• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Idfc select to wealth card.

Around 2 years, I got a message from idfc bank that I am preapproved for idfc select card with 2.1 lakh limit. I applied for it. In the meantime, I several cards were upgraded from regalia to infinia metal, magnus, emaralde and several others. In Jan this year I called idfc bank for limit increase with intention to upgrade to wealth card. I was told there is no such offer. I closed the card and applied again. I was offered secured wow idfc card (lol). Even after stating my super premium credit cards and charge cards. With limits upwards of 8L. On 21st July I got a message from idfc that I am eligible for wealth card with 5L limit. I applied and immediately my application was rejected in 2 seconds. Then 5 days later I received a message from them that my card is approved and dispatched.
This is just for the information for anyone required.
In the meantime in April this year, I did received a message from them to offer 10k balance saving account as zero balance account. Which I opened. I maintained 2k balance in the account. Then on 12th July I did open 2 Rd of 5k each for a year.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I applied today and got offered for Select with 150k CL. I used amzn Pay with 510k . When they called me I told that i want wealth and they said it's generated automatically, Select is already an Premium card. Should I wait and request for Wealth or take Select....
They offered me select with a limit of 425000, then declined it saying office address is same as home address which was a lie & they did not even do any verification. IDFC at times makes 0 sense!

Enthusiast

TF Premier
Yesterday, My Select card got upgraded to Wealth. I have few queries...

1) Now what about Add Ons? will they also upgraded?
2) One of the Add on card holder blocked their select card permanently, will they receive Wealth card now as an Add on?
3) Any charges for cancelling an EMI transaction of IDFC credit card?

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Yeah cancel the card through the app and apply within new hours of cancelling existing card. Enter new number and then proceed ahead with salary of 3 lakhs then see the magic. This work cause you do have premium card in your cc portfolio.
what happens to the existing reward points after you cancel select and apply for wealth?
i actually go the balance transfer offer in feb ig so the points are gonna be credited in may.
after balance transfer i instantly got another spend based offer from them. so i did that aswell.
thats the only reason i am not closing my select card rn.

Last edited:

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I sent idfc my ICICI Amazon Pay Statement with 6.1L limit and got this in response

"With reference to the below-mentioned email, we regret to inform you that currently, as per the limit assigned to your card, we are unable to upgrade your card. In order to upgrade your card, we will need to increase your credit limit, after which we can check if your card is eligible for an upgrade.

Further, we acknowledge the documents that you have shared with us. Hence, we request that you provide us with the latest 3 months bank statement stating Salary Credit with IFSC code and other details reflecting in PDF format"

Few months ago i had sent them my magnus statement with 5.1L limit ,same response

My only option now is to cancel my Select Card of 3.3L limit and apply for a new card in hopes of getting Wealth Card

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
what happens to the existing reward points after you cancel select and apply for wealth?
i actually go the balance transfer offer in feb ig so the points are gonna be credited in may.
after balance transfer i instantly got another spend based offer from them. so i did that aswell.
Ask CC
Or redeem them before closing

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
For me that point in select got lapsed cause I have cancel the card.