• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get Normal ICICI Bank Credit Card From Amazon Pay Card Without Any CIBIL Enquiry & Application

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Do you hold an ICICI Bank Amazon Pay Credit Card? And want to have a regular ICICI Bank Credit card?

Actually, the Amazon Pay card doesn't work on all ICICI Bank sales & offer campaigns. We get less discount on Amazon than on regular ICICI Bank credit cards on ICICI sales campaigns.
So having a regular ICICI Bank credit card is essential.
But what to do if you don't want to apply for another ICICI credit card or don't want another hard enquiry on your CIBIL or ICICI Bank is not approving your credit card application.
Solutions-
Open iMobile App & Select Amazon Pay Credit Card From Credit Card Menu
Click On Manage Card -> Under "More Options" Click On "Get Expressions Card"

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-19 at 1.12.43 PM.jpeg

Accept T&C Upload Your Pic Or Select Card Design From Galaxy And Submit Your Request.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-19 at 1.12.42 PM.jpeg

You can apply for ICICI Expressions Credit Card and it will be issued within 21 days.
Now, you can continue using Expressions card, or you may call ICICI Bank customer care and request them to upgrade from Expressions credit card to any regular ICICI Bank Credit card (ICICI Platinum/ICICI Coral/ICICI Rubyx/ICICI Sapphiro or even ICICI Emeralde if you meet the minimum limit requirement).

ICICI Bank's customer care agent may not accept your request to convert Expressions card to Platinum card, but it's possible, you have to call again and again to try your luck.
If you cancel your Expressions card within 15 days from card issuance, you'll not be charged any joining fees.
Note - If you already have regular ICICI Bank credit cards, this process will not work for you.

There is no card upgrade concept in ICICI over call, all are separate cards.
I didn't knew this.🙂
Below is how it looks in Cibil:
Thanks for the information.🙂
I just wanted to know, i am using platinum card on 10k fd, if i close the card now, can i get platinum card from expressions card route and after how many months i should apply for expressions card, given that icici takes approximately 3 months to update the closed status in cibil(for fd card)?

I just called ICICI CC for MMT Platinum card, she has got my request for mmt card, also confirmed the card will be delivered to you in the next 10 days, later she told me that the amazon card will not be closed and both the cards will have the shared limit, for which i have the voice recording as well( for proof purpose), if my apay card gets closed, i will directly complain to PNO( ICICI Bank). Fingers crossed.🤞View attachment 8964
No issue. ICICI won't close cards even after upgrade. Both cards will work fine.

My platinum card on fd is active at the moment, can i hold a secured and unsecured platinum card at the same time if i apply just like MMT?
Why do you even need the platinum card since you have already applied for upgrade to MMT ? Pay the one time fee of 500, use the MMT cashback of 500 within a year and forget about platinum. Enjoy 4 free railway lounge per year and (conditional) 4 free airport lounge access on your MMT Platinum for lifetime. The Visa platinum doesn't give you anything like that. And if you are confused about sales discount, MMT PLATINUM works on every sale discount like Flipkart/Amazon/Tatacliq just like the Visa Platinum card.

No u cant..... Close tge fd card and wait fir it to see as closed in cibil.... Apply for mmt platinum.... And get platinum card afterwards
I have already applied for MMT Platinum yesterday, today received a call from ICICI that the card is approved. Also, as soon as i get this card, i will close the platinum card which has a bare limit of 9k.

Why do you even need the platinum card since you have already applied for upgrade to MMT ? Pay the one time fee of 500, use the MMT cashback of 500 within a year and forget about platinum. Enjoy 4 free railway lounge per year and (conditional) 4 free airport lounge access on your MMT Platinum for lifetime. The Visa platinum doesn't give you anything like that. And if you are confused about sales discount, MMT PLATINUM works on every sale discount like Flipkart/Amazon/Tatacliq just like the Visa Platinum card.
Yesterday, i visited Electronics Mart to check the prices of washing machines. upon enquiry, I got to know ICICI Bank card are giving 7.5% discount but offer is not valid on co-branded ICICI cards, so wanted to have platinum for these type of scenarios only, plus it is LTF, so no harm in keeping the card. But i will use MMT card only for online discount offers and lounge access only, apay will be my primary ICICI card.

Trick worked. Recently my Apay card approved with 2.5 lakh limit without income proof. After few days applied for Expressions card through iMobile app. It got delivered in 4 days. I used this card for few transactions then started calling to customer service to cancel and upgrade to icici platinum lifetime free card. I faced 3-4 rejections. They said we cannot upgrade as it is a new card. One person said you cannot upgrade using expressions card. I have been charged joining fees and GST. At last on 5th or 6th call , he said to don't cancel expressions card as it has 3reward points and you don't get any lounge access with platinum card etc. I said no need of lounge access. Then he accepted and said to pay my outstanding first to cancel and upgrade. I paid my outstanding on the call, he waited for me. He also said my joining fees will be reversed. Then he transferred my call to cancellation department. Another person joined and he too saying benefits of expressions card. But i denied . Then he took my request to cancel the expressions card and upgrade to icici platinum ltf card. After 3-5 days my new card delivered.

So keep calling until you get a perfect person to do the job.

All the best.
I tried customer said can't be downgrade only upgrade.

Yesterday, i visited Electronics Mart to check the prices of washing machines. upon enquiry, I got to know ICICI Bank card are giving 7.5% discount but offer is not valid on co-branded ICICI cards, so wanted to have platinum for these type of scenarios only, plus it is LTF, so no harm in keeping the card. But i will use MMT card only for online discount offers and lounge access only, apay will be my primary ICICI card.
Yes, apay is the most valuable ICICI card right now. But the offline cobranded restriction you said is only applicable on the APAY cobranded icici card, not the rest cobranded cards.

Ohh, i was not aware of this. So i guess, MMT should work fine for offline discounts as well given that it is a co-branded card too. Thanks for the info though.🙂
Yes, Amazon Pay ICICI and Paytm cobranded credit cards are the only co branded cards I know that don't work elsewhere for discounts. That makes MMT PLATINUM the next and only ICICI card to hold after Apay ICICI cc

Last edited:
I applied for Expressions card on 4th Jan 04:44 PM, got 6 'usage control status' emails on 6th Jan 06:32 PM. It showed 'Expressions' in imobile app as well. Called ICICI customer care today i.e, on 8th Jan 09:02 AM. Female executive got connected. Explained her why I want to downgrade to 'Platinum Chip' (annual charge, APay ICICI sales offer issue in Flipkart etc). She transferred call to cancellation team. The guy from cancellation team rightaway cancelled expressions card, informed me that 'Platinum Chip' will reflect in 2-3 days in imobile app and will get delivered in 5-7 days. Also gave me service request number of the same.
Update:

On 10th around 6 PM, I got 6 'usage control status' emails again from ICICI. Logged into iMobile app and checked for 'Platinum Credit Card'. It was generated, Expressions card was nowhere to be seen. Next day, Platinum credit card was delivered. Now I have both, Amazon Pay and Platinum credit cards from ICICI.

Update:

On 10th around 6 PM, I got 6 'usage control status' emails again from ICICI. Logged into iMobile app and checked for 'Platinum Credit Card'. It was generated, Expressions card was nowhere to be seen. Next day, Platinum credit card was delivered. Now I have both, Amazon Pay and Platinum credit cards from ICICI.
lucky you, they said downgrade to platinum not possible even after forwarding to cancellation team. had to close the expression but got the coral.

Back