• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file Complaint of RBL for rejecting Zomato application to RBI - Step by step guide

Nocash

TF Select
Many people have faced rejection or I should say have been cheated by RBL bank after getting invite from Zomato edition classic card.
It is not just a card issue now but an issue of our prestige. RBL can’t go around treating us like nothing.
So my dear friends, if you have also faced this problem, raise your voice and let RBL know that customers are the king.

Steps for complaining to RBI

ℹ️ For all Zomato card applicants jinko RBL ne reject kara hai

1️⃣ Go to cms.rbi.org.in -> Click on file complaint -> Enter Captcha

2️⃣ Enter your name and verify your mobile number

3️⃣ write complainant category - Individual, and in Entity - Search for RBL bank ltd and finally click “YES” on “is your complaint about credit card” question.

4️⃣ In detail of complaints, tick every option as “NO”

5️⃣ On next page, Click “YES” for “have you filed a written or electronic complaint”

6️⃣ Fill this carefully

Complaint category = Credit card

Complaint sub category 1 = Card issue/maintenance

Complaint sub category 2 = Other issues

Subject of your complaint = Refusal to issue card

7️⃣ In Fact of the case (most important) This is what I have written 👇you can copy and paste after making modification for your case.

“I got an invitation from zomato for their zomato edition classic card which is in partnership with RBL bank.

I was already having existing credit card with RBL named RBL shoprite but this time when I filled my PAN and address, my application was instantly rejected without any reason. I have a very high CIBIL score 780, very low credit utilisation and good credit depth of 5 years. No bank has ever rejected me for any card.

But When I contact RBL support this time, they were not interested in my case.

Customer care is so so bad that they cannot even understand my case and asked me to apply for a fresh card. Their PNO didnot reply at all and their Social media team is worst. They just sent a message that they will contact me and then ghosted me for 3 days inspite of repeating reminders.

Finally they are giving me an excuse that my card is rejected due to bank internal policy.

When I asked how is this possible that some times ago I was fulfilling your all conditions for RBL shoprite but not fulfilling any for RBL zomato card, the customer care goes into complete silence. They all just keep making excuse of bank internal policy and were not giving any logical answer because they donot have any logic. They have given zomato card to many of my friends who were already holding RBL card but here they just donot accept their mistake and are not ready to even listen to or reply to their customer. I had even contacted Mr. Vivek Chaudhary but even he didnot tried to solve my issue.

And this is not only in my case, there are at least 30 to 40 people facing the same issue and are mentally frustrated by the lack of customer support and discriminatory practices of RBL.

It is high time to ban RBL for their non existence and rubbish customer support so this becomes a lesson for other banks.

Kindly take immediate action and provide me the zomato card as soon as possible and ban them from onboarding new customers till they start taking their customers seriously.”

8️⃣ Do not forget to claim compensation of Rs. 1,00,000 (this is the maximum amount) as claim for mental harassment in the last question on this page.

9️⃣ Attach all supporting documents that you want to attach as proof.

🔟 Submit your application, take a screenshot of your complaint number and let’s teach a lesson to RBL bank.

Let’s show them that customers are the king and they can’t take us lightly. Let’s get our card which is our right and their duty to issue.

No bank is bigger than our determination 💯

Attachments

• DBC87505-0C42-4AC4-A780-80CB45DCD6CF.png
    DBC87505-0C42-4AC4-A780-80CB45DCD6CF.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 68
  • F0B85F0D-319F-45E2-96D2-79E99DD4737E.jpeg
    F0B85F0D-319F-45E2-96D2-79E99DD4737E.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 63
  • 4EFB76E3-187F-42C8-9F58-E6CDC19B5328.png
    4EFB76E3-187F-42C8-9F58-E6CDC19B5328.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 61
  • D4502E9A-7938-48D8-8030-9FAC3E9614D6.jpeg
    D4502E9A-7938-48D8-8030-9FAC3E9614D6.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 9BF587D1-7EE5-4B4B-8715-2EF2D4B694D6.jpeg
    9BF587D1-7EE5-4B4B-8715-2EF2D4B694D6.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 62
I am so sorry to inform you Selva that All you points, except for your Swiggy prediction and foreign banks, are wrong. Let me know if you want to the reason.
Thanks for the reply sir, if you find sufficient time kindly give the reason to BLAME RBL , that’s definitely helps me to counter anyone in other social platform.

Their customer care is the worst . I had the similar experience . I might have spent hours discussing with the support team and they get the call disconnected and never calls back.
They took cancellation requests of my 2 rbl cards 3 times even without being asked for a cancellation. They are more interested in cancellation and nothing else . It’s not about cibil and I believe it’s about having existing cards . If it’s cibil I wouldn’t have got my magnus and ultimate card last few weeks . The worst customer support . For an email you send they will send you multiple replies and all are contradicting.
Any idea about nodal email or higher escalation email addresses??
Their PNO doesn’t reply back.
What do you expect from them?
This bank deserves a ban from RBI

Their PNO doesn’t reply back.
What do you expect from them?
This bank deserves a ban from RBI
Then in my case zomato is not replying even CEO not giving reply in regards zomato pro plus membership. Customer care, grievance, nodal, CEO all are same. Should govt bank zomato?

Then in my case zomato is not replying even CEO not giving reply in regards zomato pro plus membership. Customer care, grievance, nodal, CEO all are same. Should govt bank zomato?
I don't think Zomato has any power to control this situation. They have only partnered with RBL for a co-branded card.

It's like asking Govt. to ban Amazon India for rejecting credit card applications for Amazon Pay ICICI card when they have no role to play at all.

Ban?
This is not how things work my friend. Pro Plus is totally upto the company to decide. You, me or the government cannot do anything about it. If you wanted to, you could protest, but that is f**ed up on so many levels.
Like I said earlier, do not be sour losers. People dont want to wait for stuff. You need to wait for stuff to happen, some things may not be served to you on a silver platter :)

Request you guys to maintain the sanctity of this forum. Trivial stuff like this, if they held much value, we would have had Sumant giving his valuable inputs. Other members refraining from this thread means nothing other than this is just a masala thread, which is not providing any real value to other members. I'll refrain from this thread, but if you guys wanna fight a battle against RBL which is not even a battle, more power to you.
You guys are finding a problem, which does not exist, but good luck with it.
Peace out, waiting for good threads 🙌

I don't think Zomato has any power to control this situation. They have only partnered with RBL for a co-branded card.

It's like asking Govt. to ban Amazon India for rejecting credit card applications for Amazon Pay ICICI card when they have no role to play at all.
I am asking about zomat pro plus membership not about card

Ban?
This is not how things work my friend. Pro Plus is totally upto the company to decide. You, me or the government cannot do anything about it. If you wanted to, you could protest, but that is f**ed up on so many levels.
Like I said earlier, do not be sour losers. People dont want to wait for stuff. You need to wait for stuff to happen, some things may not be served to you on a silver platter :)
Actually in my case pro plus membership invite came on the eve of Valentine's day. But due to zomato server problem i am unable to purchase. They promised they will do manually as there system error. Now not replying. Now say whose mistake it is ?

Request you guys to maintain the sanctity of this forum. Trivial stuff like this, if they held much value, we would have had Sumant giving his valuable inputs. Other members refraining from this thread means nothing other than this is just a masala thread, which is not providing any real value to other members. I'll refrain from this thread, but if you guys wanna fight a battle against RBL which is not even a battle, more power to you.
You guys are finding a problem, which does not exist, but good luck with it.
Peace out, waiting for good threads 🙌
Agree. If credit card rejecting how can we Complain to RBI? You can ask that particular bank or nod etc to do. But RBI cannot do anything. If you are loan provider you will give loan of you like or as per your criteria. If i force you to give loan to some one, why you will give right ?

Agree. If credit card rejecting how can we Complain to RBI? You can ask that particular bank or nod etc to do. But RBI cannot do anything. If you are loan provider you will give loan of you like or as per your criteria. If i force you to give loan to some one, why you will give right ?
Exactly. You are not entitled to the services of the bank. As simple as that.

Actually in my case pro plus membership invite came on the eve of Valentine's day. But due to zomato server problem i am unable to purchase. They promised they will do manually as there system error. Now not replying. Now say whose mistake it is ?
During valentine's eve, Zomato was running some promotion of Pro Plus, somewhat like referral or something. It is only natural that this was the first time they were doing it, and there may have been a bug which would have caused this issue. Now, it is okay if you dont understand how these functions work, but think of it like the BBD offer which you clicked on buy but didnt get as some validation at the server end made it ineligible. If you didnt get it earlier, wait for some time, you will get it sooner or later. Rushing for it, blaming zomato, sending them mails is not going to work because even the customer care representatives have no control over the eligibility algorithms. It is not as if you can add exceptions to that. So I'd advise you to wait it out

Many people have faced rejection or I should say have been cheated by RBL bank after getting invite from Zomato edition classic card.
It is not just a card issue now but an issue of our prestige. RBL can’t go around treating us like nothing.
So my dear friends, if you have also faced this problem, raise your voice and let RBL know that customers are the king.

Steps for complaining to RBI

ℹ️ For all Zomato card applicants jinko RBL ne reject kara hai

1️⃣ Go to cms.rbi.org.in -> Click on file complaint -> Enter Captcha

2️⃣ Enter your name and verify your mobile number

3️⃣ write complainant category - Individual, and in Entity - Search for RBL bank ltd and finally click “YES” on “is your complaint about credit card” question.

4️⃣ In detail of complaints, tick every option as “NO”

5️⃣ On next page, Click “YES” for “have you filed a written or electronic complaint”

6️⃣ Fill this carefully

Complaint category = Credit card

Complaint sub category 1 = Card issue/maintenance

Complaint sub category 2 = Other issues

Subject of your complaint = Refusal to issue card

7️⃣ In Fact of the case (most important) This is what I have written 👇you can copy and paste after making modification for your case.

“I got an invitation from zomato for their zomato edition classic card which is in partnership with RBL bank.

I was already having existing credit card with RBL named RBL shoprite but this time when I filled my PAN and address, my application was instantly rejected without any reason. I have a very high CIBIL score 780, very low credit utilisation and good credit depth of 5 years. No bank has ever rejected me for any card.

But When I contact RBL support this time, they were not interested in my case.

Customer care is so so bad that they cannot even understand my case and asked me to apply for a fresh card. Their PNO didnot reply at all and their Social media team is worst. They just sent a message that they will contact me and then ghosted me for 3 days inspite of repeating reminders.

Finally they are giving me an excuse that my card is rejected due to bank internal policy.

When I asked how is this possible that some times ago I was fulfilling your all conditions for RBL shoprite but not fulfilling any for RBL zomato card, the customer care goes into complete silence. They all just keep making excuse of bank internal policy and were not giving any logical answer because they donot have any logic. They have given zomato card to many of my friends who were already holding RBL card but here they just donot accept their mistake and are not ready to even listen to or reply to their customer. I had even contacted Mr. Vivek Chaudhary but even he didnot tried to solve my issue.

And this is not only in my case, there are at least 30 to 40 people facing the same issue and are mentally frustrated by the lack of customer support and discriminatory practices of RBL.

It is high time to ban RBL for their non existence and rubbish customer support so this becomes a lesson for other banks.

Kindly take immediate action and provide me the zomato card as soon as possible and ban them from onboarding new customers till they start taking their customers seriously.”

8️⃣ Do not forget to claim compensation of Rs. 1,00,000 (this is the maximum amount) as claim for mental harassment in the last question on this page.

9️⃣ Attach all supporting documents that you want to attach as proof.

🔟 Submit your application, take a screenshot of your complaint number and let’s teach a lesson to RBL bank.

Let’s show them that customers are the king and they can’t take us lightly. Let’s get our card which is our right and their duty to issue.

No bank is bigger than our determination 💯
Inform karna aage kya hota hai..

🤷🏻‍♂️
LUKA zomato is not under the supervision of any regulatory authority while RBL being a bank is. How can you compare a food delivery startup with bank for ban?
Kaise kar lete ho aise comparisons.

RBL has to give proper reply on this Zomato is saying rejection reason showing as pan number not verified from nsdl while enquiry has been made on cibil by RBL for everyone.

If this is a technical glitch then look into the matter and solve the problem for everyone.
According to rbi every bank has to give proper reply and customer service.

RBL has to give proper reply on this Zomato is saying rejection reason showing as pan number not verified from nsdl while enquiry has been made on cibil by RBL for everyone.

If this is a technical glitch then look into the matter and solve the problem for everyone.
According to rbi every bank has to give proper reply and customer service.
Vivek, Can you send screenshot when zomato cc told you about this?

Vivek, Can you send screenshot when zomato cc told you about this?
Hi @Nocash ,

Below you can see the email as well as chat support stating that Pan couldn't verify. But in my Cibil report, I can see the enquiry from RBL on application date. Either Zomato is bluffing to us or RBL is trying to fool Zomato.

At beginning Zomato admitted that there was a technical glitch going on and I can reply after 24 hours by reinstalling the zomato app. Later they went upside-down stating this and it's bank decision and policy. Quite ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_140733.jpg
    IMG_20220404_140733.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20220404_140712.jpg
    IMG_20220404_140712.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 35
Hi @Nocash ,

Below you can see the email as well as chat support stating that Pan couldn't verify. But in my Cibil report, I can see the enquiry from RBL on application date. Either Zomato is bluffing to us or RBL is trying to fool Zomato.

At beginning Zomato admitted that there was a technical glitch going on and I can reply after 24 hours by reinstalling the zomato app. Later they went upside-down stating this and it's bank decision and policy. Quite ridiculous.
But still there will be some people who will say bank is not discriminating, bank has the right to accept or reject and bank can’t be wrong.

This is absolutely mockery of customer rights. And this is what generally happens in partnership (a reason for chaos in BNPL cards too)

I would highly recommend you to highlight the matter to RBI. Let them know how one bank is doing shady practices and RBI has no clue about it.

Back