• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I Made Mistake With AMEX MRCC Card

Sanskar

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I recently applied my first AMEX CARD (MRCC) and I made a mistake. I didn’t use referral.
Now its first year fee is ₹1000 and from second year onwards ₹4500

Card is about to deliver soon

Is there any trick or method to make it first year free and from second year onwards ₹1500

Or should I cancel it and reapply, if I do it, will be there any cooling period?

safe side wait till you do something with current card. you can apply, but on safe side wait.

Yes, I’ll wait for at least 30 days before current Card get cancelled or maybe they provide me LTF or referral benefit type fee

Returns on all 3 Amex cards are well over 5% provided you do not pay any fee whatsoever.
Payment of joining or renewal fee will crash your returns.

Remember Amex makes its main profit on the 2nd year renewal fee, otherwise Amex earns only 3% on all your transactions.

Also, almost always they need to pay out referral commissions which is going to increase their cost of customer acquisition

Last edited:
First request for lifetime free.
if they refuse, then ask for first year free and cancel before payment of the second year fee.

Then apply again 6 months through a referral.
you need to play passing the parcel with any friend
Finger crossed 🤣
Hope for best

I really wanted to experience AMEX
In that peer pressure, I didn’t use reference

I still can't believe that there is a member of techno fino forum who actually applied without a referral!

I feel sorry for all those who have never of techno fino forum and routinely apply for 3 Amex cards and pay the joining fee and renewal fee and nobody benefits through any commission

I recently applied my first AMEX CARD (MRCC) and I made a mistake. I didn’t use referral.

Is there any trick or method to make it first year free and from second year onwards ₹1500

Or should I cancel it and reapply, if I do it, will be there any cooling period?
OMG!!! MRCC without referral is like digging your own grave... Not just that ot gives FYF plus the annual fee becomes one third too....
And you devoid a soul of 12k points....

Yes, everyone, I know I made a mistake

And I was in little pressure to that will I get approved or not

Now MCC has been approved

Next, i am going for platinum travel, for that I will definitely use referral links

For now Please Suggest best possible thing to make current MRCC card, LTF or at least the same as referral one

For now Please Suggest best possible thing to make current MRCC card, LTF or at least the same as referral one
I already told you don't activate, and phone customer care to request for lifetime free or at least first year free.

When you apply through a referral link there will be TF members offering you Rs 1000 Rs 2000 and even 4000 Amazon pay, but it could be an empty promise also.

So to protect your interests , ask him to send you the Amazon pay voucher when you show him the proof that your application has been approved.
and in case you do not receive the voucher code, you can cancel your application

Next, i am going for platinum travel, for that I will definitely use referral links

alright.. shit happens. it ok.. it simple you don't activate and wait for amex to call you, they will first email and then will call so tell them on first call yeah I'm busy call me later on 2/3rd call tell them.. hey i missed fyf on mrcc can you help out for LTF mrcc, amex will denied probably, say alright let me think and ask to call again. (play mind games but on 3rd call say i need fyf , amex cs will help you). if in 20-25 days amex don't call you then you call amex cs and ask for FYF simple.

alright.. shit happens. it ok.. it simple you don't activate and wait for amex to call you, they will first email and then will call so tell them on first call yeah I'm busy call me later on 2/3rd call tell them.. hey i missed fyf on mrcc can you help out for LTF mrcc, amex will denied probably, say alright let me think and ask to call again. (play mind games but on 3rd call say i need fyf , amex cs will help you). if in 20-25 days amex don't call you then you call amex cs and ask for FYF simple.
Thanks, brother
I believe it will work in this manner

Best would be:
Deny Receiving the card.
Call and cancel the card.
apply after 90 days from cancellation date & before Nov 2024.

Apply with my referral link now for Platinum Travel
MRCC receive but don’t activate for 30days it will auto cancel as per rbi
Simple as such

Its alright, to err is human.

Simply don't activate the card - card will get cancelled on its own as per RBI guidelines, also you can apply Amex platinum travel card immediately without waiting.

Don’t activate the card. You can apply for platinum travel immediately in my view. Wait for 30 days for MRCC. You can use anyone’s referral in the forum. Mine is in my signature.

There is no true LTF concept for MRCC.

The Annual fee is reversed if you spend 1.5L (or 50% of it, if you touch 90K).

I suggest that - having got it - should use it for 1 year by paying for it. And, ensure that you spend the 1.5L on the card during the year so that you get it free next year. And, the years thereafter to come.

Why take a chance with AmEx. What if you don't activate it now and you apply after 90 days AND they say NO ? Now that you got it, start enjoying the card.

Back