charges
7. Paytm Payments Bank - Opened it simply
Now want to consolidate my accounts. Kotak is the primary a/c. Except it want to consolidate all others. Any suggestions?

You could have asked for my choice my number. Idk but alot of people don't know that hdfc provides this facility for new imperia accounts.
True.. RM offered that as well but I couldn't understand complete info so didnt pursue that..

You didn't ask your RM to explain?! You can pick your own account no. as you wish (if available). What were you worried about?!

BTW, IndusInd have been offering this for years (and not just for their premium accounts). I expect more banks to catch on as well.

How to open this?
May I know the steps

Previously i opened 811 edge account and closed it

I tried opening 811 kotak 0 account online it's not working,it is showing i have already relationship with kotak
I just downloaded kotak 811 account opening app and then proceed with old details it got me back.

Note - it was a kotak 811 zero Bal a/c and I had not completed kyc with in 1 year.

Yes i have opened kotak 811 and using activ money feature , its better than other banks providing high intrest rates as it yeilds 7% intrest as on today (6 month fd ROI) above 25k amount which is decent enough.
What if someone withdraw it in say 3 months? Then how much interest for 3 months? Also does kotak 811 has any kind of charges if maintained only with virtual dc?

Edit: on kotak website it's mentioned that then ine gonna get 3months FD rate with any penalty and there's not any charges if used digitally only now i hope.

Last edited:
You didn't ask your RM to explain?! You can pick your own account no. as you wish (if available). What were you worried about?!

BTW, IndusInd have been offering this for years (and not just for their premium accounts). I expect more banks to catch on as well.
Yes I have my account number ending with my mobile for jana and indusind..
When hdfc RM came he tried explaining but I was in different frame of mind on that day.. :D:D:D

So finally didnt pursue that..

What if someone withdraw it in say 3 months? Then how much interest for 3 months? Also does kotak 811 has any kind of charges if maintained only with virtual dc?
The autosweep intrest is based on 6 Month FD intrest. You should get it every quarter when saving account intrest is calculated based on daily ending balance calculation. There are no charges in case u withdraw money when auto fd is activated. Always choose auto Sweep option only when frequency of withdrawal from that account is less.

Axis Asap is zero balance account right which was launched in 2018?
yes opened in may 2018
Did You got pre approved credit card offer in ICICI Mine/Axis Asap account?
i didn't get any pre approved credit card offer reason non maintenance
for axis previous year ltf myzone applied and approved with 15k limit by them and after 3 months ace applied from mom mobile with mine details approved by them limit 1.32 L
for icici i opened a 10k fd and get card (first credit card) after 3 months i applied for apay cc through AMAZON and they approved with 2.2 L instant. so, i closed that fd + card. after that through cc get mmt and platinum.

Back