• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

I faced only 1-2 times downtime in a span of 4 years with IDFC, and if they downtime, usually its done at night so didn't face any trouble, also I liked their app UI (both desktop and mobile) very simple and easy to use.
I agree with your analysis of 10K, would have done the same. 25K is good only if you're looking for lounge access and better insurance cover.
Cross selling is very less, at least what I've experienced. Received call only for credit card once or twice in few months which is bearable; They don't bother to call usually unless you've shown interest in some product.
I'm attaching the free services provided by IDFC for quick reference. Happy to help! View attachment 39976View attachment 39975
This is extremely helpful! Thank you so much!

I need a bank account solely for expenditure. This would include daily UPI and credit card bill payments (I clear the outstanding every few days). The CC amount will vary from a few thousand to 10's of thousands since I clear outstanding regularly (for example - 2K to 30K).

I currently have the following:
  1. HDFC Salary Account - I receive salary here. It is a Zero balance account.
  2. SBI Savings account - I transfer money from HDFC to here for investments like MFs and stocks only.
This expenditure account should ideally not have MAB nonsense but even if it does not - that's okay. It should be reliable and not have transaction limits or amount limits on credit or debit (since it will have credit card payments). It should also support autopay for all credit cards (not just the one that bank issues!)

I have looked into the following and I'm open to suggestions for specific account type also:
ICICI (which one!?)
Kotak (811 or regular?)
IDFC First Bank.

---

Side note: I do not want to deal with people or branches or have this concept of a home branch (which is stupid in the first place). It needs to be online first and have a decent mobile app. Desktop browser access is mandatory.
for Your cc bill payment HDFC or Indusind Should be Ideal.
Get Hdfc platinum dc for 1%cb on cc bill payment.
or get a indusind bank select dc ( select account, can be zero balance).

I faced only 1-2 times downtime in a span of 4 years with IDFC, and if they downtime, usually its done at night so didn't face any trouble, also I liked their app UI (both desktop and mobile) very simple and easy to use.
I agree with your analysis of 10K, would have done the same. 25K is good only if you're looking for lounge access and better insurance cover.
Cross selling is very less, at least what I've experienced. Received call only for credit card once or twice in few months which is bearable; They don't bother to call usually unless you've shown interest in some product.
I'm attaching the free services provided by IDFC for quick reference. Happy to help! View attachment 39976View attachment 39975
Nice! Which account variant is it ?

1)sbi my salary account my primary account
2) hdfc
preferred banking second normal account use both debit card 750×2 = RS 1500/- PER MONTH
3) INDUS SALARY ACCOUNT
USE DEBIT SIGNTURE CARD
RS 1000/- PER MONTH

4) RBL TWO Accounts
SIGNTURE AND
Pinnacle CARD
1000×2 = 2000/- amazon
voucher
5) ubi salary account (rupay select card)
6) idbi salary account (rupay
platinum card)
7)icici salary account rubax debit card
8) idfc salary account (platinum card) 1000/- gift
vouchers of leading merchants
9) bob normal account
10) bank of India salary account
11)paytm account
12) dcb bank recently account opened
13) axis salary account (rupay card)
recently
closed dbs, federal , sarswat bank,
important advice never keep money in one account. Salary account are zero balance

Last edited:
SBI - Salary
HDFC- Main account
ICICI- Savings (It was main account before HDFC)
Federal- ??
SIB- Dormant
Kotak- Closed
ICICI - Closed
ICICI - Closed
ICICI - Dormant
Equitas- ??
Fi- ??
Indian Bank- ??
Canara Bank- Dormant
Axis- 😵‍💫
Union Bank-😵‍💫
PayTm- ??
IndusInd- Dormant
Planning to activate ICICI - Dormant account as I get mail from ICICI Bank every day and they are requesting me to activate. It was dormant for atleast 8 years

I have a question below 👇

If I try to activate this account, will they charge MAB penalty? If yes I will have to pay atleast penalty of 8 to 9 (Dormant period) years which will not be acceptable by me

If they will be ready to waive off all penalties, I will reactivate it

Planning to activate ICICI - Dormant account as I get mail from ICICI Bank every day and they are requesting me to activate. It was dormant for atleast 8 years

If I try to activate this account, will they charge MAB penalty? If yes I will have to pay atleast penalty of 8 to 9 (Dormant period) years which will not be acceptable by me

Activate if after april. Read somewhere that rbi has asked banks to not to levy any charges on dormant acc.
If you want to activate it rn, have a talk with branch mang, he can get the things sorted. And if he doesn't listen, mail to higher authority quoting rbi guidelines regarding no nmc charges if acc bal is 0. And if still no help, then rbi-bamboo

1)sbi my salary account my primary account
2) hdfc
preferred banking second normal account use both debit card 750×2 = RS 1500/- PER MONTH
3) INDUS SALARY ACCOUNT
USE DEBIT SIGNTURE CARD
RS 1000/- PER MONTH

4) RBL TWO Accounts
SIGNTURE AND
Pinnacle CARD
1000×2 = 2000/- amazon
voucher
5) ubi salary account (rupay select card)
6) idbi salary account (rupay
platinum card)
7)icici salary account rubax debit card
8) idfc salary account (platinum card) 1000/- gift
vouchers of leading merchants
9) bob normal account
10) bank of India salary account
11)paytm account
12) dcb bank recently account opened
13) axis salary account (rupay card)
recently
closed dbs, federal , sarswat bank,
important advice never keep money in one account. Salary account are zero balance
How do you have 8 salary accounts?

Ask them in mail if there is any lien balance in your account. they usually remove any & then you can activate.

Same boat. Dormant account from 4-5 years. Receiving mailers. Went to do rekyc in a diff branch closer to my location but the said once you activate they will deduct old MAB charges. Close and open new account. Now i don't know if they were fooling me to open new account. Home branch can help with old charge waiver? they said email to cc wont help in the matter.
Koi lead mile to share karna pls.

Same boat. Dormant account from 4-5 years. Receiving mailers. Went to do rekyc in a diff branch closer to my location but the said once you activate they will deduct old MAB charges. Close and open new account. Now i don't know if they were fooling me to open new account. Home branch can help with old charge waiver? they said email to cc wont help in the matter.
Koi lead mile to share karna pls.
I think Bank manager can waive off MAB charges. Customer care can't do anything

Back