• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to close Jupiter edge credit card (low returns)

shrirang

TF Select
When I applied for the Jupiter edge credit card, the return were lucrative
Minimum 1% cashback and 2% cashback when crossed 20k in a billing cycle.

But now the rewards have changed, it is 0.5% and 2% only on specific category.

I got into this trap and had to open Federal bank account too. Can someone please suggest how to close both the CSB Edge credit card and Federal bank account permanently?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
When I applied for the Jupiter edge credit card, the return were lucrative
Minimum 1% cashback and 2% cashback when crossed 20k in a billing cycle.

But now the rewards have changed, it is 0.5% and 2% only on specific category.

I got into this trap and had to open Federal bank account too. Can someone please suggest how to close both the CSB Edge credit card and Federal bank account permanently?
Jupiter CSB Credit Card is a lifetime free card right? Why you want to close it?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Useless card. Recently got many cards approved, hard to manage everything.
I am unable to complete my Jupiter CSB Credit Card application due to a technical issue with VKYC. I'm waiting for it to get resolved. I know the card isn't that beneficial, but it's a lifetime free card, and I love collecting lifetime free credit cards!😅

praful47

TF Premier
I am unable to complete my Jupiter CSB Credit Card application due to a technical issue with VKYC. I'm waiting for it to get resolved. I know the card isn't that beneficial, but it's a lifetime free card, and I love collecting lifetime free credit cards!😅
Better to leave it as it is for your mental peace .
Jupiter debit card was also LTF .
Now you know their charges

subinpk

TF Buzz
I got my JEdge card today. As a shopper myself I find it pretty useful to get 2% cb on retail spends. And LTF too.
When I get kiwi they offered 2% cb on everything, but now changed to 1%, so I slowed down my usage too... And now I'm getting extra kiwi points, whenever I use the app.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally i got an option to complete my VKYC & within few minutes card got approved.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got my JEdge card today. As a shopper myself I find it pretty useful to get 2% cb on retail spends. And LTF too.
When I get kiwi they offered 2% cb on everything, but now changed to 1%, so I slowed down my usage too... And now I'm getting extra kiwi points, whenever I use the app.

In reality you will rarely get 2%. Many shops have UPI linked to personal handles.

Most often you will get 0.4%. Which makes this a useless card.

Also, if you don’t have a Jupiter Savings account even the few jewels earned on this credit card cannot be converted to cash back. Only option is to purchase gift vouchers with those jewels which are easily obtained on other platforms for higher discounts.

Last edited:

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Finally i got an option to complete my VKYC & within few minutes card got approved.

Congrats. It is a nice looking card and they also send it in cool packaging with some cool stickers.

Beyond that the card is useless as a credit card.

And do you have a Jupiter account? If not, even the few jewels earned on this credit card cannot be converted to cash back. Only option is to purchase gift vouchers with those jewels which are easily obtained on other platforms for higher discounts.

Last edited:

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Congrats. It is a nice looking card and they also send it in cool packaging with some cool stickers.

Beyond that the card is useless as a credit card.

And do you have a Jupiter account? If not, even the few jewels earned on this credit card cannot be converted to cash back. Only option is to purchase gift vouchers with those jewels which are easily obtained on other platforms for higher discounts.
Yes i know how useless this card is. I am only getting this card because it's LTF & the physical card looks good. By the way i have Jupiter account.

Last edited:

subinpk

TF Buzz
In reality you will rarely get 2%. Many shops have UPI linked to personal handles.

Most often you will get 0.4%. Which makes this a useless card.

Also, if you don’t have a Jupiter Savings account even the few jewels earned on this credit card cannot be converted to cash back. Only option is to purchase gift vouchers with those jewels which are easily obtained on other platforms for higher discounts.
You're right, In my case most of my usual shops support credit-upi. Also many shops are disabling the feature, That is something worries..