• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IndusInd Bank's Buggy Credit Card Application Process - Application Already Pending

vatsalhk

TF Buzz
Hi everyone,

Writing this post regarding a bank with the worst tech and a non-existent customer service - IndusInd bank.

I hold an exclusive account with IndusInd and last year in July I was given a chance to upgrade my existing credit card (EazyDiner Signature one) to Crest and I went for it. However the welcome benefits offered during the application were never confirmed when I received the card by customer service hence I never activated it yet they wanted to charge the fee for it. I closed the card in October and didn't apply anything after that.

However I wanted to apply LTF legend in March and tried applying via their website. But it showed this repeatedly (I had no application before that, no card and most of all no application at all since this one can't be considered application because there was no OTP asked / entered)

1726989810788.webp
I reached out to their customer care and they took almost ~4 months to figure this. There was so much back and forth and they gave me wrong commitments all along. I even reached out to ombudsman but there's no update there itself since the status says bank is working on it.

Now recently they emailed saying that this has been fixed and I can try an application. Now when I did, they say you already tried earlier and we couldn't validate your PAN with NSDL hence it's declined and we are unable to issue you a card.

Here's the exact email screenshot

1726990154532.webp

The lowest a bank can go. I'd happily accept if it was declined basis any other criteria but this is a complete shady practice by IndusInd.

The executives offline say the PAN had been blocked hence the application wouldn't go through. The bank says they can't block the PAN.

The customer care tries to call from the same number which offers personal loan (I registered a DND with them since I was receiving almost 4-5 calls in 1 day to take personal loan). Now they say they can't reach out to me.

I don't know if IndusInd itends to follow guidelines set by RBI or just violate them all along. All in all this is a disastrous experience even after lodging Ombudsman complaint almost a month back.

Good luck dealing with this bank if in future ever an occassion arises when you need to dispute a transaction. God save you!

If possible, can you check availability of locker, I need to check for a couple of branches/pincodes.
The locker thing needs even more escalations. They just market saying free locker but in real there is never availability UNLESS you take a ULIP or some product via the branch.

Everytime you need something from IndusInd, it always needs an escalation and yet no guaranteed result!

Hi everyone,

Writing this post regarding a bank with the worst tech and a non-existent customer service - IndusInd bank.

I hold an exclusive account with IndusInd and last year in July I was given a chance to upgrade my existing credit card (EazyDiner Signature one) to Crest and I went for it. However the welcome benefits offered during the application were never confirmed when I received the card by customer service hence I never activated it yet they wanted to charge the fee for it. I closed the card in October and didn't apply anything after that.

However I wanted to apply LTF legend in March and tried applying via their website. But it showed this repeatedly (I had no application before that, no card and most of all no application at all since this one can't be considered application because there was no OTP asked / entered)

View attachment 69745
I reached out to their customer care and they took almost ~4 months to figure this. There was so much back and forth and they gave me wrong commitments all along. I even reached out to ombudsman but there's no update there itself since the status says bank is working on it.

Now recently they emailed saying that this has been fixed and I can try an application. Now when I did, they say you already tried earlier and we couldn't validate your PAN with NSDL hence it's declined and we are unable to issue you a card.

View attachment 69748

The lowest a bank can go. I'd happily accept if it was declined basis any other criteria but this is a complete shady practice by IndusInd.

The executives offline say the PAN had been blocked hence the application wouldn't go through. The bank says they can't block the PAN.

The customer care tries to call from the same number which offers personal loan (I registered a DND with them since I was receiving almost 4-5 calls in 1 day to take personal loan). Now they say they can't reach out to me.

I don't know if IndusInd itends to follow guidelines set by RBI or just violate them all along. All in all this is a disastrous experience even after lodging Ombudsman complaint almost a month back.

Good luck dealing with this bank if in future ever an occassion arises when you need to dispute a transaction. God save you!
Indus*nd naam hi kafi hai.

The locker thing needs even more escalations. They just market saying free locker but in real there is never availability UNLESS you take a ULIP or some product via the branch.

Everytime you need something from IndusInd, it always needs an escalation and yet no guaranteed result!
IMG_20240922_184555.webp
Just book it via net banking bro.

Hi everyone,

View attachment 69745

View attachment 69748

Share the same experience. Horrible customer service. Been associated with this bank for 2 years and have countless incident of disappointments.

I myself had bad experiences with their customer care, the careless RM, when we email reachus@indus. It's as if they are not bothered to respond at all.

I sent email to close Indusind Easydiner platinum card on 9 Sept 2024. Still NOTHING has happened. All I know is that they are working on it. Thats what Indusind does.

Hi everyone,

View attachment 69745

View attachment 69748

Happened with me as well.
Thankfully I kept escalating internally and they were able to fix it for me.

The previous application was the Eazydiner's one which you might have applied through their site and they don't have an automated system to remove previous application after some months. So even if you apply after 3 years (which was in my case), the same old application was blocking my new application

Hi everyone,

View attachment 69745

View attachment 69748

I hope in all this commotion, you are still holding on to IndusInd EazyDiner Card. Bank is behind me with an upgrade to EazyDiner and I refuse it as I'm happy with the card.

It's just not Indus alone, every bank does it to some customer in one way or other, Ever heard of AU bank? They have the worst policy in banking today.

There is a proverb, "To this shore the other shore looks green"

While dealing with indusind one needs to be extremely rude and and extremely cautious. They are specially trained to be misleading and shady.
I have Indus Platinum Aura LTF for about 10 years now, upgraded from and earlier card. I have during last year availed the free Rupay card and Easydiner card offer on split limit basis via the website.
They keep calling and offering "special upgrade" with "no annual fees" as a "esteemed customer" or keep offering loans as "you are the best".
For credit card, I tell them that I am not willing to pay any fee including any one time joining fee or anything else and that I will not accept any offer over phone and need it to be in writing by mail from their official ID. I also tell them that the call is being recorded and can be used as evidence in future.
For loans I simply tell them "not required" and if they still continue I simply tell them Amitabh ji has said no means no. If they still continue, I ask them if they are illiterate or did not understand the language I spoke and whether I need to say "no" in a different language. That normally does the trick.
But over last couple of years, the numebr of calls have significantly come down, so they may have put an internal flag to my account for this or something.

I myself had bad experiences with their customer care, the careless RM, when we email reachus@indus. It's as if they are not bothered to respond at all.

I sent email to close Indusind Easydiner platinum card on 9 Sept 2024. Still NOTHING has happened. All I know is that they are working on it. Thats what Indusind does.
raise the issue on rbi and you will get compensation.

Hi everyone,

View attachment 69745

View attachment 69748

This is my experience with IndusInd bank I use their zero balance IndusInd delight account so when my account was opened on the day I was excited but soon my excitement and experience ended as I came to know about their customer experience of long waiting queues and incomplete/unrelated resolution to the problems I faced second problem I encountered was that I got my kit in which I got my debit card but no cheque book I followed through many videos in youtube there I noticed that whoever is applying to this account variant has got a cheque book in there kit so I contacted branch they told to connect with the customer care executive they will resolve this issue I have called around 20 - 30 times to this same problem they said to fill different forms like cass form told to verify signature and other basic details of the account I have done around 4 times the signature and my basic details verified but no use whenever I have applied cheque book after they told me that form is updated so I applied again for the cheque I got around 20 times rejection mails but until the last time I got fed-up and went to branch and yelled to the branch manager told him everytime I come around the same problem and no resolution so I told him do something otherwise I have to go with rbi ombudsman then he felt pity on my situation because I was interacting with other customers who are opening the account so by looking this he called in the cabin and showed me that from the operations team website usually known as Finacle (probably we customers don't know until now when I came to know about this from my specific account they have marked as cheque book not required ) so that's why everytime I apply my cheque book is getting rejected manager explained about this and then he told me directly I can't mark it from here that a customer requires cheque book he told he has to mail the respective backend team to change the option I hope you got my point you can directly contact to the bank or bank manager but this works if and if only you have account with indusInd bank and make sure tell him to check in your finacle and show you what the problem is specific with my card and i have also applied for the indusInd bank legend credit card 2 days hope it approves.

Happened with me as well.
Thankfully I kept escalating internally and they were able to fix it for me.

The previous application was the Eazydiner's one which you might have applied through their site and they don't have an automated system to remove previous application after some months. So even if you apply after 3 years (which was in my case), the same old application was blocking my new application
Exactly. In my case, this was a card closure. And even after removing that, I am not able to apply for a new card.

But yes I tried EazyDiner IndusInd card application and no OTP was sent hence no application.

Last edited:
Back