• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB How to get HDFC Diners Club Credit Card Life Time Free

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

HDFC Bank runs a special Diners Institute Program for the people who have either completed their education from the list of institutes mentioned below link or are part of the Club mentioned in the below link:

List of Eligible Institute & Club Link: Link

Under this program, you are eligible for a Diners Club Credit Card on Life Time Free basis. The card variant depends upon your Salary and Card Limit. (As updated by the Bank person the eligibility has been relaxed a little on 21-Dec-2022)

1. For the Diners Club Black variant you need to have a Monthly salary of more than 1.45L

2. If you do not meet the above criteria and still your Institute is part of the above list you will be given the Diners Club Privilege variant

3. If you are a final year student studying in any of the above-mentioned colleges, the Card against your institute name will be provided to you as Life Time Free

The process to Apply:

Long Process:

1. mail to priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com along with the name of the Institute or Club

2. They will revert back and ask you to apply on the following link: https://v.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/common/dinersblackinstitute/index.html after which in a couple of days someone from HDFC Bank will reach out to you

3. You need to submit your Degree Certificat / Club Membership Proof, Last three-month Salary Slip, and Bank account statement in which your Salary was credited

Short Proces:

With the consent of the person from HDFC bank who reached out to me, I am sharing their number so you can directly get in touch with them and they will help you with the application.

Yadurya P B: +91 90660 89550
yadurya.pb@hdfcbank.com

I would like to thank all contributing members of this post (https://tfcommunity.app.link/ret6xj21Vvb) through which I get to know about this special program.

Please feel free to Drop your queries :)

Edit:

8-Jan-2023: If you are already having a HDFC card mentioned in above list, it will be not converted to lifetime free.

19-Jan-2023: The list of eligible institutes and Cards have been updated on 19-Jan-2023 which were in effect from 21-Dec-2022 and eligibility criteria has been modified.

K~14

Last edited:

suhailmz

TF Premier
@desaik231 I just found my institute in the list & I’m excited to try for this card. Now I fulfil the institute criteria, have monthly income of 1.8 lakh, currently living in bangalore. Hence, I’m confident of getting the DCB/DCP. My current card with HDFC is Regalia with just 3.45 lakh limit. Hoping that’s not a problem.
Thanks in advance for sharing this post :)

suhailmz

TF Premier
Not a problem just share degree and salary slips they will enhance limit to 5L and upgrade you to DCB LTF, welcome to the club :)
Awesome, can’t wait :) just a question, will they upgrade my Regalia or issue this as an additional card. I would prefer an upgrade. Is it possible?

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It'll be upgrade, HDFC doesn't give two core cards to a single person unless you have very good relations with the bank.

Also there really is no point in holdin both Regalia and DCB even if that were the case since it'll lessen your reward rate if you spilt the spends.

You will get a card with your institute name on it 👍

suhailmz

TF Premier
It'll be upgrade, HDFC doesn't give two core cards to a single person unless you have very good relations with the bank.

Also there really is no point in holdin both Regalia and DCB even if that were the case since it'll lessen your reward rate if you spilt the spends.

You will get a card with your institute name on it 👍
Perfect. One last question. Do I require to preclose the existing EMI on my Regalia card?

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They can transfer everything from old card to new one (Reward points/outstanding/EMIs etc) however if the amount is not big I would suggest just pre close it so they have no excuse to delay/stall.

I have seen some friction when converting existing users to LTF through alum program so you might have to do some convincing.

suhailmz

TF Premier
They can transfer everything from old card to new one (Reward points/outstanding/EMIs etc) however if the amount is not big I would suggest just pre close it so they have no excuse to delay/stall.

I have seen some friction when converting existing users to LTF through alum program so you might have to do some convincing.
Alright, thanks mate.

suhailmz

TF Premier

I just spoke to the lady & my bad, my college has been removed from the list :( She did tell me that based on my current company & income, I am eligible to get Regalia LTF, which I’m already holding. When I probed further, she said that she can try for DCB, but it won’t be LTF, not even first year free. I requested her to do something & she said she will check and call me in an hour.
Shall I go for DCB, if it’s not LTF? @desaik231

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If your spends are 5L annually... Yes
If you can extract enough value from it to break even the fees through smart buy and other spends... Yes
If you don't mind paying fees... Yes

Else no

suhailmz

TF Premier
If your spends are 5L annually... Yes
If you can extract enough value from it to break even the fees through smart buy and other spends... Yes
If you don't mind paying fees... Yes

Else no
Yes, including the rent payments, my annual spending would be somewhere close to 5 lakh year. I’m just thinking if I should push for LTF or accept the paid one. Let me see when she calls.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No RPs for rent on HDFC cards going forward... Hope you're aware. If you can hit spend based wavier than I see no reason why you should not take the card

suhailmz

TF Premier
@Tosh Out of curiosity, I tried applying for HDFC card online using my net banking credentials, followed by my company details, income, etc. I can see DCB & DCP listed under recommend cards. However, for DCB, joining fees is 10k and annual fees too is 10k (I thought it’s 5k) , for DCP it’s 2.5k joining & 2.5k annual.
What do you suggest?
@desaik231 @CardWale_Baba @TechnoFino

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@Tosh Out of curiosity, I tried applying for HDFC card online using my net banking credentials, followed by my company details, income, etc. I can see DCB & DCP listed under recommend cards. However, for DCB, joining fees is 10k and annual fees too is 10k (I thought it’s 5k) , for DCP it’s 2.5k joining & 2.5k annual.
What do you suggest?
@desaik231 @CardWale_Baba @TechnoFino
It is 10k they changed it few years back
If you have enough spends to hit wavier then go ahead else stay away. No need to burn a hole in your pocket just to have a piece of plastic in your hand

suhailmz

TF Premier
It is 10k they changed it few years back
If you have enough spends to hit wavier then go ahead else stay away. No need to burn a hole in your pocket just to have a piece of plastic in your hand
Well said, I might go for DCP, with the hope of getting my CL enhanced. Regalia will close this way.