• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
I have tried writing to them twice in last 2 week, but unable to succeed for Infinia upgrade. DCB Metal limit over 8L and spends around 6.5 Lacs for last 6 months. Also sent them bank statements and other cards statements which has more expenditure than DCB, but they are not convinced.

1723038038213.webp

Just went to the branch and talked to my RM today.
I have a DCB with 6 L limit and a Preferred account into which Salary is credited (2.6 L).
Have a home loan of 21 L and have been holding the account for 10 years now.
My spend over last 6 months is 10.5 L.

Told him that I need Infinia and he said he will upgrade my account to Imperia first and then take business approval for Infinia upgrade showing 2.6L salary, 10.5 L spend in past 6 months and the long term relationship and the loan.
He dint push for any investments like ULIP or similar. I liked the guy :)
Have to see how it goes.

Last edited:
I have a DCB with 6 L limit and a Preferred account into which Salary is credited (2.6 L).
Have a home loan of 30 L and have been holding the account for 10 years now.

Told him that I need Infinia and he said he will upgrade my account to Imperia first and then take business approval for Infinia upgrade showing 2.6L salary, 10.5 L spend in past 6 months and the long term relationship and the loan.
Have to see how it goes.
He looks to be a learned guy and probably knows that your last 6 months spends will definitely get you Infinia if you go through PNO route.

Have to see how it goes.
do let us know what happens next here

Dear all, please help.

I have a HDFC Preferred salary account for the past 2 years. Monthly salary credit is 1.3L and Gross salary is 1.6L. I do not hold any HDFC Bank credit card (for the past 6 months). I've also a 1L FD and 10L HDFC Ergo health insurance. I have an Axis Atlas card with 8.08L credit limit on which I have already spent 15L this year (10 months).

Is there any way I can wish for Infinia Metal? The RM is of no help he very categorically says he will help only if I take an endowment plan or ULIP or atleast a personal loan from him.

Dear all, please help.

I have a HDFC Preferred salary account for the past 2 years. Monthly salary credit is 1.3L and Gross salary is 1.6L. I do not hold any HDFC Bank credit card (for the past 6 months). I've also a 1L FD and 10L HDFC Ergo health insurance. I have an Axis Atlas card with 8.08L credit limit on which I have already spent 15L this year (10 months).

Is there any way I can wish for Infinia Metal? The RM is of no help he very categorically says he will help only if I take an endowment plan or ULIP or atleast a personal loan from him.
Don't think Infinia Metal is possible with this Salary credit.
I don't suggest taking ULIPs or personal loan for credit card.

Have to see how it goes.
Spend of 10.5L in last 6 months should get you Infinia. Hard criteria is 7.5L in last 6 months.

why not ? u get RP worth 12.5k on renewal . So practically you're paying GST to hold Infania

It make sense to hold this card even if u pay the renewal fees every year.
You can easily extract more value from this card which offset the GST part that u pay to hold this card
But what if some devaluation happens with HDFC bank Infinia and what if they remove reward points which they are currently issuing at the time of paying annual fee

But my existing limit is only 6L and not 8L
HDFC easily offers credit limit upto 2.5 times your in-hand salary, which comes to 6.5L in your case. But you need another 1.5L to hit the minimum criteria for Infinia.

That being said, I think this is where your long term relationship and the loan would come in handy. The fact that you have 10.5L spends in the last 6 months should also help.

My suggestion: keep the pressure on. First on your RM, and if that doesn't work out, on grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com. Don't let them tarkao-fy you regarding some or the other shortcoming.

Yeah even if I double my salary I don't think I'll be eligible... Is there any super premium card I can get?
Of course I am not going to uselessly lock up my money anywhere to get a credit card...
Axis Atlas
Amex Platinum Travel
IDFC Vistara
if you consider them Super Premium.

Try to negotiate from RM for HDFC Diners Black as of now.

Axis Atlas
Amex Platinum Travel
IDFC Vistara
if you consider them Super Premium.

Try to negotiate from RM for HDFC Diners Black as of now.
Thank you but I already have Atlas and Plat Travel. I don't use Vistara so no use of IDFC...

I had cancelled the Regalia Gold I had exactly 4.5 months ago. Would waiting until 6 months before applying again improve my chances? I don't have any pre-approved offers.

Back