• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB How to get HDFC Diners Club Credit Card Life Time Free

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14

Last edited:

nikhil.b

TF Buzz
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know from anyone, if I would be eligible for DCB LTF, given my institute is in the list and I dont meet the salary criteria, hold DCP>1 yrs, Limit of 4.7 lakhs?

Thanks

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14
Just for the information. As mentioned by you that if anyone holds hdfccard it will not get upgraded to LTF, I had HDFC DCB paid card and it got upgraded to DCB LTF using the alumni offer.

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know from anyone, if I would be eligible for DCB LTF, given my institute is in the list and I dont meet the salary criteria, hold DCP>1 yrs, Limit of 4.7 lakhs?

Thanks
You can give it a try by sending mail to priority redressal. if they reject then send mail to increase you limit and follow the same process.

deepcards

TF Premier
I hold an Infinia (upgraded from Regalia a couple of months ago), and also a Shoppers Stop HDFC Credit Card. Given my travel expenses, I find Infinia's 15k capping a restriction. Will they give me DCB for free? I am from one of the institutes listed in the sheet. Anyone holds an Infinia and DCB?

rajat30

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I hold an Infinia (upgraded from Regalia a couple of months ago), and also a Shoppers Stop HDFC Credit Card. Given my travel expenses, I find Infinia's 15k capping a restriction. Will they give me DCB for free? I am from one of the institutes listed in the sheet. Anyone holds an Infinia and DCB?
the 15k cap is only on smartbuy, so unless all your expenses are via smartbuy - the cap doesn't impact your infinia usage.

deepcards

TF Premier
Any idea what's the cooling off period for HDFC? I hold infinia and shoppers stop card, infinia got upgraded from regalia a couple of months ago and now i want to try to upgrade shoppers stop card to DCB lifetime under Alumni scheme.

I read somewhere it's 6 months? and some places that it's 3 months.

Any idea what's the cooling off period for HDFC? I hold infinia and shoppers stop card, infinia got upgraded from regalia a couple of months ago and now i want to try to upgrade shoppers stop card to DCB lifetime under Alumni scheme.

You can't get two core cards from HDFC, extremely rare.

It's actually 6 months.

Also, somebody got their Tata Neu Infinity upgraded to DCB LTF via the alumni offer after having upgraded their DCB to Infinia first. So I am assuming it's also possible to upgrade from Shoppers Stop to DCB. Just make sure not to tell them about Infinia when you are asking for DCB upgrade.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally after a process of 45-50 days my family member got her LTF DCB based on Alumni offer. It took 45 days as the HDFC branch near my home had a temporary Credit Card agent who used to visit different branches and it was very difficult to get hold of him..

Finally he took the documents (Duly filled credit card form, Special Pricing form, Degree copy, 3 salary slip, employee card, bank statement... no Adhaar and PAN as family member did had existing HDFC bank account) on 16 July which his superior kept it with himself due to some issue regarding pen ink getting smudged...

Then around August beginning we sent the mail to priority redress-al asking for the status and then came back that they have not received the docs.. then we gave the details of Agent and his contact detail and then within 2 days they got the docs.. and after 5-6 days we receive message of in principle approval.. and message to do Adhaar biometric KYC which was done by some third party..

And we got another message that some information is pending at out end.. we checked with local agent he said address proof and a self declaration form needs be sent.. I gave it to nearest branch which was picked up by agent after a week.. and then after 2 days we received the instant virtual card on email.. containing welcome benefit details and the pdf which had the credit card number without middle 6 digits.. and the pdf contained a link by which we can get the complete card details like number, cvv, expiry by doing the OTP authentication...

binno

TF Premier
RML Group
i am getting upgrade from moneyback ltf to dcb fyf
i am a student and my spend is not that high
i dont even get get that much benefits from moneyback
i hold hdfc privilege saving acc
i can waive annual fee but not that easily but i dont want headache
i have some questions:
1. should i take it , use and then ask for ltf
2. or ask for ltf first ?
3. i have 1.5 limit .. will taking the card and using it can significantly increase the limit ?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
i am getting upgrade from moneyback ltf to dcb fyf
i am a student and my spend is not that high
i dont even get get that much benefits from moneyback
i hold hdfc privilege saving acc
i can waive annual fee but not that easily but i dont want headache
i have some questions:
1. should i take it , use and then ask for ltf
2. or ask for ltf first ?
3. i have 1.5 limit .. will taking the card and using it can significantly increase the limit ?
Wow! Directly Moneyback to DCB with only 1.50 lacs limit. Surprising..Just grab it