• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file Complaint of RBL for rejecting Zomato application to RBI - Step by step guide

Nocash

TF Select
Many people have faced rejection or I should say have been cheated by RBL bank after getting invite from Zomato edition classic card.
It is not just a card issue now but an issue of our prestige. RBL can’t go around treating us like nothing.
So my dear friends, if you have also faced this problem, raise your voice and let RBL know that customers are the king.

Steps for complaining to RBI

ℹ️ For all Zomato card applicants jinko RBL ne reject kara hai

1️⃣ Go to cms.rbi.org.in -> Click on file complaint -> Enter Captcha

2️⃣ Enter your name and verify your mobile number

3️⃣ write complainant category - Individual, and in Entity - Search for RBL bank ltd and finally click “YES” on “is your complaint about credit card” question.

4️⃣ In detail of complaints, tick every option as “NO”

5️⃣ On next page, Click “YES” for “have you filed a written or electronic complaint”

6️⃣ Fill this carefully

Complaint category = Credit card

Complaint sub category 1 = Card issue/maintenance

Complaint sub category 2 = Other issues

Subject of your complaint = Refusal to issue card

7️⃣ In Fact of the case (most important) This is what I have written 👇you can copy and paste after making modification for your case.

“I got an invitation from zomato for their zomato edition classic card which is in partnership with RBL bank.

I was already having existing credit card with RBL named RBL shoprite but this time when I filled my PAN and address, my application was instantly rejected without any reason. I have a very high CIBIL score 780, very low credit utilisation and good credit depth of 5 years. No bank has ever rejected me for any card.

But When I contact RBL support this time, they were not interested in my case.

Customer care is so so bad that they cannot even understand my case and asked me to apply for a fresh card. Their PNO didnot reply at all and their Social media team is worst. They just sent a message that they will contact me and then ghosted me for 3 days inspite of repeating reminders.

Finally they are giving me an excuse that my card is rejected due to bank internal policy.

When I asked how is this possible that some times ago I was fulfilling your all conditions for RBL shoprite but not fulfilling any for RBL zomato card, the customer care goes into complete silence. They all just keep making excuse of bank internal policy and were not giving any logical answer because they donot have any logic. They have given zomato card to many of my friends who were already holding RBL card but here they just donot accept their mistake and are not ready to even listen to or reply to their customer. I had even contacted Mr. Vivek Chaudhary but even he didnot tried to solve my issue.

And this is not only in my case, there are at least 30 to 40 people facing the same issue and are mentally frustrated by the lack of customer support and discriminatory practices of RBL.

It is high time to ban RBL for their non existence and rubbish customer support so this becomes a lesson for other banks.

Kindly take immediate action and provide me the zomato card as soon as possible and ban them from onboarding new customers till they start taking their customers seriously.”

8️⃣ Do not forget to claim compensation of Rs. 1,00,000 (this is the maximum amount) as claim for mental harassment in the last question on this page.

9️⃣ Attach all supporting documents that you want to attach as proof.

🔟 Submit your application, take a screenshot of your complaint number and let’s teach a lesson to RBL bank.

Let’s show them that customers are the king and they can’t take us lightly. Let’s get our card which is our right and their duty to issue.

No bank is bigger than our determination 💯

Attachments

• DBC87505-0C42-4AC4-A780-80CB45DCD6CF.png
    DBC87505-0C42-4AC4-A780-80CB45DCD6CF.png
    459 KB · Views: 68
  • F0B85F0D-319F-45E2-96D2-79E99DD4737E.jpeg
    F0B85F0D-319F-45E2-96D2-79E99DD4737E.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 63
  • 4EFB76E3-187F-42C8-9F58-E6CDC19B5328.png
    4EFB76E3-187F-42C8-9F58-E6CDC19B5328.png
    804.5 KB · Views: 61
  • D4502E9A-7938-48D8-8030-9FAC3E9614D6.jpeg
    D4502E9A-7938-48D8-8030-9FAC3E9614D6.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 9BF587D1-7EE5-4B4B-8715-2EF2D4B694D6.jpeg
    9BF587D1-7EE5-4B4B-8715-2EF2D4B694D6.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 62

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Many people have faced rejection or I should say have been cheated by RBL bank after getting invite from Zomato edition classic card.
It is not just a card issue now but an issue of our prestige. RBL can’t go around treating us like nothing.
So my dear friends, if you have also faced this problem, raise your voice and let RBL know that customers are the king.

Steps for complaining to RBI

ℹ️ For all Zomato card applicants jinko RBL ne reject kara hai

1️⃣ Go to cms.rbi.org.in -> Click on file complaint -> Enter Captcha

2️⃣ Enter your name and verify your mobile number

3️⃣ write complainant category - Individual, and in Entity - Search for RBL bank ltd and finally click “YES” on “is your complaint about credit card” question.

4️⃣ In detail of complaints, tick every option as “NO”

5️⃣ On next page, Click “YES” for “have you filed a written or electronic complaint”

6️⃣ Fill this carefully

Complaint category = Credit card

Complaint sub category 1 = Card issue/maintenance

Complaint sub category 2 = Other issues

Subject of your complaint = Refusal to issue card

7️⃣ In Fact of the case (most important) This is what I have written 👇you can copy and paste after making modification for your case.

“I got an invitation from zomato for their zomato edition classic card which is in partnership with RBL bank.

I was already having existing credit card with RBL named RBL shoprite but this time when I filled my PAN and address, my application was instantly rejected without any reason. I have a very high CIBIL score 780, very low credit utilisation and good credit depth of 5 years. No bank has ever rejected me for any card.

But When I contact RBL support this time, they were not interested in my case.

Customer care is so so bad that they cannot even understand my case and asked me to apply for a fresh card. Their PNO didnot reply at all and their Social media team is worst. They just sent a message that they will contact me and then ghosted me for 3 days inspite of repeating reminders.

Finally they are giving me an excuse that my card is rejected due to bank internal policy.

When I asked how is this possible that some times ago I was fulfilling your all conditions for RBL shoprite but not fulfilling any for RBL zomato card, the customer care goes into complete silence. They all just keep making excuse of bank internal policy and were not giving any logical answer because they donot have any logic. They have given zomato card to many of my friends who were already holding RBL card but here they just donot accept their mistake and are not ready to even listen to or reply to their customer. I had even contacted Mr. Vivek Chaudhary but even he didnot tried to solve my issue.

And this is not only in my case, there are at least 30 to 40 people facing the same issue and are mentally frustrated by the lack of customer support and discriminatory practices of RBL.

It is high time to ban RBL for their non existence and rubbish customer support so this becomes a lesson for other banks.

Kindly take immediate action and provide me the zomato card as soon as possible and ban them from onboarding new customers till they start taking their customers seriously.”

8️⃣ Do not forget to claim compensation of Rs. 1,00,000 (this is the maximum amount) as claim for mental harassment in the last question on this page.

9️⃣ Attach all supporting documents that you want to attach as proof.

🔟 Submit your application, take a screenshot of your complaint number and let’s teach a lesson to RBL bank.

Let’s show them that customers are the king and they can’t take us lightly. Let’s get our card which is our right and their duty to issue.

No bank is bigger than our determination 💯
Do keep us in the loop about how everything goes.

Nocash

TF Select
F**k RBL bank together. They deserve this. I am gonna make a complaint on this for sure. Thanks bro:) I think they are rejecting because they received overwhelming applications in a short span of time. And, even RBL Bank is not even a mid-sized bank to handle so many customers. If you have observed, Even without checking the CIBIL score, they rejected many applications, we can observe this point, because to check our CIBIL score and analyze our application, they need an OTP which we will get from CIBIL for access to our records. Our applications got rejected even without checking CIBIL. That's the sad part.

Let's teach a lesson to RBL collectively.
#TeachALessonToRBLBank
First part of your post can be an actual reason for such high rejections. They didn’t expect this much applications and then started rejecting directly after cibil enquiry w/o any solid reason.

Cierdo

TF Premier
I believe this thread is in total distaste. Guys, dont be sour losers. It's okay, you got rejected due to certain internal policies they may have, but it in no way qualifies for a written complaint to RBI, claiming damages. It is not the duty of the bank to issue you cards. Just because you have never been rejected for a card, doesnt mean you can never be.
You are a potential customer, not a customer till you get the card :)
Your statements in the mail are so full of uninformed points. At one point you're asking that you should get the card immediately and in the same point you're asking the RBI to ban RBL from onboarding new customers, like really?

Nocash

TF Select
Hey Cierdo,
Suppose you and your friend both are equally qualified for watching a movie but the owner of multiplex gives ticket to your friend and don’t allow you to enter (a case of discrimination). You find out the same thing has happened to others too and then you go out and complain to some higher authority about this, will you call it a thread in total distaste ?

Please note following points

1. We should call ourselves losers only if we don’t raise our voice against such discrimination or we make a joke on those who are raising their voice.

2. Logical rejection is completely okay. But rejecting someone without any logic, abusing your power and not responding to their queries is not what anyone here will subscribe to.

3. If you read the thread clearly damages have been claimed for the mental frustration and anxiety caused by their horrible customer support who at first don’t reply and when after many attempts they do, their illogical reply and lack of knowledge just frustrates you more. For example - I was asked to make a fresh application when I was asking for an enquiry which was rejected. Have you ever seen such a horrible reply? It is like You are asking about mangoes and the person is telling you buy lemons they are very tasty.

4. Regarding duty point, you missed the whole context.
This point is also related to discrimination. If bank has done enquiry and everything is right, it is their duty to follow the due process. If the application is correct, if someone else with almost similar case got the card, it is their duty to issue card to you too. They can’t pick and choose.

5. Regarding rejection, you are 100% right. I am not invincible and can be rejected but there must be a reason. Without the reason nobody has a right to reject me.
If there is a logical reason, I would definitely respect that. But so far RBL just goes into complete silence when I ask them the reason.

6. Your potential customer is also true for many people ( I am btw their existing customer) but who told you that potential customers don’t have the right to complaint ? Can you raise your voice against injustice only after becoming customer?

7. Regarding uninformed points, please be specific and tell me which points are uninformed. I will be more than happy to see them and clear out any doubts related to that :)

8. Regarding asking to issue the card and banning new customers
I guess you don’t have complete idea about how this ban works.
When RBI had banned Amex or Mastercard, it was not immediate from the time of notice. Generally a week is given so that pending cases can be covered up and new enquiries are not entertained further.

Announcement of ban doesn’t mean that the pending cases will vanish in thin air or existing customers will get banned.
Our enquiry has been already done, once the dispute is sorted out, they have to issue the card but they can’t take further new applications. So yeah issuing card to us and banning new applications is pretty much possible.

Hope I was able to clear your doubts :)

Regards,
Another cc enthusiast

Cierdo

TF Premier
Hey Cierdo,
Suppose you and your friend both are equally qualified for watching a movie but the owner of multiplex gives ticket to your friend and don’t allow you to enter (a case of discrimination). You find out the same thing has happened to others too and then you go out and complain to some higher authority about this, will you call it a thread in total distaste ?

Please note following points

1. We should call ourselves losers only if we don’t raise our voice against such discrimination or we make a joke on those who are raising their voice.

2. Logical rejection is completely okay. But rejecting someone without any logic, abusing your power and not responding to their queries is not what anyone here will subscribe to.

3. If you read the thread clearly damages have been claimed for the mental frustration and anxiety caused by their horrible customer support who at first don’t reply and when after many attempts they do, their illogical reply and lack of knowledge just frustrates you more. For example - I was asked to make a fresh application when I was asking for an enquiry which was rejected. Have you ever seen such a horrible reply? It is like You are asking about mangoes and the person is telling you buy lemons they are very tasty.

4. Regarding duty point, you missed the whole context.
This point is also related to discrimination. If bank has done enquiry and everything is right, it is their duty to follow the due process. If the application is correct, if someone else with almost similar case got the card, it is their duty to issue card to you too. They can’t pick and choose.

5. Regarding rejection, you are 100% right. I am not invincible and can be rejected but there must be a reason. Without the reason nobody has a right to reject me.
If there is a logical reason, I would definitely respect that. But so far RBL just goes into complete silence when I ask them the reason.

6. Your potential customer is also true for many people ( I am btw their existing customer) but who told you that potential customers don’t have the right to complaint ? Can you raise your voice against injustice only after becoming customer?

7. Regarding uninformed points, please be specific and tell me which points are uninformed. I will be more than happy to see them and clear out any doubts related to that :)

8. Regarding asking to issue the card and banning new customers
I guess you don’t have complete idea about how this ban works.
When RBI had banned Amex or Mastercard, it was not immediate from the time of notice. Generally a week is given so that pending cases can be covered up and new enquiries are not entertained further.

Announcement of ban doesn’t mean that the pending cases will vanish in thin air or existing customers will get banned.
Our enquiry has been already done, once the dispute is sorted out, they have to issue the card but they can’t take further new applications. So yeah issuing card to us and banning new applications is pretty much possible.

Hope I was able to clear your doubts :)

Regards,
Another cc enthusiast
I believe you're taking the 'customer is king' to a different level. You got rejected for an application by a bank, which may have some internal policies that customer support may or may not have access to. Or maybe something changed, for which they may not be liable to be answerable to you, which is speculative thinking at best from my end.
In any case, this is not discrimination. Your analogy is very naive, at best. Apply this analogy to LTF variants of cards and you'll find yourself complaining everytime someone gets LTF offered on a super premium card and you are left paying for the same card.

You got rejected, it's fine, move on from it. One card does not mean the end of your cc enthusiast journey.

In case you need to complain, open LinkedIn, find senior executives and send them a mail regarding this. Try to find an answer of your queries before jumping to the higher authorities. Directly using RBI complaint forum is no good. RBI states that this complain forum should be used in case no other resort is available.

I appreciate you keeping a very calm tone in your response, but I am sorry to say that your responses do come out as a brat who is not able to handle rejection, and is just taking the discrimination route to justify it, but again that is my opinion and hence should be taken with a pinch of salt :p

Anyway, good luck with your complaint resolution, imo everyone who faces rejection would, without any due diligence jump to this and just spam RBI.

I hope you get the card, genuinely do :)

1. Chances are extremely slim that RBI would seek to intervene into these grey areas, where bank have the discretionary power.

2. Approaching PNO, CS-HEAD, or the CEO at RBL may be a better alternative. They should be able to lower the bar by doing away certain nonsensical exclusion criteria. (such as no secondary card to the existing users).

3. Its completely understandable human nature that the reaction in this case have gone a little more emotional over the substance.

But, if you sit and think from a more neutral perspective , you would certainly reveal that RBI will not poke their nose in these relatively "less serious" affairs. They are bankers to the bankers. Their job not only is to protect you, but to safeguard the banker's autonomy as well.

IMO, they will not consider this case favourably. Nevertheless, you may surely try. I am not trying to dissuade you.

PS: mine got rejected as well. I can share the pain, but the cry seems a bit too shrill and blown out of proportion in this case.

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I’m not support RBL! You guys are targeting RBL is unfair because ZOMATO is Responsible for approval of your application.
1, You guys applying on ZOMATO APP not RBL agents or their website
2, This card for existing customer for ZOMATO
3,They are 3 RISKS in financial partnership a) MARKET RISK b) CREDIT RISK c) OPERATIONS RISK on this RBL aligned OPERATIONS risk, both credit and market risk taken by zomato.
4, This card not designed for everyone ,we can find in their website FOODIES designed for FOODIES
5, CITIBANK ,standard chartred and Amex are the WORST in credit card issuance, still they are showing their dramas to us. We can’t do anything against them,By the way Citibank got slapped , very soon SCB and Amex will learn

Here I request to speak zomato if they pretend bank internal policy they are FOOLING themselves but. MARK MY WORD EACH AND EVERY WOULD GET THIS CARD after Swiggy launched their card probably June they will launch their card either icici or axis my guess.

Nocash

TF Select
1. Chances are extremely slim that RBI would seek to intervene into these grey areas, where bank have the discretionary power.

2. Approaching PNO, CS-HEAD, or the CEO at RBL may be a better alternative. They should be able to lower the bar by doing away certain nonsensical exclusion criteria. (such as no secondary card to the existing users).

3. Its completely understandable human nature that the reaction in this case have gone a little more emotional over the substance.

But, if you sit and think from a more neutral perspective , you would certainly reveal that RBI will not poke their nose in these relatively "less serious" affairs. They are bankers to the bankers. Their job not only is to protect you, but to safeguard the banker's autonomy as well.

IMO, they will not consider this case favourably. Nevertheless, you may surely try. I am not trying to dissuade you.

PS: mine got rejected as well. I can share the pain, but the cry seems a bit too shrill and blown out of proportion in this case.
Thank you for a very matured comment master blaster. So happy to see that
Just wanted to add some points

1. You prediction can be right. So I am already planning to go to next step i.e. consumer court only and only if I don’t get satisfactory answer.

2. I had written about escalation in original thread.
Mailed PNO, haven’t received any reply till this date from them.
Tweeted their social media team. No reply even after repetitive reminders.
Personally called, messaged and emailed Deputy Vice President of credit card dept of RBL (Mr. Vivek Chaudhary). He assured that Some saurabh (who is head of RBL zomato team) will take care of my case and assured that they will not only check boxes but actually understand and solve my problem. But nothing happened.
The social media team finally called, may be after his intervention, but remained completely silent whenever I asked the reason for rejection.

Even before complaining to RBI, I messaged Mr. Vivek that now I don’t have any option but to go to RBI.

3. If you are in technofino telegram group, you would my messages where I just ignored it thinking it might have happened only with me. But when I saw that they are doing this to everyone only then I raised my voice with full force. You can verify it. The message, I agree, is a little emotional but absolutely not becoz of personal vendetta and neither suffering from lack of substance. I want them to provide justice to all such people. If they give an option where they accept everyone’s request but reject mine, I will happily take that option.

4. Your point of banker’s autonomy is also true. But the same RBI instructs(forces) them to change their MD when they find something wrong in management.(happened recently, you can google about it).
So the point is “Autonomy should not lead to abuse of power”. I just want a fair investigation. If RBL was right to reject and there was a logical reason (chances of which is very low), I will not become egoistic and would happily accept their decision.

Nocash

TF Select
I’m not support RBL! You guys are targeting RBL is unfair because ZOMATO is Responsible for approval of your application.
1, You guys applying on ZOMATO APP not RBL agents or their website
2, This card for existing customer for ZOMATO
3,They are 3 RISKS in financial partnership a) MARKET RISK b) CREDIT RISK c) OPERATIONS RISK on this RBL aligned OPERATIONS risk, both credit and market risk taken by zomato.
4, This card not designed for everyone ,we can find in their website FOODIES designed for FOODIES
5, CITIBANK ,standard chartred and Amex are the WORST in credit card issuance, still they are showing their dramas to us. We can’t do anything against them,By the way Citibank got slapped , very soon SCB and Amex will learn

Here I request to speak zomato if they pretend bank internal policy they are FOOLING themselves but. MARK MY WORD EACH AND EVERY WOULD GET THIS CARD after Swiggy launched their card probably June they will launch their card either icici or axis my guess.
I am so sorry to inform you Selva that All you points, except for your Swiggy prediction and foreign banks, are wrong. Let me know if you want to the reason.

Thank you for a very matured comment master blaster. So happy to see that
Just wanted to add some points

1. You prediction can be right. So I am already planning to go to next step i.e. consumer court only and only if I don’t get satisfactory answer.

2. I had written about escalation in original thread.
Mailed PNO, haven’t received any reply till this date from them.
Tweeted their social media team. No reply even after repetitive reminders.
Personally called, messaged and emailed Deputy Vice President of credit card dept of RBL (Mr. Vivek Chaudhary). He assured that Some saurabh (who is head of RBL zomato team) will take care of my case and assured that they will not only check boxes but actually understand and solve my problem. But nothing happened.
The social media team finally called, may be after his intervention, but remained completely silent whenever I asked the reason for rejection.

Even before complaining to RBI, I messaged Mr. Vivek that now I don’t have any option but to go to RBI.

3. If you are in technofino telegram group, you would my messages where I just ignored it thinking it might have happened only with me. But when I saw that they are doing this to everyone only then I raised my voice with full force. You can verify it. The message, I agree, is a little emotional but absolutely not becoz of personal vendetta and neither suffering from lack of substance. I want them to provide justice to all such people. If they give an option where they accept everyone’s request but reject mine, I will happily take that option.

4. Your point of banker’s autonomy is also true. But the same RBI instructs(forces) them to change their MD when they find something wrong in management.(happened recently, you can google about it).
So the point is “Autonomy should not lead to abuse of power”. I just want a fair investigation. If RBL was right to reject and there was a logical reason (chances of which is very low), I will not become egoistic and would happily accept their decision.
Give it a try.
Nothing to lose.

Nocash

TF Select
4. Whose MD changed ... Couldn't find much on Google, could you share something about this or what to search on Google?

RBI was asking tough questions on NPA

rahulmr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Their customer care is the worst . I had the similar experience . I might have spent hours discussing with the support team and they get the call disconnected and never calls back.
They took cancellation requests of my 2 rbl cards 3 times even without being asked for a cancellation. They are more interested in cancellation and nothing else . It’s not about cibil and I believe it’s about having existing cards . If it’s cibil I wouldn’t have got my magnus and ultimate card last few weeks . The worst customer support . For an email you send they will send you multiple replies and all are contradicting.
Any idea about nodal email or higher escalation email addresses??