• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,213
Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I Need Help!
I have a long way to cover before reaching Infinia. HDFC is my oldest card, currently using Regalia. Until last week, I had no hopes of even getting closer to Infinia, but HDFC doubled my Credit limit to 6.9 Lakh & made my Regalia LTF as well :) My spending in the last 8 months is around 5 Lakh.

I need a suggestion from the experts here: Do I wait for the Regalia limit to go up to 10 Lakh & request Infinia? Or do I ask for an upgrade to DCB right now & use it for 6 months before asking for an upgrade to Infinia ( I meet the income criteria for DCB).

@Diptajit @Wealth is my birth right! @787 @Prakhar @TechnoFino
I can skip dcb route if in the next 5 months if u r having good spending
Dcb why I say no is sometimes it stuck for years
Try to get 10lac limit and with good spend like >7lac over a period send infinia upgrade form they will consider

Pr@k

TF Select
I can skip dcb route if in the next 5 months if u r having good spending
Dcb why I say no is sometimes it stuck for years
Try to get 10lac limit and with good spend like >7lac over a period send infinia upgrade form they will consider
I agree, infinia will get rejected for now and if you’ve just got it free keep it and show spending and payments.. 6-8 months down you will get a LE and a offer to move to DCB.. write to them then for infinia and it will go through

suhailmz

TF Premier
I agree, infinia will get rejected for now and if you’ve just got it free keep it and show spending and payments.. 6-8 months down you will get a LE and a offer to move to DCB.. write to them then for infinia and it will go through
Thanks, will do the same!

ManasG

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Congratulations! My communication timelines with HDFC are very similar to yours! I am in the step where they gave me a TAT of 28 Feb after I agreed to their upgrade terms and sent them the form. Still waiting to hear back or see any indication of a new card on netbanking. Could you share how exactly did they confirm the approval and dispatch?
The last time I received a response from them saying I forgot to tick the card I’m applying for. I sent the form back the same day, and I can now FINALLY see an Infinia being transferred in on NetBanking! Almost certain now that I would be receiving an approval and dispatch email from them, soon! Thanks so much to this community! I owe this card to you!
UPDATE: Infinia received!!

Last edited:

sma

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I requested for upgrade and got rejected, I have regalia with 9.8L Limit, Imperia account and ITR required, Cibil 810. Still it was denied. I have Magnus 6L+ & ICICI amazon pay (33L limit). So any c2c or any other way to push them. I requested for card closer then they are sending DBC upgrade. But I don't want to take DBC and wait.
Finally got it approved.

process worked for me
  • After upgrade rejection, I raised request for Regalia closure
  • Raised a complaint to PNO with my relationship details and experience
  • Applied for new card using online application where it showed me Infinia, I selected it and completed
  • I did all above steps in parallel
  • my application was denied in few hours
  • got a response from priority desk saying that they will get back to me in 3 days
  • Meanwhile closely followed up on regalia closure to make sure it won’t delay (my plan was apply after 6months)
  • Got a call from credit card guy of Hdfc who claims to be area incharge to collect my income documents from md team.
  • He collected my documents (3months Sal slips)
  • In 3 working days after doc collection it showed me approved.
Anyone in forum tell me how long it will take from approve to dispatch?

sma

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Finally got it approved.

process worked for me
  • Applied for new card using online application where it showed me Infinia, I selected it and completed
  • got a response from priority desk saying that they will get back to me in 3 days
  • Meanwhile closely followed up on regalia closure to make sure it won’t delay (my plan was apply after 6months)
  • Got a call from credit card guy of Hdfc who claims to be area incharge to collect my income documents from md team.
Also some points I collected by talking to Hdfc imperia phone banking office not RM (50min call) and Credit card doc collection Agent who claims to have processed many Infinia cards

For Upgrade

• Required limit 8L in current card
  • Past 6months transactions > 7.5L
more or less both said same thing I have 9.8 limit and yearly spend of 13L but last 6months is less as I got better cards. So it may be major criteria for my rejection.

For fresh card
  • 2.75L net take home salary (according to guy who collected my documents he is very confident)
  • 4L net take home according to Imperia banking officer, but I doubt to get 4L take one should have easily more than 70L+ ctc
  • Good credit score

RupayMan

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also some points I collected by talking to Hdfc imperia phone banking office not RM (50min call) and Credit card doc collection Agent who claims to have processed many Infinia cards

For Upgrade

more or less both said same thing I have 9.8 limit and yearly spend of 13L but last 6months is less as I got better cards. So it may be major criteria for my rejection.

For fresh card
  • 2.75L net take home salary (according to guy who collected my documents he is very confident)
  • 4L net take home according to Imperia banking officer, but I doubt to get 4L take one should have easily more than 70L+ ctc
  • Good credit score
HDFC should reconsider this process of Infinia, there are things to get this card and even after devaluation.

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

For Upgrade

For fresh card
  • Good credit score
Thanks for sharing the details. Will be useful for many who plan to apply in the future.

sma

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Any idea how long it will take to deliver from Approved? HDFC TAT are very poor, every reply to PNO/escalation desk will get response saying give us min 3 days to respond. And they never respond before 3 days. For ICICI I got card request email to head rm to delivery in 3days.

Pr@k

TF Select
Any idea how long it will take to deliver from Approved? HDFC TAT are very poor, every reply to PNO/escalation desk will get response saying give us min 3 days to respond. And they never respond before 3 days. For ICICI I got card request email to head rm to delivery in 3days.

from theday i got the approval msg (but my approval had my last 4 digits of the new card) i recieved my card on the 5th day

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The last time I received a response from them saying I forgot to tick the card I’m applying for. I sent the form back the same day, and I can now FINALLY see an Infinia being transferred in on NetBanking! Almost certain now that I would be receiving an approval and dispatch email from them, soon! Thanks so much to this community! I owe this card to you!
UPDATE: Infinia received!!
Infinia LTF or with Annual fee

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Finally got it approved.

process worked for me
Online application showed infinnia directly ?
Isn’t it a invite only card ?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

For Upgrade

For fresh card
  • Good credit score
I am not sure about the fresh card, i went to hdfc branch and am eligible as per the fresh card requirement but was told that infinnia is a invite only card so can’t be applied directly , BM told me to do A FD of 11 lakhs and get secured , I denied getting a secured card he then told me to open a account and deposit good amount in that , I even tried that deposited some 12 lakhs but even after 6 months BM was not able to get me a LTF infinnia . That pissed me off and I closed my account . Since then I have not tried getting a infinnia

sma

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am not sure about the fresh card, i went to hdfc branch and am eligible as per the fresh card requirement but was told that infinnia is a invite only card so can’t be applied directly , BM told me to do A FD of 11 lakhs and get secured , I denied getting a secured card he then told me to open a account and deposit good amount in that , I even tried that deposited some 12 lakhs but even after 6 months BM was not able to get me a LTF infinnia . That pissed me off and I closed my account . Since then I have not tried getting a infinnia
According to guy who took my application,with just 2.75L take home and good credit is required, when I told him I have imperia account with 30L deposits and all he told that all not required. This guy incharge of Bangalore some area.