• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC rejected my CashKaro Cashback

harshgupta940

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had applied for my HSBC Cashback (now Live+) Credit Card via CashKaro on 10th May.

My CashKaro app didn't show my Cashback as pending in 3 days so when I raised missing cashback query they asked for Application Number which I provided and then it was showing in pending and my Cashback will be confirmed by 31st July.

1000101039.webp
On 2nd August I raised a query with Cashkaro about my cashback about non confirmation of the cashback as one of my known applied for HSBC Cashback through my referral after I had applied and followed the same process as I did (as I had guided him) and he had the cashback confirmed before me.

Yesterday I got the following reply in my email from cashkaro.

1000101041.webp

I had completed the vkyc the same day and made sure to apply for the card from their link.

Now can anyone suggest what can be done as I am not going to dispute with CashKaro as I know until they get the commission from HSBC they will not pass it on to me.
So can I raise any complaint with HSBC directly regarding this. If so where and how?

Last edited:
Yes I know just wanted to aware others that CashKaro is not sureshot until you actually get and as there was no thread regarding this so wanted to explore options as well.
No, actually you can be sure if you're going to get the cashback for your order or not, even before it has confirmed or rejected.

Before you purchase anything via Cashkaro (or any other such platform), you should first check the reward tracking timeline for that merchant.
Screenshot_20240805-133308_1.webp

Then after placing the order, wait for it to be tracked automatically and do not raise a missing cashback ticket. If your cashback gets tracked automatically, you can be certain that your reward will get confirmed (given that you do not return or exchange the items in the order).

But on the other hand, if it doesn't get tracked automatically and you raise a missing cashback ticket, Cashkaro considers it as - Oh! I may have missed tracking this purchase, but the partner merchant must've tracked it, so I'll wait until the confirmation date and will pass the reward on to the user after I get paid. But more often than not, the merchant doesn't recognise that the purchase was made via Cashkaro and hence doesn't pay commission to them, which is why Cashkaro rejects your rewards in the end.

So to make sure you get paid every single time, let your orders get auto-tracked. In case it doesn't, cancel your order (if it is cancellable) and re-place it.

In your case, the order could not be cancelled, so raising the missing cashback ticket was the only option but the above info can come in handy if you're going to make a big purchase from Amazon, Flipkart, etc.

Last edited:
No, actually you can be sure if you're going to get the cashback for your order or not, even before it has confirmed or rejected.

Before you purchase anything via Cashkaro (or any other such platform), you should first check the reward tracking timeline for that merchant.
View attachment 63921

Then after placing the order, wait for it to be tracked automatically and do not raise a missing cashback ticket. If your cashback gets tracked automatically, you can be certain that your reward will get confirmed (given that you do not return or exchange the items in the order).

But on the other hand, if it doesn't get tracked automatically and you raise a missing cashback ticket, Cashkaro considers it as - Oh! I may have missed tracking this purchase, but the partner merchant must've tracked it, so I'll wait until the confirmation date and will pass the reward on to the user after I get paid. But more often than not, the merchant doesn't recognise that the purchase was made via Cashkaro and hence doesn't pay commission to them, which is why Cashkaro rejects your rewards in the end.

So to make sure you get paid every single time, let your orders get auto-tracked. In case it doesn't, cancel your order (if it is cancellable) and re-place it.

In your case, the order could not be cancelled, so raising the missing cashback ticket was the only option but the above info can come in handy if you're going to make a big purchase from Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
Also Its important to Keep the CART🛒 EMPTY at the desired shopping website before you start from CASHKARO.
Otherviz your order wont be tracked.

Njoy Cashkaro :backhand-index-pointing-right: https://cashk.app.link/sOuqYzDLFLb

View attachment 63921

Yes that's why I waited for more than 72 hrs which was also the tracking time for hsbc and then raised the missing cashback. But in most of the cases 72 hrs is too much to get the offer again so during the process of actually ordering or applying via CashKaro the cashback isn't sureshot so it doesn't help that you get to know after 72 hrs as you in most of the cases cannot to anything about it and just wait till the deadline to finally get to know that the cashback is rejected.

Last edited:

View attachment 63921

What will happen in my case? I raised missing ticket for HSBC card but the order also got auto-tracked after some time. Now there's two pending entries but with different order numbers.

Get the card now, do not activate it. When they will call you to activate it, tell them about this and ask them to make it LTF otherwise tell them that you wont activate it

Get the card now, do not activate it. When they will call you to activate it, tell them about this and ask them to make it LTF otherwise tell them that you wont activate it
For me, I also applied for HSBC Platinum and it did not auto track. I had to raise a missing cashback ticket. In the meantime, it also got auto-tracked. Now there are two cashback entries, both show pending till October, but the order ids are different. Cashkaro earlier denied my Myntra and Amazon cashbacks even though I navigated from their app and placed the orders. Hope at least one of the two gets confirmed.
He had applied for HSBC Platinum which is already LTF. And even if it was Live+ I doubt they would make it LTF considering the demand of that card now.
What will happen in my case? I raised missing ticket for HSBC card but the order also got auto-tracked after some time. Now there's two pending entries but with different order numbers.
I think you can only wait and try your luck.

Using cashkaro for atleast 6 years now, here is my suggestion:
1) Cashkaro and partner brands like HSBC or any other merchant tracks the affiliate source via cookies and they can be very easily overidden or reset during a single session as well, it's something which is equally frustrating but we can't attribute the responsibility to one single entity, if partner brands really want to ease out the process that can implement better systems in place but at the end it has to be a collaborative effort. ( Any affiliate website have only control over their own platform and have no control over the merchant platform, personally I have observed there are some merchants who have deliberately kept their site insufficient to track the affiliate source and tends to deliberately decline cashback no matter what affiliate website you choose)

2) Cashkaro is very transparent and clear about their terms while compared to other affiliate sites.

3) If the cashback was tracked after creating missing cashback ticket, there is a very good chance, that cashback won't be attributed to Cashkaro and thus it won't get confirmed.

At the end, try Cashkaro if you wish and take it just as a lottery for which you are paying nothing extra, if you get the bonanza it's fine else escalation to any entity in this regard won't help much.

And please don't buy from a merchant if you don't need it and you just landed on the page by just Cashkaro benefits on that merchant.
I am using cashkaro and ernkaro from 4 years and zingoy from 2 years

When I repeatedly shoped from cashkaro
In some trackings when the amount is more than 30 rs. they cancelled the cashback

In replacement I am now using zingoy
They never cancel my cashback
No I don't use cashkaro

And I also like earnkaro very much
They also never cancel my cashback

Cashkaro and ernkaro are owned by TATA

Right???

Yes that's why I waiting for more than 72 hrs which also the tracking time for hsbc and then raised the missing cashback. But in most of the cases 72 hrs is too much to get the offer again so during the process of actually ordering or applying via CashKaro the cashback isn't sureshot so it doesn't help that you get to know after 72 hrs as you in most of the cases cannot to anything about it and just wait till the deadline to finally get to know that the cashback is rejected.
True .. ..

In replacement I am now using zingoy
They never cancel my cashback
No I don't use cashkaro
Zingoy is a good alternative. They usually offer higher reward rate than Cashkaro. But Cashkaro's withdrawal process is quite smooth and hassle free which is why I prefer it over others.

And I also like earnkaro very much
They also never cancel my cashback
I've had bad experiences with Earnkaro, so I stay away from it.

Cashkaro and ernkaro are owned by TATA

Right???
No, Ratan Tata is an investor in Cashkaro. It is not owned by him or Tata.

I had applied for my HSBC Cashback (now Live+) Credit Card via CashKaro on 10th May.

My CashKaro app didn't show my Cashback as pending in 3 days so when I raised missing cashback query they asked for Application Number which I provided and then it was showing in pending and my Cashback will be confirmed by 31st July.

View attachment 63833
On 2nd August I raised a query with Cashkaro about my cashback about non confirmation of the cashback as one of my known applied for HSBC Cashback through my referral after I had applied and followed the same process as I did (as I had guided him) and he had the cashback confirmed before me.

View attachment 63839

I had completed the vkyc the same day and made sure to apply for the card from their link.

Now can anyone suggest what can be done as I am not going to dispute with CashKaro as I know until they get the commission from HSBC they will not pass it on to me.
So can I raise any complaint with HSBC directly regarding this. If so where and how?
I also faced a similar situation 2 years back !!!
Cashkaro declined my 4k Cashback stating that Magzter has declined it. I wrote back saying that since I’ve followed all the said conditions so there’s no way I should be declined cashback. And as far as concerned that merchant is declining the cashback, it’s between Cashkaro & Magzter to sort it out…I just want my cashback of 4k!!

But even then, they didn’t credit my cashback…so finally I had to use the ‘Brahmastra’!! I raised a complaint with consumer forum. After this, cashkaro credited 4k from their end !!!

Attachments

• IMG_3971.webp
    IMG_3971.webp
    87 KB · Views: 24
I also faced a similar situation 2 years back !!!
Cashkaro declined my 4k Cashback stating that Magzter has declined it. I wrote back saying that since I’ve followed all the said conditions so there’s no way I should be declined cashback. And as far as concerned that merchant is declining the cashback, it’s between Cashkaro & Magzter to sort it out…I just want my cashback of 4k!!

But even then, they didn’t credit my cashback…so finally I had to use the ‘Brahmastra’!! I raised a complaint with consumer forum. After this, cashkaro credited 4k from their end !!!
Oh great! What all proofs did you attach while registering the complaint?

Can you please guide us with the process in detail?

View attachment 63833

View attachment 63839

If cashkaro has denied, you can't do anything. From now on, apply through bank sathi, you will be getting more cash in bank account. Currently 2950.

Back