• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indian Bank Credit Card Application

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Has anyone been able to get an Indian Bank Credit Card using the online portal?

Planning to get a Rupay Select Card (annual fee 250 from 2nd year, waived off on spends of 50000). But I don't think I have the patience or the energy to visit the branch (they accept C2C for offline applications).

Also, Do we get points for UPI transactions?

I'm not gonna raise bro!! That's not worth the hassle
Just to update, I raised to md support and got response that they have revised cb to 0.5% for certain low mdr categories. They didn't tell me the categories. But I did some permutations of 1% and 0.5% to arrive at the number.

Regarding GST part, it was for foreign spends charges. They charged 36% instead of 18% and have agreed to reverse the excess charges.

I have raised it to RBI Ombudsman for cashback, as they changed terms without 30 days notice.

Just to update, I raised to md support and got response that they have revised cb to 0.5% for certain low mdr categories. They didn't tell me the categories. But I did some permutations of 1% and 0.5% to arrive at the number.

I have raised it to RBI Ombudsman, as they changed terms without 30 days notice.
What is the email id of MD?

Lol looks like they fixed it quickly 😂. I can now see all the transactions are settled and 3% Forex fee is added in unbilled transactions 🤦‍♂️. Available credit limit is still not reduced though. Let's see what happens in July bill.

This is called , "apne ped pe kulhadi marna". I will ask them for some reward or at least make the card LTF for reporting such bug, But I don't think they will agree.

Hopefully I will get the 25% cashback at least as per Rupay-Discover offer.

@Abhishek012
As expected, they denied any rewards and even LTF conversion. In fact, they blatantly denied the bug reporting and instead told they they already knew it🤦‍♂️. Won't report next time for sure 😄.

I have now raised to RBI Ombudsman for the reward for reporting/compensation for inconvenience 😅. Let's see if anything works.

Regarding GST part, it was for foreign spends charges. They charged 36% instead of 18% and have agreed to reverse the excess charges.

I have raised it to RBI Ombudsman for cashback, as they changed terms without 30 days notice.
Keep us updated !!

@Harry1 and @Strange
None of the 3rd party apps/ methods working now for Indian Bank Credit Card Bill Payment- I tried Airtel Thanks, HDFC Billpay & SBI Unipay - But all failed.
Its giving error - "Invalid account"
Are you also getting same error ?? Any resolution ??

My credit card bill is due on 4th August 2024 - please tell me how to pay so that it gets credited before the due date !!

@Harry1 and @Strange
None of the 3rd party apps/ methods working now for Indian Bank Credit Card Bill Payment- I tried Airtel Thanks, HDFC Billpay & SBI Unipay - But all failed.

My credit card bill is due on 4th August 2024 - please tell me how to pay so that it gets credited before the due date !!
Yes I am getting the same error.

i dont think they are issuing cards to non account holders & account holders can pay via their indoasis bank and netbanking.
If still is the case then i havnt tried any app though it is mentioned in official doc that you can pay via any billing app.
You can send money through RTGS/NEFT/ IMPS by adding the following details to your existing bank’s Internet/Mobile banking for monthly Credit Card bill payment.
Account Number : INBCC<Your 16 Digit Card Number>
IFSC Code IDIB000N078
Example: INBCC4321123412341234 (No Gap Between INBCC & 16 Digit full card number)

Other Methods, official Source : https://www.indianbank.in/wp-conten...ions-to-pay-Indian-Bank-Credit-Card-bills.pdf

You can try via any UPI app through pay to account option(IMPS at the end basically) via above details INBCC<Your 16 Digit Card Number> & IFSC Code IDIB000N078
try with small payment first, i havnt tried.
@pprakash11 follow this method and do NEFT payment to your credit card.

@Harry1 and @Strange

Yep, they are absolutely shit. Just added billpay for namesake. Reported 1% of bill amount and that too stopped after 2 days. Had to pay through cred with zero cashback.

@Harry1 and @Strange

@Harry1 BBPS issue has been resolved after sending email to MD.

Back