• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I Made Mistake With AMEX MRCC Card

Sanskar

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I recently applied my first AMEX CARD (MRCC) and I made a mistake. I didn’t use referral.
Now its first year fee is ₹1000 and from second year onwards ₹4500

Card is about to deliver soon

Is there any trick or method to make it first year free and from second year onwards ₹1500

Or should I cancel it and reapply, if I do it, will be there any cooling period?

I recently applied my first AMEX CARD (MRCC) and I made a mistake. I didn’t use referral.

Is there any trick or method to make it first year free and from second year onwards ₹1500

Or should I cancel it and reapply, if I do it, will be there any cooling period?
Continue for one year at least, later you can decide at the time of renewal.

call them and ask same referral offer. if agreed, continue else cancel and apply after 90 days (you can continue even if they waive 1K joining fee but cancel during renewal if spends not achieved). Btw, meanwhile you can apply another card from AMEX, no issues with that (either with referral or directly). Let me know if needed referral :D

My 12K points 😭😭😭

call them and ask same referral offer. if agreed, continue else cancel and apply after 90 days (you can continue even if they waive 1K joining fee but cancel during renewal if spends not achieved). Btw, meanwhile you can apply another card from AMEX, no issues with that (either with referral or directly). Let me know if needed referral :D
Can I now without waiting, apply for platinum travel?

I advise you not to activate it and if they phone or email , you ask them to make it first year free or lifetime free, or else you will not activate it
Hope these two things work

Can I now without waiting, apply for platinum travel?

safe side wait till you do something with current card. you can apply, but on safe side wait.

Back