• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
LONG POST ALERT! Finally, the day to write about my own journey to Infinia. I kn that this is long, but I have been wanting to write this for even longer.

TL;DR - Got upgraded from DCB LTF to Infinia FYF by spending >9 lakhs in 5 months with a CL of just 7.23L.

Start of banking relationship with HDFC - 2011 (started as a salary account; stopped being one for a few years in between; was again a salary account for the last two years)
Banking Program - Imperia
Avg balance in the last one year - 1-2L
CIBIL score - 791
HDFC cards held - Tata Neu Infinity (LTF), DCB LTF (Alumni Program)
Credit Limit - 7.23L

Came across the Infinia card on TF itself. Had my eyes set on it for the longest time. But my salary just wasn't enough.

Jul'23 - got my Regalia LTF upgraded to DCB LTF via the Alumni Program - CL had been stagnant at 7.23L for the last 1.5 years.

Till Feb'24 - Didn't use DCB much. Lost my job at the end of the month (this fact will be relevant later). However, during all this time, I made it a practice to take a picture/screenshot of any instance where DCB was not accepted (both online and offline).

Mar'24 - Decided to make an honest effort to get the >7.5L spends within 6 months and hoped that the spends would trigger a limit enhancement to >8L, killing two birds with one stone.

Jun'24 - Directing all possible spends (self, wife, family) to DCB, coupled with an upcoming Eurotrip, got me to >5L spends within 3 months. Kept up the practice of collecting DCB acceptability-issue evidence.

Jun'24 - Sent mail to grievance redressal mentioning DCB acceptability issues, credit limit stagnation, inferior benefits of DCB as compared to Infinia, expected acceptability issues of DCB in upcoming Eurotrip.
Result - DENIED!

Jul'24 - Was hoping to get a CL enhancement basis my high spends in the last 4 months. Decided to cancel my Tata Neu Infinity LTF, hoping that it wud trigger a CL enhancement. VERDICT - It hasn't....AS YET.

Aug'24 - Spends reached >9 lakhs in 5 months.

6 Aug'24 - Sent another mail to grievance redressal mentioning DCB acceptability issues, inferior benefits of DCB as compared to Infinia, expected acceptability issues of DCB in upcoming Eurotrip. Decided not to raise the issue of CL stagnation this time as I had no payslips to show! I figured that if they decided to upgrade to Infinia, they would anyway increase the CL to at least 8L so there was no reason for me to mention it.

Result - INTERESTING!

9 Aug'24 - They agreed to upgrade to Infinia in-principle but mentioned the fact that minimum CL required was 8L and mine was 7.23L. So requested my last 3 month payslips.

However, I noticed that in the same mail, they also asked me to reply back with my consent to the following usual questions:

Last four digits of card no -
Product type to be upgraded -
Confirm for pricing -
Aware of reward points conversion and product features -
Need confirmation from register mail id on scrutinizing your cibil report as a part of credit validation

This made me feel that they had already made up their mind to upgrade to Infinia and asking for the payslips was just a formality. So I replied with just my consent to the above questions and didn't send any attachments, knowing that if they insisted later, I could always say that I forgot :D

HOWEVER, the same day, in order to pre-empt any concerns regarding my financial situation since I might have to prove that I was 'worthy' of Infinia, I moved around some funds and increased the balance in my HDFC savings account to >10L (no investments were harmed in the making of this endeavour :P).

16 Aug'24 - I got a call from my RM, telling me that the credit card team was requesting a callback from me as they were expecting some documents. Damn!

The same day, I replied back, providing my payslips for the months of Jan, Feb & Mar'24 (approx. in-hand salary 1.75L), mentioning that I had quit my job a few months back, so I was sending the latest payslips that I had. I also categorically requested them to hurry up so that i could get the Infinia in time and use it on my upcoming Eurotrip, saying that I expected spends of approx. 5L on Infinia during the trip.

16 Aug'24 - Got mail saying that my Infinia FYF had been approved. SUCCESS!

However, weird thing. They never increased my CL. So I got Infinia at a CL of 7.23L only. Never seen that happen!

Thanks a lot to TF for this entire journey. I have gained a tremendous amount of information from this forum and I would love to help out anyone in any way I can. Feel free to reach out in case you need any more info.

P.S. - I, of course, have no idea as to which thing/things worked in my favour - my >10L account balance created just a few days before, my payslips from a few months back, cancelling my Tata Neu Infinity LTF (this still hurts!) or just the fact that I had managed to spend >9 lakhs in 5 months itself. I am just glad that something did!
Wow, Congratulations! That was some persevering and very calculated effort! Well done!

Your journey is also different from all that we have usually seen narrated on TF/Reddit/Twitter. Usually it is very unlikely that they give the card to people with no active salary slips/ITR. However, it looks like that they were convinced that you are able to afford Infinia going by your ability to spend on DCB when you were already out of a job, and your repeated highlighting of the Europe trip and your potential inability to use Diners in Europe.. The 10L seems to have definitely helped to show your spending ability but I doubt that it by itself played a major role because the bank knows that you will move it out as soon as the card is approved.

I think what worked in your favour (In that order are):
  • The spends on your DCB
  • Closure of the Tata Neu card. I don't seem to see any other difference between your first decline and approval.
  • Showing your ability to raise 10L in short notice (liquidity)
  • Highlighting shortcomings of DCB and Europe Trip.
I don't know why HDFC thinks it is important to not hold a co-branded card to be eligible for their premium cards

And it is also significant that there was no direct involvement by the RM here.

All this shows that the main major thing HDFC considers is SPENDING. If you are a big spender and you have the ability to pay off those spends, you are golden. Rest is all immaterial and details.

Enjoy your trip!

P.S.: How did you find the acceptance of Diners? Which type of city and places have you see a lot of acceptance/decline?

Wow, Congratulations! That was some persevering and very calculated effort! Well done!

Your journey is also different from all that we have usually seen narrated on TF/Reddit/Twitter. Usually it is very unlikely that they give the card to people with no active salary slips/ITR. However, it looks like that they were convinced that you are able to afford Infinia going by your ability to spend on DCB when you were already out of a job, and your repeated highlighting of the Europe trip and your potential inability to use Diners in Europe.. The 10L seems to have definitely helped to show your spending ability but I doubt that it by itself played a major role because the bank knows that you will move it out as soon as the card is approved.

I think what worked in your favour (In that order are):
  • The spends on your DCB
  • Closure of the Tata Neu card. I don't seem to see any other difference between your first decline and approval.
  • Showing your ability to raise 10L in short notice (liquidity)
  • Highlighting shortcomings of DCB and Europe Trip.
I don't know why HDFC thinks it is important to not hold a co-branded card to be eligible for their premium cards

And it is also significant that there was no direct involvement by the RM here.

All this shows that the main major thing HDFC considers is SPENDING. If you are a big spender and you have the ability to pay off those spends, you are golden. Rest is all immaterial and details.

Enjoy your trip!

P.S.: How did you find the acceptance of Diners? Which type of city and places have you see a lot of acceptance/decline?
Couldn't agree more, though I am not sure what effect the closure of Tata Neu would have had on the application. I think that the major difference between the first decline and subsequent approval was in fact the increased spending (from 5L in 3 months to 9L in 5 months).

Regarding Diners acceptability, IMO, the majority of offline stores accept it in the NCR region, where I live, including every liquor outlet in Gurgaon :D, other than a few small ones here and there. In the online world, I was surprised to see that websites such as Hostelworld, VFS and IRCTC do not accept Diners. Other than that, it works pretty much everywhere, including AirBnB and Booking.com (places where I made substantial bookings).

The major concern for me was international POS acceptability coz I have seen multiple reviews of people mentioning that Diners was a bust in Europe.

I am currently holding HDFC REGALIA LTF along with HDFC TATANEU INFINITY with 12.18L CL. I have spends of 14L+ with my Tata Neu Infinity card in the past 6 months but not used Regalia much.

My HDFC bank account type is IMPERIA.

Have received multiple emails to upgrade REGALIA to REGALIA GOLD FYF.

Would like to know if I can upgrade REGALIA directly to DCB or INFINIA. Appreciate your help.

Just went to the branch and talked to my RM today.
I have a DCB with 6 L limit and a Preferred account into which Salary is credited (2.6 L).
Have a home loan of 30 L and have been holding the account for 10 years now.
My spend over last 6 months is 10.5 L.

Told him that I need Infinia and he said he will upgrade my account to Imperia first and then take business approval for Infinia upgrade showing 2.6L salary, 10.5 L spend in past 6 months and the long term relationship and the loan.
He dint push for any investments like ULIP or similar. I liked the guy :)
Have to see how it goes.
Update:

Step 1 successfully done. Account upgraded to Imperia with 2.6L salary credit by taking approval (actual requirement is 3L salary credit).

I am currently holding HDFC REGALIA LTF along with HDFC TATANEU INFINITY with 12.18L CL. I have spends of 14L+ with my Tata Neu Infinity card in the past 6 months but not used Regalia much.

Would like to know if I can upgrade REGALIA directly to DCB or INFINIA. Appreciate your help.
bhai tata infinity pe itna kharcha kaha kar liye ? I am in same situation as you are. You can ask your BM // RM to make this regalia card LTF so that atleast lounge access non spend based ho jayenge just like tata infinity. Itne spends hain apke it is the least you can ask to the bank.
Also you are fulfilling all the criteria to ask for Infinia atleast FYF. Credit Limit ✅Spends✅. Take inspiration from all our TF members who have succeded in acquiring Infinia.

Speak with RM. Pitch for Infina LTF. If that is not working out currently HDFC is giving Regalia gold LTF left right and center. Ask your RM to trigger offer for that. If they refuse, or deny such offer, give negative feedback about RM & change the RM.. 😆

I got my card upgrade approved from Neu Infinity to Infinia via grievance email, but they've written a small note which is worrying for me and a downer.

"We observed, you are holding Diners Biz Black card ending number - XXXX. Please note, customer can not hold additional cards while holding Infinia credit card."

This is obviously a false statement. Any suggestions how I should handle this situation? Infinia won't be worth it if I have to give up Biz Black for it.

You can get Infinia. Write to CC and escalate if denied. What I have learnt from 3-4 recent cases is that 7.5-8L spends in last 6 months is enough to get you Infinia.

I got my card upgrade approved from Neu Infinity to Infinia via grievance email, but they've written a small note which is worrying for me and a downer.

"We observed, you are holding Diners Biz Black card ending number - XXXX. Please note, customer can not hold additional cards while holding Infinia credit card."

This is obviously a false statement. Any suggestions how I should handle this situation? Infinia won't be worth it if I have to give up Biz Black for it.
Ask them to keep both the cards with split limits. I assume that bizblack is not LTF. So let them know that my card is paid one and I am willing to keep both the cards with split limits

Once you get infinia you can again get biz black as floater on it

One question to everyone.
My Regalia Gold got converted to DCB metal on 28th of April. My first statement was in 2nd May. By Oct 2nd I will complete 6 statements.

Should we request for infinia upgrade after 6 statements (aftrr oct 2) or after 6 full months from card delivery (after nov)

One question to everyone.
My Regalia Gold got converted to DCB metal on 28th of April. My first statement was in 2nd May. By Oct 2nd I will complete 6 statements.

Should we request for infinia upgrade after 6 statements (aftrr oct 2) or after 6 full months from card delivery (after nov)
If your last 6 months spends are more than 7.5L then you can ask immediately

Bhai 6 month vala rule nahi hai kya before next upgradation.?
What I can assess from some recent upgrade stories is that the rules vary from person to person. Only spends criteria is the hard one.
There's no hard in giving a try. Worst case they will say that upgrade is possible after 6 months. But we can always escalate and ask them to consider the case as exception.

I am using Millenia CC since 2.5 years
Limit 2.2 Lacs
What upgrade should i ask for ? (Main target is to get Infinia)
(Montly spend using Millenia CC is 1 Lac+)
Asking for DCB Metal, via Email channel, waiting for their reply.
1724223587717.png
Received a sad reply as they are ready to give LE of 9k only and no Upgrade.
Sad Akshay Kumar GIF by Bombay Softwares
what should i do ? @SSV

Back