• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to burn 288 Burgundy Magnus points?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have got burgundy Magnus card and earned 80k points via various spends with that card.
Unfortunately, for some bizarre reason the axis added most of the points to the edge reward category and added 288 points to Burgundy Magnus points.

• When I try to transfer any points, Travel Edge says I need min 300 points for redemption.

• Axis CC says
-Minimum of 300 points are required to redeem Magnus Burgundy Points​

-To redeem the Edge Reward Points Magnus Burgundy points need to be NIL.

Overall
Taking to Axis phone banking is useless as they keep finger-pointing between travel edge and premium customer service.
Multiple emails followups are in progress but are not helping.

Any idea how I can get rid of 288 burgundy magnus points or how can redeem my points?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.08.16 AM.png

But then normal ER points would convert 5:2 only right? Only the MB points at 5:4. So why not try to get the ER to your MB bucket?
Yes, but how to do that? I opened a ticket 2 weeks back for the exact ask, but the reply from the peanut brain size axis backend team keeps saying that 'edge points are already allocated,' which is not my question. Very sad situation.

What's the way to do this?

Does it work for older points / ERs or only after certain date / cut off point? @WandereR

Yes, but how to do that? I opened a ticket 2 weeks back for the exact ask, but the reply from the peanut brain size axis backend team keeps saying that 'edge points are already allocated,' which is not my question. Very sad situation.
I do not know sorry. But as per the initial notification it was supposed to be moved to MB points basket iirc

You can burn the card itself, many have burned after devaluation.

• Axis CC says

Overall
Taking to Axis phone banking is useless as they keep finger-pointing between travel edge and premium customer service.

Any idea how I can get rid of 288 burgundy magnus points or how can redeem my points?

I have got burgundy Magnus card and earned 80k points via various spends with that card.
Unfortunately, for some bizarre reason the axis added most of the points to the edge reward category and added 288 points to Burgundy Magnus points.

• When I try to transfer any points, Travel Edge says I need min 300 points for redemption.

• Axis CC says

Overall

Thanks in advance for the help.

View attachment 36024
So what I understand is--
when you spend using the Burgundy card, after 3 days you will get points in the Magnus Burgundy bucket; which will then become more than 300 points.

Then when you convert/redeem all the points in the Magnus Burgundy bucket, the Edge points will automatically jump out of the Edge bucket and get into the Magnus Burgundy bucket.
Then you need to convert /redeem them again and continue this process till the Edge bucket becomes zero

The software which was to be corrected and updated on 15 Jan has been postponed to first week of Feb.

So now you can redeem only a few Burgundy points at a time, that too in multiples of 100.

The entire lot of edge points can be redeemed in one shot only after first week of Feb

The software which was to be corrected and updated on 15 Jan has been postponed to first week of Feb.

So now you can redeem only a few Burgundy points at a time, that too in multiples of 100.

The entire lot of edge points can be redeemed in one shot only after first week of Feb
But minimum redemption starts at 300 right?

Does 100 come into play after the initial 300?

Thanks for update ..
Feel stuck with so many edge rewards are stuck due to magnus burgundy card points

I have M4B and also stuck with points in Edge rewards bucket. Also 4X travel edge are also credited to edge rewards bucket. Could you please elaborate what's the software fix and how would it work once the fix is in place ? Would i be able to redeem edge rewards freely too after the fix at 5: 4?

Back