• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Yes faced 3 times... Since 3 days...

But now recvd the sms :

Dear Customer, your ICICI Bank Credit Card Application xxxxxx under process. The final status will be communicated to you within 15 days.
No field verification yet, calls for verification gets disconnected automatically... These buggers sometimes do missedcalls too...

I could successfully change from Visa to mc/amex variant. I got 2 different cards spam emails of card control being changed. Have asked customer care to confirm if it is LTF.
Please tell us how? (I mean which route you go through, if you faced any hurdles, how you tackled, if it required multiple tries, etc etc.)

Please tell us how? (I mean which route you go through, if you faced any hurdles, how you tackled, if it required multiple tries, etc etc.)
I was shown during vkyc a mastercard / amex dual variant card however i received a visa card. I mailed to customer service, they suggested to call customer care. I mailed, an executive took my request over call. Generated SR number. Then had to follow-up on Twitter, then i got a call that process will be done within 7 days. Got a message yesterday.

Just for info guys:

I applied using alumni link on 19th evening. On 20th morning, I received a call regarding setup of VKyc on 20th evening itself and was advised to pick up the call.

However, no one called up. And I waited till yesterday(24th morning), and then out of impatience, I just opened apply for credit card on fly from my wealth banking page(There was no pre qualified offer though). The web page asked for hell lot of details like employer, religion, pass out institution, official email and address and much more.

Several cards were shown me to choose. All cards except Emeralde were shown as LTF. Emeralde was shown as Rs. 1K+GST per month. Rubyx and Sapphiro were shown with two options Amex and Visa Signature. I chose Sapphiro Amex.

Application Number was generated, No VKYC was needed and I received a message that your application under process and final decision shall be communicated in 15 days. After the SMS was received, CIBIL was hit.

Will update with the outcome, fingers crossed.

So, I think you can try your luck by applying directly from ICICI Bank Net Banking Page.

And Yesterday evening after all this the previous lady executive handling Alumni Offer, called back and said there was some issue with the system, and now she is ready to process, I told her, I have already applied, she was disappointed :( and said she is dropping the lead.
So, the magic sms arrived just now

"Congratulations! Welcome to ICICI Bank Credit Cards. Your application has been approved and your new card will be delivered in 7 working days."

Alumni offer not used, no pre approved offer. Just a random try and luck. Got an option to apply Sapphiro Amex + MC on LTF basis.

Fingers crossed... on whats inside the netbanking after a while.

Edit: I can see Sapphiro Amex Card in my netbanking as well as iMobile, and customer care confirmed its a LTF Card. I applied through normal channel, without any pre approved offer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 12.41.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 12.41.21 PM.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
So, the magic sms arrived just now

"Congratulations! Welcome to ICICI Bank Credit Cards. Your application has been approved and your new card will be delivered in 7 working days."

Alumni offer not used, no pre approved offer. Just a random try and luck.

Fingers crossed... on whats inside the netbanking after a while.
you uploaded income proof?

I was shown during vkyc a mastercard / amex dual variant card however i received a visa card. I mailed to customer service, they suggested to call customer care. I mailed, an executive took my request over call. Generated SR number. Then had to follow-up on Twitter, then i got a call that process will be done within 7 days. Got a message yesterday.
So, you have ICICI Sapphiro CC of all 3 variants active, VISA, MC, AMEX, right?

I could successfully change from Visa to mc/amex variant. I got 2 different cards spam emails of card control being changed. Have asked customer care to confirm if it is LTF.
What was the procudure? Pls tell me coz in my experience they customer care guys were absolutely clueless and stupid.

What was the procudure? Pls tell me coz in my experience they customer care guys were absolutely clueless and stupid.

He replied this:

Ok.
He replied this:
The exact same thing happened with me too. Twitter then call then email and then 7 days typical wait time..
Can someone confirm if during variant change process, they asked to deactivate/surrender the old variant as we cannot keep all 3 variants active according to them?

Ok.

The exact same thing happened with me too. Twitter then call then email and then 7 days typical wait time..
Can someone confirm if during variant change process, they asked to deactivate/surrender the old variant as we cannot keep all 3 variants active according to them?
The customer care executive mentioned visa will be deactivated. However, no mention from the email folks.

I also have raised a request to change the variant. My SR was created by team on 21st and even sent me an email confirmation regarding the new Variant and pricing. The ticket is still open after nearly a week.

They didn't mention anything regarding closure of Visa one. Although all I can do is wait till the ticket is closed and then see what happens next

How long did it take for your request to go through? @haroldh

I also have raised a request to change the variant. My SR was created by team on 21st and even sent me an email confirmation regarding the new Variant and pricing. The ticket is still open after nearly a week.

They didn't mention anything regarding closure of Visa one. Although all I can do is wait till the ticket is closed and then see what happens next

How long did it take for your request to go through? @haroldh
1 week approx.

The new variant has a different pricing?

Got the card finally after rejection. Put pressure on icici through different means, twitter, privilege banker, escalation to head of CC, the alumni offer team, and threat of escalation to RBI Ombudsman on non following due processes. These buggers rejected my application on grounds of failed physical verification without even conducting one. Now approved without any sorts of verification 😅 PS: I am already an old icici customer privilege account, 3 active CCs, Fasttag. Not that I am gonna use this useless card but ego satiated finally. Saddha haq aithe rakh.

Got the card finally after rejection. Put pressure on icici through different means, twitter, privilege banker, escalation to head of CC, the alumni offer team, and threat of escalation to RBI Ombudsman on non following due processes. These buggers rejected my application on grounds of failed physical verification without even conducting one. Now approved without any sorts of verification 😅 PS: I am already an old icici customer privilege account, 3 active CCs, Fasttag. Not that I am gonna use this useless card but ego satiated finally. Saddha haq aithe rakh.
How did you contact the alumni offer team?

Back