• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

I have a canara account which is not in use for last one year
And I just checked on UPI it's in minus 1012

Is there any way can I close without paying?
Or any workaround?

Minus 1012 means - it is in an INOPERATIVE status for more than a couple of years.

Meet the BM of the branch and request for a waiver. He may ask you to keep it live n do trxns in that account. Or, he might not give any waiver, too. Then, you have no option than to pay up n close it. Keeping it like that - as is where is condition - is more problematic - the inoperative account maintenance charges keep on mounting. Don't delay.

Yes

Ask canara to waive this charges as one time favor

After that u can close
Bro I visited the branch
Staff and manager was rude and they said that u have to pay all those
They were treating like I am from mallya's family
Also they have issued rupay plat to most of their customer there (mostly are from rural /illiterate people)

And they were complaining of 590 deduction but they are lying by saying it's compulsory

Yes sir I understand
The last transaction in my account was on 18/08/2023

I don't know why these much charges
Also they are denying
I even threaten them with rbi complaint but they are adamant

Minus 1012 means - it is in an INOPERATIVE status for more than a couple of years.

Meet the BM of the branch and request for a waiver. He may ask you to keep it live n do trxns in that account. Or, he might not give any waiver, too. Then, you have no option than to pay up n close it. Keeping it like that - as is where is condition - is more problematic - the inoperative account maintenance charges keep on mounting. Don't delay.

Bro I visited the branch
Also they have issued rupay plat to most of their customer there (mostly are from rural /illiterate people)

And they were complaining of 590 deduction but they are lying by saying it's compulsory

What's the breakup of that -1012 ? Have you asked for any renewal of ATM/Debit card ? If you had asked, then you need to pay. If they had issued it for an inoperative account, you need not pay.

Bro I visited the branch

do u have any other usage of this account ?

do u have any other usage of this account ?
No use as it
But if in future I need a canara account it will be a problem

Bro as I read in previous threads there was a rbi guidelines on negative balance can I force them by this?

It's just I want to close this account rather than seeing charges piled up

Can I do bamboo treatment against them if they are denying
?

What's the breakup of that -1012 ? Have you asked for any renewal of ATM/Debit card ? If you had asked, then you need to pay. If they had issued it for an inoperative account, you need not pay.
If you are sure that you have not asked for any renewal/fresh card, then write a letter to the BM detailing the facts - including your visit to the branch - n clearly indicating that you are not willing to pay any such charges. And, ASK HIM TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT without further delay. Sent it by REGISTERED POST with ACKNOWLEDGEMENT DUE.

After you get their acknowledgement by post, lodge another complaint against the branch on their corporate website. You can't go to RBI just like that - there is a process n procedure.

No use as it

Bro as I read in previous threads there was a rbi guidelines on negative balance can I force them by this?

?
Please check if the charges are for non maintenance of balance. There are RBI guidelines, but complain to bank first and then escalate till PNO. If any other spends, then you may have to pay.

Please check if the charges are for non maintenance of balance. There are RBI guidelines, but complain to bank first and then escalate till PNO. If any other spends, then you may have to pay.
Can I open bsbda account in second branch
As per rule if we open bsbda account in same bank existing account get closed automatically?

No use as it

?
If you're sure you will not receive any cheque or money in that account. You don't need to pay. Email the bank to close (or speed post for further proof) and keep escalating.

Bank can not enforce recovery if -ve saving account balance. So don't give in.

I lodged a complaint on Their grievances portal and after 2-3 mins I got a call from their general manager he said sir our system is designed in such a way that it will not be possible for us to close a negative balance account

I even told him that there is a rbi rule that you can't make balance negative for non mab
He said when you open account u are obliged to follow rules and non mab u have to clear
After call he closed my complaint on portal
@sm9811911 @vine @RAMESH BABU N @Shubham Yadav
Your inputs please

I lodged a complaint on Their grievances portal and after 2-3 mins I got a call from their general manager he said sir our system is designed in such a way that it will not be possible for us to close a negative balance account

I even told him that there is a rbi rule that you can't make balance negative for non mab
He said when you open account u are obliged to follow rules and non mab u have to clear
Your inputs please
Reopen the complaint. Or raise a new one and quote the same complaint number.
Then ask him to give that in written in email.

Your inputs please

What did I ask you to do ? And, what you did ? Read my post again. Do so accordingly.

You can not bypass the BM/branch. Only they can close your account.

Your inputs please
Keep on escalating it to next level and reach RBI. Keep these conversation over email. It will take long time , say 2-3 months for resolution.

One pvt bank a/c- ICICI
Two PSU banks - SBI Bank
PNB Bank
All normal savings account... Public banks bcoz they'll be helpful in loan in future, so building a relationship...

ICICI - Since college. Now using it for Salary since last 5 years. So total 8 yrs relation
IDFC Wealth - Just keeping it with minimum 25-30K balance for the Visa infinite debit card and lounge. Interest rate is crappy anyways.
DCB Bank - Using Niyo Global DCB Debit card for international travel which gives 0% forex
SBM Bank - Opened with Niyo Global couple years back for international travel before govt banned it. Now keeping the acc active just fr the international terminal lounge at domestic airports.
Indusind Partner Account - Keeping it for better interest rates, payment of other credit card bills using Visa signature debit card, domestic lounge and partner/brand offers.
Soon going to apply for AU Royale - Possibility to get FYF/LTF AU Zenith + CC, AU Royale Debit card which gives amazing offers, good interest rates.

Back