• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Live+ (Previously Cashback) Benefits

helloworld

TF Legend
Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST (₹1180)
Spends required to get fee waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per statement)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
BookmyshowBuy 1 Get 1 (If booked on Saturday through app)
Easydiner15% upto 500 (min. 2500)
Lounge Benefit4 per year (no spend criteria)
fuel, rental, utilities, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some 10% Eligible MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall Food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart, EasyDiner, Restaurants, KFC, Dominos and DMart - working for 10% cashback (provided they have proper MCC).

This card will replace below cards (if you have look for alternative or keep as backup):

1.5% offline - Alternative to Ace 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Artl 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to Zenth 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png
1718468905805.png

HSBC Credit card offers [for all users] https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-card-offer-mails-messages-for-all-users.7887/

Last edited:
Further when asked about which month's cashback is that and transaction wise cashback because of incorrect amount, got the following reply

"The rewards credit information which you are willing to enquire is the reward points which you have got for making the spends from the credit card. This is something which is completely different from the cashback.
I am sorry, I have checked it with the team just for the confirmation and as per them this would be the cashback it seems.
Also we would not be able to tell you the exact transaction wise cashback details because this is something which is dealt by the back end team."

Seems they're clueless about the change. Old users, can you confirm if the cashback crediting time and name have changed for you?
I noticed that my Aug bill generated on 29th and rewards credit was done on 30th and that was accurately how much I should have received as cashback for my Aug statement. But my previous statement cashback is messed up and I am unable to calculate and asked the cc and they are saying to wait as I changed my statement date so it might take time.

I noticed that my Aug bill generated on 29th and rewards credit was done on 30th and that was accurately how much I should have received as cashback for my Aug statement. But my previous statement cashback is messed up and I am unable to calculate and asked the cc and they are saying to wait as I changed my statement date so it might take time.
My cashback received the day after my statement on Sep 3 is also more or less correct. But the one generated on August 3 (which was my first statement) is short by around 100rs.

Further when asked about which month's cashback is that and transaction wise cashback because of incorrect amount, got the following reply

"The rewards credit information which you are willing to enquire is the reward points which you have got for making the spends from the credit card. This is something which is completely different from the cashback.
I am sorry, I have checked it with the team just for the confirmation and as per them this would be the cashback it seems.
Also we would not be able to tell you the exact transaction wise cashback details because this is something which is dealt by the back end team."

Seems they're clueless about the change. Old users, can you confirm if the cashback crediting time and name have changed for you?

last month it matched for my overall cashback though earlier its direct one entry credit. now it splits two entries

- cashback
- rewards

but combinedly matching eligible cashback.

but for others in this forum it is more than they eligible so kind of not sure.

hope they'll fix it otherwise constant fear of they taking credited cashback hunts.

last month it matched for my overall cashback though earlier its direct one entry credit. now it splits two entries

- cashback
- rewards
Cool. My 2nd statement was generated on September 3. Have so received only rewards. Maybe I'll receive the remaining amount as cashback 😅

Also once your latest statement gets generated, let us know if rewards alone matches your eligible cashback. Because it's so far matched for myself and harsh

Cool. My 2nd statement was generated on September 3. Have so received only rewards. Maybe I'll receive the remaining amount as cashback 😅

Also once your latest statement gets generated, let us know if rewards alone matches your eligible cashback. Because it's so far matched for myself and harsh

no, I'm eligible for 600 cashback last month.

they credited

rewards credit as 350
cashback as 250

didn't find any logic on how they calculated but overall matches my eligible amount.

but as mentioned, some users saying they received more than eligible cashback combinedly.

they credited

rewards credit as 350
cashback as 250

didn't find any logic on how they calculated but overall matches my eligible amount.

but as mentioned, some users saying they received more than eligible cashback combinedly.
I meant the next statement. I think they're phasing out the cashback part and making everything rewards credit

they credited

rewards credit as 350
cashback as 250

just to confirm, the maximum limit of 1k is per calendar month basis right or it is per monthly card statement basis?

Is this for milkbasket?
No, magicpin giftcard (flipkart,Firstcry)
Banks Classify MCC 5499 under Food or Grocery.

We told you Tested and Verifed Method Only. Have some Trust.
Don't take me wrong , because of trust and your confirmation only, I already did the purchase to complete welcome benefit criteria. Was just checking across flipkart grocery (5699), country delight(5499) and magicpin CF(5499) to see which one giving which mcc. So looks like all 3 will be applicable for 10% .

No, magicpin giftcard (flipkart,Firstcry)

Don't take me wrong , because of trust and your confirmation only, I already did the purchase to complete welcome benefit criteria. Was just checking across flipkart grocery (5699), country delight(5499) and magicpin CF(5499) to see which one giving which mcc. So looks like all 3 will be applicable for 10% .
Okay. Flipkart Grocery is 5411. Earlier it was tagging 5699.

Btw You can also inititate Chat with HSBC to Know MCC after the Txn.

Btw You can also inititate Chat with HSBC to Know MCC after the Txn
Can we check of failed transactions? Today i generated an otp but canceled without entering the otp to check the mcc. But the customer care mentioned that they can't see the mcc for failed transactions. He asked me to test transaction

I have a transaction from 29Aug so was checking there. Wasn't 5699 fetching 10%?
Merchant name pe depend hai.

Now Usually Flipkart Grocery is there on OTP Page which is 5411.

Flipkart Internet PVT LTD is 5699 but now it comes rarely and this is Apparel MCC
Thanks for the tip. This MCC game is very strange and tricky. So 5411 and 5499 should fetch 10% right?
Yes

Back