• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I have been using DCB for more than 5 years now & it has a limit of 15 Lac, i was wondering if i can upgrade it to Infinia, or will it be a problem since it's diners and Infinia is master, Kindly advise..
Regards
If you meet the salary criteria, no reason why you shouldn't get the upgrade. But then HDFC can always surprise :-)

So, after reading this thread, I decided to try my luck to upgrade my DCB LTF with 8L limit to Infinia by emailing grievance saying that I am facing acceptance issues with Diners. 20 days and multiple emails asking for salary slips and what, they increased the credit limit to 9.6L but refused the upgrade citing "internal policies". My salary is way above the required limit and the spending would have been around 4-5L in the past few months. Spending slowed down as I diverted most of the regular (non-multiplier) spending to Magnus recently. While I am planning to escalate to PNO, I dont think I would get any favourable response. I find it absurd that they take 20 days for such things - I got Magnus in 4 days after applying inspite of the fact that it was my first Axis relationship!

Options for me
1. Take a couple of addon cards on DCB and screw them by using lounge access wherever possible on DCB. Anyways, DCB is LTF :)
2. Continue to put significant spends on DCB to try to push the credit limit above 10L to try for the upgrade. Not sure, whether Infinia is worth losing out on points by spending on other cards.
3. Since my spending on Magnus would be more than 15L, take another card to put the extra spending on that (Maybe a Amex or Axis Reserve?).

Let me know your thoughts! Also, do you think that sending snail mail to the Chennai office with the upgrade form would help out?
push HDFC, they can offer you infinia if you are eligible on the basis of income.
you can get axis reserve also, better card in my opinion :)

i don't meet the salary criteria
I had Regalia which was 6 months old. My spends on regalia card is hardly 1L in those 6 months. I wrote for a limit increase and upgrade to escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com, they asked for income documents, accepted the limit increase and denied the upgrade. I escalated it to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com, they agreed for limit increase and upgrade, since it took more than 40 days they again asked for the documents and denied the upgrade. I escalated to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.
They increased my credit limit and upgraded my card to Infnia, card was delivered in a week. I think the main criteria for them is income.

I had Regalia which was 6 months old. My spends on regalia card is hardly 1L in those 6 months. I wrote for a limit increase and upgrade to escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com, they asked for income documents, accepted the limit increase and denied the upgrade. I escalated it to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com, they agreed for limit increase and upgrade, since it took more than 40 days they again asked for the documents and denied the upgrade. I escalated to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.
They increased my credit limit and upgraded my card to Infnia, card was delivered in a week. I think the main criteria for them is income.
Hey __Kash__, do you mind sharing the email you wrote to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com? You can censor personal deets. And how long ago was it when you did this process? Like a few years back or just recently. I'm in the same boat

Hey __Kash__, do you mind sharing the email you wrote to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com? You can censor personal deets. And how long ago was it when you did this process? Like a few years back or just recently. I'm in the same boat
I've created a thread in this community, you can check that: https://www.technofino.in/community...inia-upgrade-approved-and-then-rejected.7221/

This is the email I sent:

I'm unhappy with the way HDFC is responding and treating their customers. I applied for a credit limit increase and upgrade of credit card by sharing all the request documents. I request you to increase my credit limit and upgrade my card ending XXXX to Infinia as approved earlier. If HDFC is unable to upgrade my existing card then please close my existing Regalia credit card as well, I no longer want to use Regalia credit card. I have highlighted the communication I had with HDFC customer care below:

Mail communication with: escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com
Day 1: 19-Dec-22: Sent a mail for limit enhancement

Day 2: 20-Dec-22: Got a response to revert with relevant documents for reviewing the request. I sent all the relevant documents for review along with limit enhancement and upgrade form.

Day 15: 02-Jan-23: Got a response that limit enhancement request is approved to be enhanced. I sent a confirmation and requested for the status of the card upgrade request.

Day 22: 09-Jan-23: Response from team: "We have liased with concern team and requst you to forward us the latest upgrade Most Important document for us to review your request. Also seek your acceptance for the offered limit increase amount for us to proceed further." I shared the latest upgrade form for card upgrade.

Day 33: 20-Jan-23: Response from team: "We regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your Infinia upgrade as it does not meet the internal criteria of the bank."

Mail communication with: grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
Day 33: 20-Jan-23: Sent a mail to re-consider card upgrade request.

Day 37: 24-Jan-23: Card upgrade was approved: "On receipt of your email, we note that you wish to upgrade your existing Regalia card to Infinia credit card. As an outcome of our review, we take this opportunity to inform you that we are willing to convert your said card to Infinia credit card as first year free. "

I accepted the terms and conditions and sent them the upgrade form again.

Day 43: 30-Jan-23: Upgrade request rejected: "we regret to inform you that we are unable to accede your upgrade request currently. Further, In order to review your request for Limit enhancement in credit card account, we request you to revert with the scanned copy of recent three months pay slip or ITR with the computation sheet (if self-employed) vide return email for us to enable us to assist you further."

After spending 43 days responding to all emails and sending all the documents, I'm back to where I started, again they are asking for the documents. As stated above all my requests were approved and in the time of processing the request again the documents are being requested. I'm literally humiliated by the way HDFC is treating this case. I'm certainly unhappy with the entire case.

I've created a thread in this community, you can check that: https://www.technofino.in/community...inia-upgrade-approved-and-then-rejected.7221/

This is the email I sent:

I'm unhappy with the way HDFC is responding and treating their customers. I applied for a credit limit increase and upgrade of credit card by sharing all the request documents. I request you to increase my credit limit and upgrade my card ending XXXX to Infinia as approved earlier. If HDFC is unable to upgrade my existing card then please close my existing Regalia credit card as well, I no longer want to use Regalia credit card. I have highlighted the communication I had with HDFC customer care below:

Mail communication with: escalation.cc@hdfcbank.com
Day 1: 19-Dec-22: Sent a mail for limit enhancement

Day 2: 20-Dec-22: Got a response to revert with relevant documents for reviewing the request. I sent all the relevant documents for review along with limit enhancement and upgrade form.

Day 15: 02-Jan-23: Got a response that limit enhancement request is approved to be enhanced. I sent a confirmation and requested for the status of the card upgrade request.

Day 22: 09-Jan-23: Response from team: "We have liased with concern team and requst you to forward us the latest upgrade Most Important document for us to review your request. Also seek your acceptance for the offered limit increase amount for us to proceed further." I shared the latest upgrade form for card upgrade.

Day 33: 20-Jan-23: Response from team: "We regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your Infinia upgrade as it does not meet the internal criteria of the bank."

Mail communication with: grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
Day 33: 20-Jan-23: Sent a mail to re-consider card upgrade request.

Day 37: 24-Jan-23: Card upgrade was approved: "On receipt of your email, we note that you wish to upgrade your existing Regalia card to Infinia credit card. As an outcome of our review, we take this opportunity to inform you that we are willing to convert your said card to Infinia credit card as first year free. "

I accepted the terms and conditions and sent them the upgrade form again.

Day 43: 30-Jan-23: Upgrade request rejected: "we regret to inform you that we are unable to accede your upgrade request currently. Further, In order to review your request for Limit enhancement in credit card account, we request you to revert with the scanned copy of recent three months pay slip or ITR with the computation sheet (if self-employed) vide return email for us to enable us to assist you further."

After spending 43 days responding to all emails and sending all the documents, I'm back to where I started, again they are asking for the documents. As stated above all my requests were approved and in the time of processing the request again the documents are being requested. I'm literally humiliated by the way HDFC is treating this case. I'm certainly unhappy with the entire case.
What is ur salary?

Does it need to fulfil both ITR and salary criteria?
In my case, my ITR is more than 45L but salary criteria is not fulfilled. Do you think they will upgrade on basis on ITR?
I think its monthly salary for salaried and itr for self employed. U shd declare urself as self employed and submit itr i think.

Does it need to fulfil both ITR and salary criteria?
In my case, my ITR is more than 45L but salary criteria is not fulfilled. Do you think they will upgrade on basis on ITR?
If your salary credit is not to HDFC bank, they will ask for bank statements showing salary credits as well. The best would be to provide all 3 - ITR, Salary slips and bank statements - and let them decide. You would have declared yourselves as salaried earlier, so not worth mentioning you are self employed ..

Back