• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I am getting a Lifetime Free 2nd Credit Card in email, is this real? Has anyone else got this?

MurlyLock

TF Select
Hello, I hold an HDFC Regalia LTF card with a 3 lakh limit (got through a c2c application in March) and I am an HDFC preferred account holder. Since September I have been getting this mail with the title "Congrats S****, Lifetime Free 2nd Credit Card!
🎈
Apply before 16/Oct/2023" (the date always changes whenever I get the mail, the apply before date is always a few days after to show the urgency I guess) Anyway the card they are showing in these offers are Diners Club Privilege which I would like to have along with my LTF Regalia if it is indeed lifetime free.

I have gone through multiple threads in this forum that say one can't have more than one core card from HDFC, so that makes me doubt this even more. Secondly, the URL this opens has the word floater mentioned in it so I called customer care and asked and they said floater card means it will have a shared limit with my regalia but they were unable to verify if this is LTF, they said they have no access to offers being sent in email but confirmed what floater card is.

Has anyone else received this offer? is this even real? If you have received it did you apply for it and did you get it LTF?

An update

So I got a message and email about an instant card and checked the status of the application, and it showed approved. So I called customer care and they said it is a chargeable card, I explained the situation and they said to email it to customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com
so I dropped an email explaining the whole situation and with screenshots to both customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com and grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com. now let's see what reply I get back, also I spoke with the assistant branch manager of the branch where I have my HDFC account, and told him to see if he can do anything to make this ltf, he said he will try and to email him with all the details so let's see. Meanwhile, I won't activate the card after receiving it.
What is the next step after this? if they decline to make it LTF? where do I escalate it after this? I couldn't find any mail for the PNO so if anyone knows how to escalate this further, any help would be really appreciated.

Update 5th November

After 2 weeks of back and forth and with grievance readdressed team, I received a mail today confirming that the card will be converted to Lifetime free within 90 days of activation.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 130628.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 130628.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

cryoengine

TF Premier
The offer is from the official hdfc Email ID. You can call your RM or customer care and check with them regarding LTF offer. But it is better to email and get confirmation.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello, I hold an HDFC Regalia LTF card with a 3 lakh limit (got through a c2c application in March) and I am an HDFC preferred account holder. Since September I have been getting this mail with the title "Congrats S****, Lifetime Free 2nd Credit Card!
🎈
Apply before 16/Oct/2023" (the date always changes whenever I get the mail, the apply before date is always a few days after to show the urgency I guess) Anyway the card they are showing in these offers are Diners Club Privilege which I would like to have along with my LTF Regalia if it is indeed lifetime free.

I have gone through multiple threads in this forum that say one can't have more than one core card from HDFC, so that makes me doubt this even more. Secondly, the URL this opens has the word floater mentioned in it so I called customer care and asked and they said floater card means it will have a shared limit with my regalia but they were unable to verify if this is LTF, they said they have no access to offers being sent in email but confirmed what floater card is.

Has anyone else received this offer? is this even real? If you have received it did you apply for it and did you get it LTF?
After you click on the email link,
1) post the url here
2) post the screenshot, I.e. initial screen
3( post the screenshot after you enter otp, I.e. second page..
Then abandon the process and don't go any further..
and let's analyse

Last edited:

MurlyLock

TF Select
1) post the url here
and let's analyse
doing that, meanwhile, I saw your post very thoroughly so the second page confirms your details. also i wanted to know when does the cibil hit happen?
is it on the first page where I enter the number and otp? or is it on the second page on confirm details?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
doing that, meanwhile, I saw your post very thoroughly so the second page confirms your details. also i wanted to know when does the cibil hit happen?
is it on the first page where I enter the number and otp? or is it on the second page on confirm details?
After confirming your details...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have a thread by name" cibil hit or not"..
Under hdfc section..all details are there pls check that thread

shrewdoc

TF Ace
The email mentions a second card life time free. Why not grab the opportunity? The address is official bank mailing address.

The email mentions your name and LTF status clearly. You have all the proofs if you end up in a contrary position.

Also, you mentioned it's a floater, even more good news, meaning same limit matched.

You got all points in your favour.

MurlyLock

TF Select
1) post the url here
and let's analyse
Hey so i did that and di actually went ahead and applied and here are the 4 pages that showed back to back, a cibil enquiry happened on the third page after clicking confirm, and also nowhere any fees was mentioned, infact page was completely blank other that card name, so now i have no clue if there is fees or not to this card.

also please do let me know if i have provided some sensitive info by mistake then i will blur and add again

Attachments

• page 1.png
    page 1.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 328
  • page 2_censored.png
    page 2_censored.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 318
  • page 3_censored.png
    page 3_censored.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 319
  • page 4_censored.png
    page 4_censored.png
    38 KB · Views: 319

MurlyLock

TF Select
The email mentions a second card life time free. Why not grab the opportunity? The address is official bank mailing address.

The email mentions your name and LTF status clearly. You have all the proofs if you end up in a contrary position.

Also, you mentioned it's a floater, even more good news, meaning same limit matched.

You got all points in your favour.
i just did but it mentioned no charges anywhere so a bit confused

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hey so i did that and di actually went ahead and applied and here are the 4 pages that showed back to back, a cibil enquiry happened on the third page after clicking confirm, and also nowhere any fees was mentioned, infact page was completely blank other that card name, so now i have no clue if there is fees or not to this card.

also please do let me know if i have provided some sensitive info by mistake then i will blur and add again
Looks all good , one thing you missed rough..
Copying amd pasting the URL, after you clicked on email link..It might reveal some other info..

Anyway looks all good.

MurlyLock

TF Select
Looks all good , one thing you missed rough..
Copying amd pasting the URL, after you clicked on email link..It might reveal some other info..

Anyway looks all good.
shit sorry, missed to do that, its there in the url tab of the pics, you can have a look at that. what do you think of this, does this look ltf or hidden charges involved ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
shit sorry, missed to do that, its there in the url tab of the pics, you can have a look at that. what do you think of this, does this look ltf or hidden charges involved ?
It clearly says Diners floater. so the limit would be shared.
Try to click now on email link and see if you can still get the url..
I

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That is why I gave you instructions by step wise.
Anyway , until now it indicates LTF only

skywalker

TF Select
🎈

Hey, I’ve been getting the same mail. I also hold a Regalia LTF with 3.3L limit and getting an offer for LTF Diners Club Privilege as a floater card. But till now I’ve been ignoring this because I thought this card isn’t really worth getting, since its benefits are the same as Regalia’s. Do you think otherwise? Is it worth getting, or should I wait for other card offers, like DCB or Infinia? Because I guess once I get this I wouldn’t be eligible for any other HDFC Cards in the future.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Hey, I’ve been getting the same mail. I also hold a Regalia LTF with 3.3L limit and getting an offer for LTF Diners Club Privilege as a floater card. But till now I’ve been ignoring this because I thought this card isn’t really worth getting, since its benefits are the same as Regalia’s. Do you think otherwise? Is it worth getting, or should I wait for other card offers, like DCB or Infinia? Because I guess once I get this I wouldn’t be eligible for any other HDFC Cards in the future.
Take the offer sir. It's a floater card. You'll be among the few people who get 2 hdfc core cards. You can then have the liberty to choose the card you want to upgrade in the future.

skywalker

TF Select
Take the offer sir. It's a floater card. You'll be among the few people who get 2 hdfc core cards. You can then have the liberty to choose the card you want to upgrade in the future.
Woah, really? They’ll still offer an upgrade to DCB or Infinia or any other higher variants launched in the future?

Also, would I still be able to get any co-branded HDFC cards? Like the Swiggy card or upcoming Apple HDFC card, in addition to these 2 core cards?