• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC Bank Query

SC_23

TF Premier
1)Can any IDFC account holder confirm the process of changing communication address

Like in Kotak and Axis you can complete with OTP or we have to provide address proof

2)So anyone who opens account before 30th June will get LTF debit card ? And does it support Tap and pay through Gpay?

3)How is your upi experience with this bank (read its not good in some other forum) only looking to open this account for day to day upi and debit card transaction; don't care much about their credit card.

4)Did someone opened this account offline and got the said offers or is it only through online method

Reactions: AsB
Have an old IDFC salary account for which I changed the communication address recently. I was asked to go to my nearest branch & fill the address update form with Aadhar/suitable address proof. I checked via twitter & other online sources & don't think it's possible digitally or online.

Mine being salary account my debit card & all other charges are free anyways so can't say about charges & recent offers etc. UPI works decently well but as with UPI in general I think most banks do have the odd UPI downtime & same is the case with IDFC too. There are per transaction & daily limits though which are seemingly lesser than other banks (20k per txn & i think 50k per day or might be 1L). Didn't find an option to modify it in netbanking & haven't really pursued very seriously either as I prefer their free IMPS for significantly large txns anyway.

Have an old IDFC salary account for which I changed the communication address recently. I was asked to go to my nearest branch & fill the address update form with Aadhar/suitable address proof. I checked via twitter & other online sources & don't think it's possible digitally or online.

Mine being salary account my debit card & all other charges are free anyways so can't say about charges & recent offers etc. UPI works decently well but as with UPI in general I think most banks do have the odd UPI downtime & same is the case with IDFC too. There are per transaction & daily limits though which are seemingly lesser than other banks (20k per txn & i think 50k per day or might be 1L). Didn't find an option to modify it in netbanking & haven't really pursued very seriously either as I prefer their free IMPS for significantly large txns anyway.
Thanks for the review man. Main problem with relying on upi is odd downtime and when you are stuck with no cash really feeds into my anxiety.

Btw what are other valid address proof other than Aadhaar? Had real bad experience with ICICI in this regard when they were not even ready to accept any utility bills and were adamant for Aadhaar or other proofs all that have my permanent address.

Thanks for the review man. Main problem with relying on upi is odd downtime and when you are stuck with no cash really feeds into my anxiety.

Btw what are other valid address proof other than Aadhaar? Had real bad experience with ICICI in this regard when they were not even ready to accept any utility bills and were adamant for Aadhaar or other proofs all that have my permanent address.
For upi you can use Paytm it has highest success rate

Not sure of this. I had my Aadhar updated so it was straightforward in my case.

Paytm as a UPI app is fine but I was actually referring to the bank downtime. No app can help during that.. but yes Paytm / PhonePe are more reliable for transaction success.
I was referring to Paytm UPI used with Paytm payment bank,
The Paytm payment bank has almost no downtime thus the high success rate

Back