• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indian Bank Credit Card Application

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Has anyone been able to get an Indian Bank Credit Card using the online portal?

Planning to get a Rupay Select Card (annual fee 250 from 2nd year, waived off on spends of 50000). But I don't think I have the patience or the energy to visit the branch (they accept C2C for offline applications).

Also, Do we get points for UPI transactions?

After raising to md email, got a response today. They said it maybe due to some issue from npci side. They have raised it to them.

I hope my reversal will remain reversed 😉.
Lol looks like they fixed it quickly 😂. I can now see all the transactions are settled and 3% Forex fee is added in unbilled transactions 🤦‍♂️. Available credit limit is still not reduced though. Let's see what happens in July bill.

This is called , "apne ped pe kulhadi marna". I will ask them for some reward or at least make the card LTF for reporting such bug, But I don't think they will agree.

Hopefully I will get the 25% cashback at least as per Rupay-Discover offer.

@Abhishek012

Lol looks like they fixed it quickly 😂. I can now see all the transactions are settled and 3% Forex fee is added in unbilled transactions 🤦‍♂️. Available credit limit is still not reduced though. Let's see what happens in July bill.

This is called , "apne ped pe kulhadi marna". I will ask them for some reward or at least make the card LTF for reporting such bug, But I don't think they will agree.

Hopefully I will get the 25% cashback at least as per Rupay-Discover offer.

@Abhishek012
Their bank is not enough advanced to allow billing cycle date change(which is a RBI rule) and you think they have system that allows card pricing change?

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, do u have about debit card points? I tried registering on below site many times, but it keeps saying missing profile and raises some ticket, which never gets closed.

That website is useless. I have tried n number of times, all went to vain. Stopped trying !! Don't need their points, better they stuff those in their ***

That website is useless. I have tried n number of times, all went to vain. Stopped trying !! Don't need their points, better they stuff those in their ***
Haha, finally I was able to login somehow. I think it works only if u enter full debit card number in one go without switching apps. And missing profile thing is to be ignored.

I see about 50 points currently with about 150 expired points. Each point is valued at 0.25.

Effectively, 0.125% for first 10000, 0.1875% between 10-30K and 0.25% above 30K spends. Not sure if it is calculated monthly or per transaction. Double points on birthday month.

Can't see any exclusions. Now that Axis has removed rewards for pretty much all credit card payments related mcc, this will be useful. I don't have HDFC/RBL/Indusind debit cards.

Haha, finally I was able to login somehow. I think it works only if u enter full debit card number in one go without switching apps. And missing profile thing is to be ignored.

I see about 50 points currently with about 150 expired points. Each point is valued at 0.25.

Effectively, 0.125% for first 10000, 0.1875% between 10-30K and 0.25% above 30K spends. Not sure if it is calculated monthly or per transaction. Double points on birthday month.

Can't see any exclusions. Now that Axis has removed rewards for pretty much all credit card payments related mcc, this will be useful. I don't have HDFC/RBL/Indusind debit cards.
Shall I give it a try ?

Now I see cashback has been credited under Transaction history. But it is not matching 1% of transaction amount. It is slightly more than 0.5%.

And strangely they have charged some gst amount also. Don't understand what is happening here.

Will need to wait for statement pdf to check properly, as site doesn't show all transactions.

Is ur cashback matching with 1% of transaction amount?

Now I see cashback has been credited under Transaction history. But it is not matching 1% of transaction amount. It is slightly more than 0.5%.

And strangely they have charged some gst amount also. Don't understand what is happening here.

Will need to wait for statement pdf to check properly, as site doesn't show all transactions.

Statement not generated yet

Cashback posted is 0.5%

Back