• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to file Complaint of RBL for rejecting Zomato application to RBI - Step by step guide

Nocash

TF Select
Many people have faced rejection or I should say have been cheated by RBL bank after getting invite from Zomato edition classic card.
It is not just a card issue now but an issue of our prestige. RBL can’t go around treating us like nothing.
So my dear friends, if you have also faced this problem, raise your voice and let RBL know that customers are the king.

Steps for complaining to RBI

ℹ️ For all Zomato card applicants jinko RBL ne reject kara hai

1️⃣ Go to cms.rbi.org.in -> Click on file complaint -> Enter Captcha

2️⃣ Enter your name and verify your mobile number

3️⃣ write complainant category - Individual, and in Entity - Search for RBL bank ltd and finally click “YES” on “is your complaint about credit card” question.

4️⃣ In detail of complaints, tick every option as “NO”

5️⃣ On next page, Click “YES” for “have you filed a written or electronic complaint”

6️⃣ Fill this carefully

Complaint category = Credit card

Complaint sub category 1 = Card issue/maintenance

Complaint sub category 2 = Other issues

Subject of your complaint = Refusal to issue card

7️⃣ In Fact of the case (most important) This is what I have written 👇you can copy and paste after making modification for your case.

“I got an invitation from zomato for their zomato edition classic card which is in partnership with RBL bank.

I was already having existing credit card with RBL named RBL shoprite but this time when I filled my PAN and address, my application was instantly rejected without any reason. I have a very high CIBIL score 780, very low credit utilisation and good credit depth of 5 years. No bank has ever rejected me for any card.

But When I contact RBL support this time, they were not interested in my case.

Customer care is so so bad that they cannot even understand my case and asked me to apply for a fresh card. Their PNO didnot reply at all and their Social media team is worst. They just sent a message that they will contact me and then ghosted me for 3 days inspite of repeating reminders.

Finally they are giving me an excuse that my card is rejected due to bank internal policy.

When I asked how is this possible that some times ago I was fulfilling your all conditions for RBL shoprite but not fulfilling any for RBL zomato card, the customer care goes into complete silence. They all just keep making excuse of bank internal policy and were not giving any logical answer because they donot have any logic. They have given zomato card to many of my friends who were already holding RBL card but here they just donot accept their mistake and are not ready to even listen to or reply to their customer. I had even contacted Mr. Vivek Chaudhary but even he didnot tried to solve my issue.

And this is not only in my case, there are at least 30 to 40 people facing the same issue and are mentally frustrated by the lack of customer support and discriminatory practices of RBL.

It is high time to ban RBL for their non existence and rubbish customer support so this becomes a lesson for other banks.

Kindly take immediate action and provide me the zomato card as soon as possible and ban them from onboarding new customers till they start taking their customers seriously.”

8️⃣ Do not forget to claim compensation of Rs. 1,00,000 (this is the maximum amount) as claim for mental harassment in the last question on this page.

9️⃣ Attach all supporting documents that you want to attach as proof.

🔟 Submit your application, take a screenshot of your complaint number and let’s teach a lesson to RBL bank.

Let’s show them that customers are the king and they can’t take us lightly. Let’s get our card which is our right and their duty to issue.

No bank is bigger than our determination 💯

Attachments

• DBC87505-0C42-4AC4-A780-80CB45DCD6CF.png
    DBC87505-0C42-4AC4-A780-80CB45DCD6CF.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 68
  • F0B85F0D-319F-45E2-96D2-79E99DD4737E.jpeg
    F0B85F0D-319F-45E2-96D2-79E99DD4737E.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 63
  • 4EFB76E3-187F-42C8-9F58-E6CDC19B5328.png
    4EFB76E3-187F-42C8-9F58-E6CDC19B5328.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 61
  • D4502E9A-7938-48D8-8030-9FAC3E9614D6.jpeg
    D4502E9A-7938-48D8-8030-9FAC3E9614D6.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 9BF587D1-7EE5-4B4B-8715-2EF2D4B694D6.jpeg
    9BF587D1-7EE5-4B4B-8715-2EF2D4B694D6.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 62
But still there will be some people who will say bank is not discriminating, bank has the right to accept or reject and bank can’t be wrong.

This is absolutely mockery of customer rights. And this is what generally happens in partnership (a reason for chaos in BNPL cards too)

I would highly recommend you to highlight the matter to RBI. Let them know how one bank is doing shady practices and RBI has no clue about it.
@Nocash

Zomato is keep on telling that it was declined because, Bank couldn't verify my pan. As I told in earlier message, bank verified my Pan and they made enquiry as well. I have shared the cibil enquiry screenshot to zomato, after seeing the ss, the didn't have anything to say. Then onwards they are telling rejected due to Bank's internal policy which zomato is not aware of, moreover bank won't reveal it. Crazy isn't it?

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_152353.jpg
    IMG_20220404_152353.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 22
But still there will be some people who will say bank is not discriminating, bank has the right to accept or reject and bank can’t be wrong.
Yes, bank have the right. But there should be a valid reason. In my case, I'm in serviceable location, Cibil with 783, no single default. No idea what internal policy it is. Looks like Rocket Science.

Yes, bank have the right. But there should be a valid reason. In my case, I'm in serviceable location, Cibil with 783, no single default. No idea what internal policy it is. Looks like Rocket Science.
That is what I am saying from day 1.
I have literally no problem with them, if there is any logical reason for rejection which is not created only to reject my case.

But people here have such surrendering mentality and absolute loss of trust in govt system that I can’t even imagine in my dreams.
It is becoz of such mentality banks are able to do whatever they want to do.
Break the shackles guys. Fight for what is right , support the right and demand the justice.

@Nocash @ReddyR

Hi Folks,

Any of you got any revert from RBI / RBL Bank after registering the complaint with RBI?
You can track status. Generally It takes time to reach the complaint to RBI and then RBI asks bank about the complaint.

My complaint has been registered (stage 1) but not yet reached to concerned RBI authority (stage 2).
You have done your part, now just wait for few days.

You can track status. Generally It takes time to reach the complaint to RBI and then RBI asks bank about the complaint.

My complaint has been registered (stage 1) but not yet reached to concerned RBI authority (stage 2).
You have done your part, now just wait for few days.
Do update once you get any reply.

Many people have faced rejection or I should say have been cheated by RBL bank after getting invite from Zomato edition classic card.
It is not just a card issue now but an issue of our prestige. RBL can’t go around treating us like nothing.
So my dear friends, if you have also faced this problem, raise your voice and let RBL know that customers are the king.

Steps for complaining to RBI

ℹ️ For all Zomato card applicants jinko RBL ne reject kara hai

1️⃣ Go to cms.rbi.org.in -> Click on file complaint -> Enter Captcha

2️⃣ Enter your name and verify your mobile number

3️⃣ write complainant category - Individual, and in Entity - Search for RBL bank ltd and finally click “YES” on “is your complaint about credit card” question.

4️⃣ In detail of complaints, tick every option as “NO”

5️⃣ On next page, Click “YES” for “have you filed a written or electronic complaint”

6️⃣ Fill this carefully

Complaint category = Credit card

Complaint sub category 1 = Card issue/maintenance

Complaint sub category 2 = Other issues

Subject of your complaint = Refusal to issue card

7️⃣ In Fact of the case (most important) This is what I have written 👇you can copy and paste after making modification for your case.

“I got an invitation from zomato for their zomato edition classic card which is in partnership with RBL bank.

I was already having existing credit card with RBL named RBL shoprite but this time when I filled my PAN and address, my application was instantly rejected without any reason. I have a very high CIBIL score 780, very low credit utilisation and good credit depth of 5 years. No bank has ever rejected me for any card.

But When I contact RBL support this time, they were not interested in my case.

Customer care is so so bad that they cannot even understand my case and asked me to apply for a fresh card. Their PNO didnot reply at all and their Social media team is worst. They just sent a message that they will contact me and then ghosted me for 3 days inspite of repeating reminders.

Finally they are giving me an excuse that my card is rejected due to bank internal policy.

When I asked how is this possible that some times ago I was fulfilling your all conditions for RBL shoprite but not fulfilling any for RBL zomato card, the customer care goes into complete silence. They all just keep making excuse of bank internal policy and were not giving any logical answer because they donot have any logic. They have given zomato card to many of my friends who were already holding RBL card but here they just donot accept their mistake and are not ready to even listen to or reply to their customer. I had even contacted Mr. Vivek Chaudhary but even he didnot tried to solve my issue.

And this is not only in my case, there are at least 30 to 40 people facing the same issue and are mentally frustrated by the lack of customer support and discriminatory practices of RBL.

It is high time to ban RBL for their non existence and rubbish customer support so this becomes a lesson for other banks.

Kindly take immediate action and provide me the zomato card as soon as possible and ban them from onboarding new customers till they start taking their customers seriously.”

8️⃣ Do not forget to claim compensation of Rs. 1,00,000 (this is the maximum amount) as claim for mental harassment in the last question on this page.

9️⃣ Attach all supporting documents that you want to attach as proof.

🔟 Submit your application, take a screenshot of your complaint number and let’s teach a lesson to RBL bank.

Let’s show them that customers are the king and they can’t take us lightly. Let’s get our card which is our right and their duty to issue.

No bank is bigger than our determination 💯
U got any updates bro!?

What they are discussing on call? Any good to us?
Update - RBL people have started given lollipop. They are very scared now.

Their representative called me and told sir I can upgrade your existing RBL Shoprite to Zomato card (same thing was offered to Sumanta way back) as instructed by my senior.

Those who have filed the complaint will get a call from RBL pretty soon.

As far as my case is concerned I told him clearly that I will not buy this lollipop. I will not take back my complain from RBI and would not settle for anything less than a monetary compensation plus an apology letter from RBL. And If RBI does not help, I am fully prepared to go to consumer Court.

In conclusion, inka nasha/ghamand utar kar rahenge. Internal policy can’t be an excuse to abuse power and RBL has to pay the price for my time and energy wasted on pathetic customer support of RBL.

Update - RBL people have started given lollipop. They are very scared now.

Their representative called me and told sir I can upgrade your existing RBL Shoprite to Zomato card (same thing was offered to Sumanta way back) as instructed by my senior.

Those who have filed the complaint will get a call from RBL pretty soon.

As far as my case is concerned I told him clearly that I will not buy this lollipop. I will not take back my complain from RBI and would not settle for anything less than a monetary compensation plus an apology letter from RBL. And If RBI does not help, I am fully prepared to go to consumer Court.

In conclusion, inka nasha/ghamand utar kar rahenge. Internal policy can’t be an excuse to abuse power and RBL has to pay the price for my time and energy wasted on pathetic customer support of RBL.
Just now i lodged a RBI compliant. Let's see how they will consider my matter.

I don't think in that case you will get a favorable solution. It's because you were willingly took the card by knowing it was a paid card. Can't complaint on that IMO.
Likewise we should lodge a complaint against Axis Bank for not converting our Existing Flipkart Axis Bank Card to LTF.. I already lodged a compliant regarding the same. Will update you soon.

Back