• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live+ (Previously Cashback) Benefits

helloworld

TF Legend
Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST (₹1180)
Spends required to get fee waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per statement)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
BookmyshowBuy 1 Get 1 (If booked on Saturday through app)
Easydiner15% upto 500 (min. 2500)
Lounge Benefit4 per year (no spend criteria)
fuel, rental, utilities, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some 10% Eligible MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall Food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart, EasyDiner, Restaurants, KFC, Dominos and DMart - working for 10% cashback (provided they have proper MCC).

This card will replace below cards (if you have look for alternative or keep as backup):

1.5% offline - Alternative to Ace 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Artl 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to Zenth 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png
1718468905805.png

HSBC Credit card offers [for all users] https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-card-offer-mails-messages-for-all-users.7887/

Last edited:
Is magicpin giftcard only used for Flipkart and firstcry?

No no, these are the ones which I use mostly. There are others as well with fairly decent discounts amongst other apps.
Merchant name pe depend hai.

Now Usually Flipkart Grocery is there on OTP Page which is 5411.

Flipkart Internet PVT LTD is 5699 but now it comes rarely and this is Apparel MCC

Yes
Itni research to RAW mei bhi nhi hoti hogi. And what if Dmart/reliance has incorrect MCC on POS. can we email CC to credit rewards or they will deny saying mcc not grocery.

No no, these are the ones which I use mostly. There are others as well with fairly decent discounts amongst other apps.

Itni research to RAW mei bhi nhi hoti hogi. And what if Dmart/reliance has incorrect MCC on POS. can we email CC to credit rewards or they will deny saying mcc not grocery.
They will deny if mcc is incorrect. Mentioned in terms and conditions of most credit cards.

Got my Live+ card last month and the first statement was generated. So had couple of doubts.

The cashback of 1000 for grocery/dining is per statement cycle? or per calendar month?

Also the cashback will be credited when the 2nd month statement is generated, right?

Got my Live+ card last month and the first statement was generated. So had couple of doubts.

The cashback of 1000 for grocery/dining is per statement cycle? or per calendar month?

Also the cashback will be credited when the 2nd month statement is generated, right?
Per statement cycle. Cashback for one cycle gets credited before the next cycle statement is generated

They will deny if mcc is incorrect. Mentioned in terms and conditions of most credit cards.
The only bank which will credit the cashback in case of incorrect MCC is AU Small Finance Bank. Of course you need to email them with the invoice. They take some time but in the end will process the cashback

Yes was expecting this only. Its going to be hit or miss i guess @ dmart/RelianceSmart . Or maybe I need to get 10rs 5star ( from different POS) using IDFC card to confirm MCC before paying the actual grocery bill. :hehe:

check main post attached screenshots.
Yes saw those MCCs but those are for exclusions, i dont see list of MCCs eligible for 10%, they could have provided list of MCCs eligible @ 10% for this particular card at least.

I again received reward credits after my 2nd statement generation.

1st statement eligible CB 700, rewards credit 610
2nd statement eligible CB 704, rewards credit 709

No idea what that it. Initiated chat now. Will call customer support tomorrow.

Last time chat support said it's cashback, call support said it's something other than cashback. Now if I'm getting after 2nd statement, it's looking more and more like cashback
Update - rewards credit is cashback

I got 610 rupees as rewards credit the next day after August statement was generated. It was short 93 rupees.

I got 709 rupees as reward credit the next day after September statement, which was correct cashback for that statement

Today i received 93 rupees under the name pending cashback from August statement.

Seems they hadn't changed the systems completely during August and now the change is complete and hereafter we'll get the cashback as reward credit 1 day after statement generation (more or less like SBI CB)

I got 610 rupees as rewards credit the next day after August statement was generated. It was short 93 rupees.

I got 709 rupees as reward credit the next day after September statement, which was correct cashback for that statement

Today i received 93 rupees under the name pending cashback from August statement.

Seems they hadn't changed the systems completely during August and now the change is complete and hereafter we'll get the cashback as reward credit 1 day after statement generation (more or less like SBI CB)
But that is the cashback from previous month, right? Like if your statement got generated on 14th of sept, the cashback from july 15th to Aug 14th would be credited now, right?

When i read "more or less like SBI CB", i believed it is for same month. Now I understand why 'less' is used here. Lol. 😁

When i read "more or less like SBI CB", i believed it is for same month. Now I understand why 'less' is used here. Lol. 😁
But that is the cashback from previous month, right? Like if your statement got generated on 14th of sept, the cashback from july 15th to Aug 14th would be credited now, right?
I've got for the same month. For the spends done in period between August 3 and September 2, I got cashback on September 4.

That's why calling it an update and posting here. August 3 was my first statement with the card and i got cashback on August 4 itself (it was incorrect amount, but got the remaining 40 days after statement generation. But on September 4, i got correct amount for the same month)

I've got for the same month. For the spends done in period between August 3 and September 2, I got cashback on September 4.

That's why calling it an update and posting here. August 3 was my first statement with the card and i got cashback on August 4 itself (it was incorrect amount, but got the remaining 40 days after statement generation. But on September 4, i got correct amount for the same month)
Way to go. 👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽

I got 2 credits. One says rewards credit and just now i got pending cashback posted as per aug month statement. This is totally confusing me

Statement Period : 17 JUL 2024 To 16 AUG 2024

Statement: AUGUST 2024

I can see they have credited cashback as
Pending Cashback as per AUG24 Statement - ₹1933.56

But they missed one transaction dated 17 JUL 2024.
What to do for that ?
Amount of the transaction was ₹2822, roughly would be getting ₹42.33 more cashback

Back