• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
So, after reading this thread, I decided to try my luck to upgrade my DCB LTF with 8L limit to Infinia by emailing grievance saying that I am facing acceptance issues with Diners. 20 days and multiple emails asking for salary slips and what, they increased the credit limit to 9.6L but refused the upgrade citing "internal policies". My salary is way above the required limit and the spending would have been around 4-5L in the past few months. Spending slowed down as I diverted most of the regular (non-multiplier) spending to Magnus recently. While I am planning to escalate to PNO, I dont think I would get any favourable response. I find it absurd that they take 20 days for such things - I got Magnus in 4 days after applying inspite of the fact that it was my first Axis relationship!

Options for me
1. Take a couple of addon cards on DCB and screw them by using lounge access wherever possible on DCB. Anyways, DCB is LTF :)
2. Continue to put significant spends on DCB to try to push the credit limit above 10L to try for the upgrade. Not sure, whether Infinia is worth losing out on points by spending on other cards.
3. Since my spending on Magnus would be more than 15L, take another card to put the extra spending on that (Maybe a Amex or Axis Reserve?).

Let me know your thoughts! Also, do you think that sending snail mail to the Chennai office with the upgrade form would help out?
Update on this - wrote to PNO and they have now reverted that "they will review the Infinia upgrade" and asked me to send over the upgrade form. Still not sure what the outcome of the "review" would be! Interestingly, since I had highlighted Diners Card acceptance issues, they have asked me to send over a list of websites and terminals where I had this issue. As if, I was busy noting these down :-)

Update on this - wrote to PNO and they have now reverted that "they will review the Infinia upgrade" and asked me to send over the upgrade form. Still not sure what the outcome of the "review" would be! Interestingly, since I had highlighted Diners Card acceptance issues, they have asked me to send over a list of websites and terminals where I had this issue. As if, I was busy noting these down :)
Have you started making the list of the websites that have the problem, i have a few that have a recurring problem, one important being Croma, others are Google payments and such, lets all make a list here if we can

I never realized till off late that getting Infinia would be a big deal. I received the upgrade offer 1.5 years back after I had few big spends on my earlier Regalia Card. I didn't upgrade my card then. Big mistake I would think, had I known the benefits of Infinia and pain in getting it upgraded manually. My RM couple of months back asked me casually if I want to upgrade and got it approved(not a smooth process(nothing was required from my end though, only verification was done). Status showed declined in between and I had instant regret of asking for upgrade, but eventually my RM got it sorted on his own.
From my experience, if you meet the criteria, RM/BM can help you get the upgrade to Infinia, just how far they value the relationship matters.

Does HDFC allow holding DCB and infinia, since they're on separate networks?
I have Infinia on mastercard platform and I had Regalia on Visa. I had posed similar question but they didnt allow me to keep Regalia. I was asked to close Regalia first and till closure of the Regalia card my Infinia was put in block status. Almost for 3 days :(

I did both. Courier and the same scanned copies mailed to grievance redressal
Was it

To,
Manager / Grievance Redressal Officer,
HDFC Bank Cards Division,
96, Prince Kushal Towers Ground Floor,
Anna Salai,
Next To LIC Building,
Mount Road,
Chennai - 600002,
Tamil Nadu.

or

To,
Manager / Grievance Redressal Officer,
HDFC Bank Cards Division,
# 8, Lattice Bridge Road,
Thiruvanmiyur,
Chennai - 600 041
Tamil Nadu.

I never realized till off late that getting Infinia would be a big deal. I received the upgrade offer 1.5 years back after I had few big spends on my earlier Regalia Card. I didn't upgrade my card then. Big mistake I would think, had I known the benefits of Infinia and pain in getting it upgraded manually. My RM couple of months back asked me casually if I want to upgrade and got it approved(not a smooth process(nothing was required from my end though, only verification was done). Status showed declined in between and I had instant regret of asking for upgrade, but eventually my RM got it sorted on his own.
From my experience, if you meet the criteria, RM/BM can help you get the upgrade to Infinia, just how far they value the relationship matters.
On the same boat, got an upgrade offer 2 years back didn't take it. I haven't asked my RM specifically but once they said that ITR needed to have 40L+ for Infinia. So I never bothered. Did they tell you what criteria they used to offer you at the end. I HAVE 9L limit and 6L+ spends in the last 6 months.

On the same boat, got an upgrade offer 2 years back didn't take it. I haven't asked my RM specifically but once they said that ITR needed to have 40L+ for Infinia. So I never bothered. Did they tell you what criteria they used to offer you at the end. I HAVE 9L limit and 6L+ spends in the last 6 months.
I have imperia relationship with bank. I did not ask about the criteria, but based on what I read here in forum, I meet all the criteria.

Update on this - wrote to PNO and they have now reverted that "they will review the Infinia upgrade" and asked me to send over the upgrade form. Still not sure what the outcome of the "review" would be! Interestingly, since I had highlighted Diners Card acceptance issues, they have asked me to send over a list of websites and terminals where I had this issue. As if, I was busy noting these down :)
Update : Incoming Infinia spotted :-)

A flurry of SMSes from Blue Dart and from HDFC indicates that the upgrade has gone through although net banking still shows DCB in a "transfer" state.
1 month after my first request to Grievance and 1 week after my escalation to PNO, this upgrade has gone through. I kept highlighting Diners acceptance issues so that they don't bring up the lesser spending in the past few months.

Thanks to @TechnoFino and this community and the experience of folks on this thread, I have gone from a paid DCB with 5L limit to LTF DCB with 8L limit to LTF DCB with 9.6L limit to FYF Infinia with same limit!

My learning from this is that if you keep pushing and meet the salary criteria, it is easier. And the 1st level and 2nd level folks are mostly clueless, so need to escalate.

Update : Incoming Infinia spotted :)

A flurry of SMSes from Blue Dart and from HDFC indicates that the upgrade has gone through although net banking still shows DCB in a "transfer" state.
1 month after my first request to Grievance and 1 week after my escalation to PNO, this upgrade has gone through. I kept highlighting Diners acceptance issues so that they don't bring up the lesser spending in the past few months.

Thanks to @TechnoFino and this community and the experience of folks on this thread, I have gone from a paid DCB with 5L limit to LTF DCB with 8L limit to LTF DCB with 9.6L limit to FYF Infinia with same limit!

My learning from this is that if you keep pushing and meet the salary criteria, it is easier. And the 1st level and 2nd level folks are mostly clueless, so need to escalate.
Congratulations !!!

Reactions: LT1
Hello folks,
I have a LTF DC Privilege card with 13L limit (something that I am holding from 8-9 years). Recently I have been bombarded with DCB FYF offers, I have written to their grievance redressal team stating that I would only consider it if's LTF or swapped for Infinia. What are the chances that they will consider this?

Unfortunately my RM is useless.. I have a regalia with 10+L limit and have maxed it out a few times.. I casually called and said I have the DCB offer (FYF) but I want infinia but no response

Does the grievance email method work?

All I'm looking for is infinia fyf

Unfortunately my RM is useless.. I have a regalia with 10+L limit and have maxed it out a few times.. I casually called and said I have the DCB offer (FYF) but I want infinia but no response

Does the grievance email method work?

All I'm looking for is infinia fyf
If you have maxed out ragalia even once in last 6 months then go ahead and mail hdfc grievance team. you will get infinia 100%.

Back