• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Sapphiro Dual (Master and Amex) to Visa Conversion Successful in August 2024

fageriaji

TF Ace
I already know that there are many threads on this point and members are talking about this topic.
Some members are saying that you can not convert, some are saying dual variant will be closed etc....
I will try to answer all question and myths about the conversion.

Here is my journey to convert Sapphiro Dual card to Visa One:
I successfully converted the Dual Card into Visa Card (By talking customer care), here are the Steps:

1. 01 August 2024: I talked to Customer Care to convert Dual Variant to Visa Variant.
Received email regarding telephonic conversation on the same day and CCE said "They will process it for approval, It may take 3-4 working days"

2. 05 Aug 2024: Again received a call and email about card conversion is approved and will be processed with in 7 working days.
The email was clearly mentioned that : Post issuance of sapphiro Visa card your exiting card amex and master variants will be cancelled. (It Doesn't matter for me because I just want to try myself and see the results).

3. 10 Aug 2024: I randomly checked iMobile and the Sapphiro Visa Variant was showing. There was total 3 Sapphiro cards. (Visa Variant image in iMobile showing it as Platinum not Signature)

4. 12 Aug 2024: Received email confirmation about dispatch of Sapphiro Visa Variant along with AWB number and sms from both ICICI and Bluedart.
5. 13 Aug 2024: I received Physical Card and it was Signature variant. (Still Dual variant is active)
6. 15 Aug 2024: I activated Visa Variant and purchased the CIBIL subscription. (Still Dual variant is active)
7. 17 Aug 2024: I received the physical Dream Folks Card for the visa variant. I have activated it in DF apps. (Still Dual variant is active)
8. 20 Aug 2024: Bill generated as per old billing cycle. (Still Dual variant is active)

Final Verdict:
Both variant are active. I did not received any call form ICICI Bank regarding activation.
I called ICICI Bank to confirm that Visa Variant is LTF or not. CCE says: It's Life Time FREE.

So the variant conversion is still on and it doesn't matter that you have activated the new card or not.

Last edited:
Solution
can we get free or doscounted CIBIL subscription using sappario visa?
Nope.
On the occasion of 15 August CIBIL launched a campaign in which CIBIL subscription was offered on 50% discount i.e. 599.99/-

You can try it by using coupan code if it is still available: FREEDOM50
I already know that there are many threads on this point and members are talking about this topic.
Some members are saying that you can not convert, some are saying dual variant will be closed etc....

I successfully converted the Dual Card into Visa Card (By talking customer care), here are the Steps:

1. 01 August 2024: I talked to Customer Care to convert Dual Variant to Visa Variant.
Received email regarding telephonic conversation on the same day and CCE said "They will process it for approval, It may take 3-4 working days"

2. 05 Aug 2024: Again received a call and email about card conversion is approved and will be processed with in 7 working days.
The email was clearly mentioned that : Post issuance of sapphiro Visa card your exiting card amex and master variants will be cancelled. (It Doesn't matter for me because I just want to try myself and see the results).

3. 10 Aug 2024: I randomly checked iMobile and the Sapphiro Visa Variant was showing. There was total 3 Sapphiro cards. (Visa Variant image in iMobile showing it as Platinum not Signature)

4. 12 Aug 2024: Received email confirmation about dispatch of Sapphiro Visa Variant along with AWB number and sms from both ICICI and Bluedart.
5. 13 Aug 2024: I received Physical Card and it was Signature variant. (Still Dual variant is active)
6. 15 Aug 2024: I activated Visa Variant and purchased the CIBIL subscription. (Still Dual variant is active)
7. 17 Aug 2024: I received the physical Dream Folks Card for the visa variant. I have activated it in DF apps. (Still Dual variant is active)
8. 20 Aug 2024: Bill generated as per old billing cycle. (Still Dual variant is active)

Final Verdict:
Both variant are active. I did not received any call form ICICI Bank regarding activation.
I called ICICI Bank to confirm that Visa Variant is LTF or not. CCE says: It's Life Time FREE.

So the variant conversion is still on and it doesn't matter that you have activated the new card or not.
why converted to Visa variant? Any specific benefit?

Final Verdict:

Thanks for sharing the whole card conversion process.

why converted to Visa variant? Any specific benefit?
for me it was, VISA gives direct discount on BMS instead of cashback (AMEX variant)
and hence I wanted to convert to VISA but recently read somewhere on this forum only that even AMEX is giving discount now
will try this month and if it's true, will keep the dual variant
else will convert to VISA

yeah, and also single card will be easier to carry

for me it was, VISA gives direct discount on BMS instead of cashback (AMEX variant)
and hence I wanted to convert to VISA but recently read somewhere on this forum only that even AMEX is giving discount now

I tried yesterday, even amex variant is giving direct discount now, earlier it used show that cashback will be credited later instead of discount

I tried yesterday, even amex variant is giving direct discount now, earlier it used show that cashback will be credited later instead of discount
Yes, now AmEx also gives flat discount instead of cashback.

Final Verdict:

Hey ,

So you have currently all variants, VISA, AmeX and Mastercard. for Sapphiro?

Back