• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

Last edited:
Yeah actually getting an upgrade to Infinia is actually easy if you look at it. The problem is actually getting a useful first card from HDFC. Even if you have 24L CTC they will only give the useless Regalia Gold or DCP.
Matlab pehle useless card leke entry fees bharo about Rs 7.5 lacs, jispe adequate reward point bhi nahi aayenge, fir upar se nakhre bhi sehne padenge hdfc ke ki nahi denge INFINIA, it is invite only Card. Vaah. :LOL: :LOL:

Applied for Infinia offline through RM on 13th. Received msg on 28th approved in principle, waiting for internal checks.29th did physical verification at office. Now waiting for status 😅How much time does it take for card to get approved or rejected?

I am curious to know if already having core and co branded HDFC cards and I go through apply digital journey, it shows me other eligible cards upto DCB Metal. What happens if apply? Will they issue me this though I already have Regalia Gold, which they deny to upgrade. I could have tried only hitch is it shows Annual fees. If I do does this mean joining fees will also be charged when normally they issue upgrade with FYF.

I am curious to know if already having core and co branded HDFC cards and I go through apply digital journey, it shows me other eligible cards upto DCB Metal. What happens if apply? Will they issue me this though I already have Regalia Gold, which they deny to upgrade. I could have tried only hitch is it shows Annual fees. If I do does this mean joining fees will also be charged when normally they issue upgrade with FYF.
Application will get rejected alter stating they cannot process another core card

It should be approved in 3-4 days and you should get instant digital card details soon..
Is it common to get 2 application no for same card. In sms i received different and when i call customer care the automated call gives me different number. Sms one gives status on tracking website not found. The customer care one gives status inprocess

I am currently holding HDFC REGALIA LTF along with HDFC TATANEU INFINITY with 12.18L CL. I have spends of 14L+ with my Tata Neu Infinity card in the past 6 months but not used Regalia much.

My HDFC bank account type is IMPERIA.

Have received multiple emails to upgrade REGALIA to REGALIA GOLD FYF.

Would like to know if I can upgrade REGALIA directly to DCB or INFINIA. Appreciate your help.
Upgrade from Regalia LTF to Infinia Metal FYF approved today. Card will be dispatched within 2 to 3 working days.

Thanks everyone for all your valuable inputs.

Update:

Step 1 successfully done. Account upgraded to Imperia with 2.6L salary credit by taking approval (actual requirement is 3L salary credit).
Update: Long post alert.

Step 2 successfully done: DCB to Infinia upgrade done and dusted :):)

There was a change in the way it was done. Initially RM was supposed to take approval based on my 2.6 L salary credit, loan relation with HDFC (21L), last 8 months spend ~ 10.5 L, long 10 year relation with HDFC, Salary account with HDFC etc. + was upgraded to Imperia account few weeks back (Thanks to RM).

But I tried my luck by sending a mail to escalation cc with my use cases and eligibility to get Infinia and they replied to send supporting docs and a letter to their Chennai address.
I send the same letter along with my pay slips, loan account screenshots and last 6 months spend.

My DCB had only 6 L limit, but my spends were high.
On 2nd Sep I send the speed post and now am seeing the Infinia Metal card details in my CC section with 8 L limit. I hold a Tata Neu Infinity and I don't think its an issue. Not sure though.

I am pasting the letter that I send to them below this screenshot. Hope it helps at least few who are kind of on the same boat.

1725977774245.webp

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my DCB to Infinia along with limit upgrade. Or If I can choose only one, I would like to opt for Infinia.

Below are my use cases/requirements/eligibility for limit and Infinia upgrade.

1) The total spend in my current card anniversary year is ~23 L (as per customer care, when I last checked) and in the past 8 months it's ~10.7 L. So, I have been a high spender and have paid my dues on time in the entire history of CC usage without any defaults.

2) I am an Imperia account holder with my salary credited to HDFC account.

3) I have been a long-term customer with HDFC and holding an account for nearly 9 years and have been using your credit cards for a few years now with high spends.

4) I am having an upcoming purchase of nearly 10 L and would need my limit to be enhanced to pay this expense.

5) An issue with DCB is its acceptability - I had a foreign trip to Azerbaijan in March 2024 and I even enrolled for the Global value program. I had enabled international transactions and yet the DCB card was not accepted in any of the places including Marriott properties or luxury malls in Azerbaijan.
I tried my luck in Qatar during transit and it was rejected there as well.
I have upcoming trips in Dec and Apr to Thailand and Japan and I plan to use my entire spends on HDFC CC for this purpose.
Infinia will be my best bet for this requirement.

6) I am holding a home loan with HDFC of 21 L and have not defaulted on it till date. I have shifted this from AXIS bank to HDFC considering my long term relation with HDFC.

7) I am drawing an In-hand Salary close to 2.6 L now and the total salary is 3.2 L with taxes.
I have switched to a new firm from Aug and still I am using HDFC as the salary account even though AXIS is the preferred bank for my new employer. HDFC has been by salary account for 9 years now.

Based on my spending over the past 6-8 months and the long-term relationship I am holding with HDFC and considering all the above factors I have mentioned for my upcoming spends, I request to upgrade my card to Infinia with an increased limit of 10 L or above.

Last edited:
Back