• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB How to get HDFC Diners Club Credit Card Life Time Free

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14

Last edited:

flash2399

TF Buzz
I also had the same case, but I got DCB LTF as my first HDFC credit card under Alumni offer. Yes HDFC changes the card before approval, but I don't think it applies to Alumni program. If eligibility criteria is met, then they are giving card as mentioned.
I applied via Alumni offer for DCB without any existing relationship with HDFC. The process took a while and one fine day I got a mail saying that they're ready to give me Moneyback+ or Millenia LTF. I immediately mailed Priority Redressal asking why my application for DCB could not be approved even though I met all the conditions required and within 4 days, my DCB LTF (4.6L limit) was approved. So it is possible for them to back out on the Alumni offer too.

Enthusiast

TF Premier
Today I received a mail confirming the upgrade request of Millenia to DCB LTF and the card is also visible in HDFC app..

But I need Millenia, I'm having a 5 yrs relationship with it....

Once physical card receives, I will be holding DCB LTF and Tata Neu Infinity LTF...

Can I apply for Millenia again? Will it be given LTF?

BCh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Today I received a mail confirming the upgrade request of Millenia to DCB LTF and the card is also visible in HDFC app..

Once physical card receives, I will be holding DCB LTF and Tata Neu Infinity LTF...

Can you please give some more details regarding the offer....how much NRV do you maintain? Thanks.

gowthamv

TF Premier
I already hold a FYF Tata Neu Plus CC.
Mailed HDFC to ask for the issuance of new DCB under Alumni program.
They asked my Salary Slips and College Degree Certificate and I sent them.

Now they have replied that they can upgrade my Tata Neu Plus to Diners Club Privilege LTF. (DCB not eligible)

But I need the Tata Neu Plus for UPI Transactions. (Or should I opt for the upgrade?)

Will they issue a new DCP or upgrade is the only option?

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge

A few years ago, I wrote to HDFC saying that my DCB had poor offline acceptance (and on tap-to-pay machines). They offered to split my credit limit across the DCB and a Visa card (Regalia). So: check your credit limit after the upgrade to DCB - if you have a CL of 7L, they should be willing to offer you: a 5L DCB + a 2L Visa card. I did not take the split so I am unclear on the LTF part for the Visa card (probably varies customer to customer).

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
A few years ago, I wrote to HDFC saying that my DCB had poor offline acceptance (and on tap-to-pay machines). They offered to split my credit limit across the DCB and a Visa card (Regalia). So: check your credit limit after the upgrade to DCB - if you have a CL of 7L, they should be willing to offer you: a 5L DCB + a 2L Visa card. I did not take the split so I am unclear on the LTF part for the Visa card (probably varies customer to customer).
The only disadvantage of splitting the limit is you won't get infinia soon

Enthusiast

TF Premier
It's exactly 5 lakhs for both DCB and Tata neu infinity now..

DCB still has poor offline acceptance?

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It's exactly 5 lakhs for both DCB and Tata neu infinity now..

DCB still has poor offline acceptance?

You will suddenly run into a shop/establishment that does not take Diners, meaning you cannot rely on it as your sole card (run a search on these forums for such examples). You could also end up with a significant spend at a new place and then find out that the place doesn't accept your DCB. Tap-to-pay almost never worked for me (multiple threads about this on these forums already).

Enthusiast

TF Premier
You will suddenly run into a shop/establishment that does not take Diners, meaning you cannot rely on it as your sole card (run a search on these forums for such examples). You could also end up with a significant spend at a new place and then find out that the place doesn't accept your DCB. Tap-to-pay almost never worked for me (multiple threads about this on these forums already).
I don't travel in flights, very very rare...
I am now thinking why i upgraded from Millenia to DCB :rolleyes:
I lost a gold in search of diamond... :sneaky:

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge

No no, that's not the impression I wanted to convey. The DCB is a good card with multiple benefits and an excellent reward rate. Given that you have it LTF, congratulations! I wanted to tell you two things: (1) be aware of its limitations - this is so when your CL grows, you could consider giving it up - even if LTF - for a paid Infinia and (2) ensure you carry a backup Visa card. Nothing for you to be sad about because the DCB is superior to both the Regalia and Millenia. Even without flights, there are many ways to extract value from the card.

Enthusiast

TF Premier
No no, that's not the impression I wanted to convey. The DCB is a good card with multiple benefits and an excellent reward rate. Given that you have it LTF, congratulations! I wanted to tell you two things: (1) be aware of its limitations - this is so when your CL grows, you could consider giving it up - even if LTF - for a paid Infinia and (2) ensure you carry a backup Visa card. Nothing for you to be sad about because the DCB is superior to both the Regalia and Millenia. Even without flights, there are many ways to extract value from the card.
I checked with my RM, She is saying Millenia is impossible as i recently upgraded to. So, I requested her to check any other alternative VISA card.... Which one i should go for? or i have to wait for some time to get Millenia back

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I checked with my RM, She is saying Millenia is impossible as i recently upgraded to. So, I requested her to check any other alternative VISA card.... Which one i should go for? or i have to wait for some time to get Millenia back

You have to wait for your credit limit to increase. I believe this will take time - 6 months or so. Try again after this happens.

Random123

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thank you ! They kept saying account is ineligible but never said anything about institute eligibility.
Have sent mail to PNO yesterday requesting for the same or at least provide specific reason if possible. Hope they accept it.
Also one query - any reference to the original list ? Thanks
Have got reply from PNO too that account is not eligible for upgrade even though the institute criteria is met but they gave a CL increase.
Not sure what is the reason though. Will only try after few months. Thanks everyone who helped provide their inputs

Enthusiast

TF Premier
Now how to utilise DCB reward points for max..?

Earlier in Millenia case, I used it for cashback (1 RP = 1 Rs), now in DCB case it is just 0.3 Rs.

So, other than flights and hotels booking, what is the best way to use and how...

sriteja

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now how to utilise DCB reward points for max..?

Earlier in Millenia case, I used it for cashback (1 RP = 1 Rs), now in DCB case it is just 0.3 Rs.

So, other than flights and hotels booking, what is the best way to use and how...
Other than flights/hotels, you can redeem for vouchers at 0.5 Rs. That makes it 1.7% reward rate.