• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia Add-on card Priority Pass use no longer free in India?

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I just received an add-on Infinia today but the Priority Pass that came with it had a sticker that said:

"Your Priority Pass must be used outside India only. Swiping it within India will attract charges as per the schedule of charges. For lounge visits within India, use your Regalia credit card..."

Does this mean the benefit of domestic use on Add-on Infinia cards is no longer valid or is this some error (possibly a Regalia Priority Pass sticker pasted accidentally)?

PP-AO.jpeg

Last edited:
The sticker mentions "...for lounge visits within India, use your Regalia credit card only." So it could be an error from their side.

Recently, I have used the Infinia Primary and Add-on cards at the Delhi T3 Encalm Lounge (Departures) in May this year. Before the journey, I had called the Infinia Customer Care and checked up with them regarding use of PP Cards. Even though in the MITC of April 2024 it is mentioned that using PP Cards for some CCs will be charged (Infinia is not mentioned in the list of card whose PP Cards will be charged - so it implies that PP Cards of Infinia will not be charged), however, the customer care executive replied that it is better to use Infinia CCs for domestic lounges and Infinia PP Cards for foreign travel in airport lounges. This will preclude any charges to the card holder. Accordingly, I used the Infinia CCs- Primary and Add-on - at T3 Delhi Encalm Lounge and was not charged for the lounge visit.

Also, I have the Mastercard World Infinia. So, even though the MITC of April 2024 mentions that "Rs. 2 will be charged and made void at the POS terminal for MasterCard variant from 1st January 2024 onwards.", in my case the nominal fee of Rs 2 each (for the Primary and the Add-on card) was not re-imbursed and showed up in the statement. I let it pass and did not pursue the matter.

Hope this helps.
One small query regarding Mastercard Infinia lounge access. Isn't it 2 for Visa Infinite and 25 for Mastercard variant??

We have the document that is updated on Nov 2023 in HDFC Website.

1721138129288.webp

One small query regarding Mastercard Infinia lounge access. Isn't it 2 for Visa Infinite and 25 for Mastercard variant??

We have the document that is updated on Nov 2023 in HDFC Website.

View attachment 61285

As per the MITC Ver 2.3 of July 2024 (Page No 7, Para k), "Rs. 2 will be charged and made void at the POS terminal for MasterCard variant from 1st January 2024 onwards." These are the "card Validation charges", a sub-part of the "Service charges levied for transactions", as mentioned in the same MITC. So, Rs 2 shall be deducted while using Infinia Mastercard variant at domestic lounges. The same happened with me - Rs 2 each were deducted for both the Primary and the Add-on card. However, these were not made void and appeared in the statement. I did not flag the issue and let it pass.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: BVC
As per the MITC Ver 2.3 of July 2024 (Page No 7, Para k), "Rs. 2 will be charged and made void at the POS terminal for MasterCard variant from 1st January 2024 onwards." These are the "card Validation charges", a sub-part of the "Service charges levied for transactions", as mentioned in the same MITC. So, Rs 2 shall be deducted while using Infinia Mastercard variant at domestic lounges. The same happened with me - Rs 2 each were deducted for both the Primary and the Add-on card. However, these were not made void and appeared in the statement. I did not flag the issue and let it pass.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the clarification.

Can you please share the document link, so that we will be on update. On web also I found the old on HDFC website.

This happened few days ago on 12th july.

Maa + sister (both magnus addon cc with mastercard network) - Rs.25 deducted validation charges at mumbai domestic adani lounge, both got refunded in 2-3 min.

Bro-inlaw (sbi elite primary cc on visa network), Rs2 deducted for verification, no refund given.

This is what I know of these 2 network. So axis and sbi still follow the Rs25 for mastercard and Rs2 for visa networks.

I use my marriott bonvoy diners cc, they just swipe for verification, no charge deducted.

This happened few days ago on 12th july.

Maa + sister (both magnus addon cc with mastercard network) - Rs.25 deducted validation charges at mumbai domestic adani lounge, both got refunded in 2-3 min.

Bro-inlaw (sbi elite primary cc on visa network), Rs2 deducted for verification, no refund given.

This is what I know of these 2 network.

I use my marriott bonvoy diners cc, they just swipe for verification, no charge deducted.
Yes, this is what happens in actual on MC and Visa network cards usually.

But this is completely new and I have not encountered this. This is just available on MITC but not on Infinia lounges T&C.

Recently I have been charged 25 Void charges with Regalia Gold MC, Citi Prestige MC. So someone has to confirm about this as my Infinia is on Visa Infinite.

Yes, this is what happens in actual on MC and Visa network cards usually.

But this is completely new and I have not encountered this. This is just available on MITC but not on Infinia lounges T&C.

Recently I have been charged 25 Void charges with Regalia Gold MC, Citi Prestige MC. So someone has to confirm about this as my Infinia is on Visa Infinite.
I mean we got our names engraved on the cc itself. Verify that against our DL or aadhaar, no need to cut any money anyways. Make these lounges truly complimentary.

I mean we got our names engraved on the cc itself. Verify that against our DL or aadhaar, no need to cut any money anyways. Make these lounges truly complimentary.
Got your point. But the purpose of validation of the cards is to check whether the cards are active or not and lounge access are valid or not.

For Ex, you close the Magnus card today with validity till 03/27 without validation and giving access doesn't make sense and with spend based lounge access also has to validated with same principle.

Got your point. But the purpose of validation of the cards is to check whether the cards are active or not and lounge access are valid or not.

For Ex, you close the Magnus card today with validity till 03/27 without validation and giving access doesn't make sense and with spend based lounge access also has to validated with same principle.
I totally understand this.

I feel sorry for the accounting guy who have to keep records of all those Rs2 swipes lol

And in a month, thats a lot of validation money, the banks takes it or the lounge or the government ? The banks pays the lounges as they have contracts, but what about these validation money lol

Same like that red dot light on electric meter, it makes a lot of money for the electric company.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I totally understand this.

I feel sorry for the accounting guy who have to keep records of all those Rs2 swipes lol

And in a month, thats a lot of validation money, the banks takes it or the lounge or the government ? The banks pays the lounges as they have contracts, but what about these validation money lol

Same like that red dot light on electric meter, it makes a lot of money for the electric company.
Yes it is what it is. But they might come up with some other better options in near future.

Yes it is what it is. But they might come up with some other better options in near future.
What is required to open such lounges ? We can get few members here and open TF Lounge. It will surely be popular, and we will surely be making money as well.

If anyone do try to make this business work, remember that it was my idea, and i would like to join as well :)

• Lovely
What is required to open such lounges ? We can get few members here and open TF Lounge. It will surely be popular, and we will surely be making money as well.

If anyone do try to make this business work, remember that it was my idea, and i would like to join as well :)
Most of the lounges in India are owned by the same company running the airport. Only given on contract to another company to manage. We'll have to first get an airport.

Back