• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
View attachment 65728
Received a sad reply as they are ready to give LE of 9k only and no Upgrade.
Sad Akshay Kumar GIF by Bombay Softwares
what should i do ? @SSV
What's your ballpark salary/ITR?

LONG POST ALERT! Finally, the day to write about my own journey to Infinia. I kn that this is long, but I have been wanting to write this for even longer.

TL;DR - Got upgraded from DCB LTF to Infinia FYF by spending >9 lakhs in 5 months with a CL of just 7.23L.

Start of banking relationship with HDFC - 2011 (started as a salary account; stopped being one for a few years in between; was again a salary account for the last two years)
Banking Program - Imperia
Avg balance in the last one year - 1-2L
CIBIL score - 791
HDFC cards held - Tata Neu Infinity (LTF), DCB LTF (Alumni Program)
Credit Limit - 7.23L

Came across the Infinia card on TF itself. Had my eyes set on it for the longest time. But my salary just wasn't enough.

Jul'23 - got my Regalia LTF upgraded to DCB LTF via the Alumni Program - CL had been stagnant at 7.23L for the last 1.5 years.

Till Feb'24 - Didn't use DCB much. Lost my job at the end of the month (this fact will be relevant later). However, during all this time, I made it a practice to take a picture/screenshot of any instance where DCB was not accepted (both online and offline).

Mar'24 - Decided to make an honest effort to get the >7.5L spends within 6 months and hoped that the spends would trigger a limit enhancement to >8L, killing two birds with one stone.

Jun'24 - Directing all possible spends (self, wife, family) to DCB, coupled with an upcoming Eurotrip, got me to >5L spends within 3 months. Kept up the practice of collecting DCB acceptability-issue evidence.

Jun'24 - Sent mail to grievance redressal mentioning DCB acceptability issues, credit limit stagnation, inferior benefits of DCB as compared to Infinia, expected acceptability issues of DCB in upcoming Eurotrip.
Result - DENIED!

Jul'24 - Was hoping to get a CL enhancement basis my high spends in the last 4 months. Decided to cancel my Tata Neu Infinity LTF, hoping that it wud trigger a CL enhancement. VERDICT - It hasn't....AS YET.

Aug'24 - Spends reached >9 lakhs in 5 months.

6 Aug'24 - Sent another mail to grievance redressal mentioning DCB acceptability issues, inferior benefits of DCB as compared to Infinia, expected acceptability issues of DCB in upcoming Eurotrip. Decided not to raise the issue of CL stagnation this time as I had no payslips to show! I figured that if they decided to upgrade to Infinia, they would anyway increase the CL to at least 8L so there was no reason for me to mention it.

Result - INTERESTING!

9 Aug'24 - They agreed to upgrade to Infinia in-principle but mentioned the fact that minimum CL required was 8L and mine was 7.23L. So requested my last 3 month payslips.

However, I noticed that in the same mail, they also asked me to reply back with my consent to the following usual questions:

Last four digits of card no -
Product type to be upgraded -
Confirm for pricing -
Aware of reward points conversion and product features -
Need confirmation from register mail id on scrutinizing your cibil report as a part of credit validation

This made me feel that they had already made up their mind to upgrade to Infinia and asking for the payslips was just a formality. So I replied with just my consent to the above questions and didn't send any attachments, knowing that if they insisted later, I could always say that I forgot :D

HOWEVER, the same day, in order to pre-empt any concerns regarding my financial situation since I might have to prove that I was 'worthy' of Infinia, I moved around some funds and increased the balance in my HDFC savings account to >10L (no investments were harmed in the making of this endeavour :P).

16 Aug'24 - I got a call from my RM, telling me that the credit card team was requesting a callback from me as they were expecting some documents. Damn!

The same day, I replied back, providing my payslips for the months of Jan, Feb & Mar'24 (approx. in-hand salary 1.75L), mentioning that I had quit my job a few months back, so I was sending the latest payslips that I had. I also categorically requested them to hurry up so that i could get the Infinia in time and use it on my upcoming Eurotrip, saying that I expected spends of approx. 5L on Infinia during the trip.

16 Aug'24 - Got mail saying that my Infinia FYF had been approved. SUCCESS!

However, weird thing. They never increased my CL. So I got Infinia at a CL of 7.23L only. Never seen that happen!

Thanks a lot to TF for this entire journey. I have gained a tremendous amount of information from this forum and I would love to help out anyone in any way I can. Feel free to reach out in case you need any more info.

P.S. - I, of course, have no idea as to which thing/things worked in my favour - my >10L account balance created just a few days before, my payslips from a few months back, cancelling my Tata Neu Infinity LTF (this still hurts!) or just the fact that I had managed to spend >9 lakhs in 5 months itself. I am just glad that something did!
DMed you something. Pls check once

I guess your salary to expense ratio might be raising their system red flags. While your good credit history should negate it, since you don’t have anyone advocating for you it is unlikely that it will change. If your salary account is with HDFC then BM/RM route might be the only option.
Hmmm. I have around 1.3L in hand salary (tier-2 city) but have spent 15L on my Axis Atlas card this year (including spends of wife). If I were to apply highlighting this (to show that I am able to spend) would this trigger a salary to expense ratio red flag if I were to apply for Infinia? I have a Preferred salary account in HDFC for the past 2 years but currently no HDFC Bank credit card.

Last edited:
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

View attachment 3378

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃
hi i hold a hdfc dcb card currently & had applied for an upgrade to infinia since i had an ITR of 50L and last 6 months spend of 7.7Lacs but it has been declined. the bank also declined my request to enhance my current limit which is 5.25 L on DCB.what are my options...thanks

Hmmm. I have around 1.3L in hand salary (tier-2 city) but have spent 15L on my Axis Atlas card this year (including spends of wife). If I were to apply highlighting this (to show that I am able to spend) would this trigger a salary to expense ratio red flag if I were to apply for Infinia? I have a Preferred salary account in HDFC for the past 2 years but currently no HDFC Bank credit card.
I think HDFC does not consider C2C for Infinia (I could be wrong). But you should definitely push your BM/ RM considering you have salary account with them.

I think HDFC does not consider C2C for Infinia (I could be wrong). But you should definitely push your BM/ RM considering you have salary account with them.
Thanks man but RM/BM are completely useless. Both are the same person and he won't budge without buying ULIP from him. In fact, he puts on this irritated face when he sees me (or anyone who does not give him business). I have asked HDFC Bank to change him as my RM.

Hey My salary is also in the same range. do you think I could get DCB black metal FYF. I have no relation ship with HDFC I am willing to open an account with them

Just concerned that on paper the eligibility says 1.75L
This is very strict nowadays.. I was at 1.73, had my salary acc, termplan, mutual fund with hdfc and even then I didn't get dcb metal.. I got only dcb plastic. You can try but chances are quite slim I would say. I even threatened them to close my account /shift salary to other bank still they didn't budge. Either help then fulfil their targets for ulips etc or they won't bother

This is very strict nowadays.. I was at 1.73, had my salary acc, termplan, mutual fund with hdfc and even then I didn't get dcb metal.. I got only dcb plastic. You can try but chances are quite slim I would say. I even threatened them to close my account /shift salary to other bank still they didn't budge. Either help then fulfil their targets for ulips etc or they won't bother
a good RM (a rare breed) can easily take approval and deviation for such a small difference..

Does infinia has milestone benefits just like dcb metal?
I use 4 lakhs every quarter mostly in offline stores.. so for me i guess dcb metal is better right as it has 10k milestone benefit every quarter

Back