• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia metal FYF journey

It's because you're going through email channel, these guys like bots, they don't see the whole pic

Go through a branch, things will change
I have tried taking that route too. Bm and their credit card person wanted a very very heavy relationship with hdfc products and I was not that desperate for infinia so I didn't buy their products. I was mostly on ltf cards till now.

I can only imagine what will happen if i enter a branch and say my Gross is 1.2 cr pa 😂
Thanks for your kind words. But trust me, they didn't give me a shit about that and I approached multiple branches of hdfc. Also, ICICI is in a similar boat, they don't care about this to approve emeralde as ltf.

I have tried taking that route too. Bm and their credit card person wanted a very very heavy relationship with hdfc products and I was not that desperate for infinia so I didn't buy their products. I was mostly on ltf cards till now.
My case email was helpful, BM redirected me to credit card guy and he WhatsApp me a form and Chennai address and said print the form fill it and send payslip along with it maybe they will approve.
I was like I already know that why do I need to contact you?
Then the BM had the audacity at month end asking to transfer funds from other bank account just for one day so he could show high balance in his branch

Thanks for your kind words. But trust me, they didn't give me a shit about that and I approached multiple branches of hdfc. Also, ICICI is in a similar boat, they don't care about this to approve emeralde as ltf.
you can get plastic as LTF but not the metal one
now that you have the INFINIA, just switch salary account to ICICI (if not there already)
and they'll increase your credit limit super high super fast
after that it's only a matter of time before you get the Emerald plastic LTF pre approved in their app

My case email was helpful, BM redirected me to credit card guy and he WhatsApp me a form and Chennai address and said print the form fill it and send payslip along with it maybe they will approve.
I was like I already know that why do I need to contact you?
Then the BM had the audacity at month end asking to transfer funds from other bank account just for one day so he could show high balance in his branch
atleast your BM was this much helpful
most of the regular people aren't on TF
so that knowledge is not very common among them
I've been struggling with HDFC for quite some time now and I've faced much worse BM's

you can get plastic as LTF but not the metal one
now that you have the INFINIA, just switch salary account to ICICI (if not there already)
and they'll increase your credit limit super high super fast
after that it's only a matter of time before you get the Emerald plastic LTF pre approved in their app
The app imobile is indeed showing emeralde upgrade but as paid card for which I am not interested, I do have a salary acc in ICICI. I also tried approach rm and other top officials for plastic variant only, got denied every single time.

The app imobile is indeed showing emeralde upgrade but as paid card for which I am not interested, I do have a salary acc in ICICI. I also tried approach rm and other top officials for plastic variant only, got denied every single time.
what's your highest limit on any ICICI card?

Look for other branches, the right person will get anything for you, and at your income level it's not that difficult

Not that it matters anymore, you got infinia,
You can look into this when reserve comes out

I'm surprised,
my RM told me 5L gross pm for Emerald LTF straightaway

I think a carrot and stick approach might work here,
Carrot being shift your salary account to them,
Stick being threaten to close ties with them

I'm surprised,
Whaaat. I got sapphiro duo recently after shows 3.5l net salary being credited to my account that too those F***er charged me the first year fee. Right now fighting with them either to reverse the fee or cancel the card.
Emerald they said no chance for LTF. I don’t have any relationship with ICICI other then Amazon cc

I'm surprised,
If you don't mind, can you share his details, pretty sure he doesn't have a clue, I have personally talked to multiple top notch people in wealth branch of icici, they required 3cr relationship or some similarly crazy 7-8cr total relationship with icici

You could have easily got LTF if you negotiated with bm and cluster head
I tried multiple bm and cluster heads, may be I was unlucky, I was told to buy their useless products for which I was not ready. The problem I see here is I dont have Any relationship with hdfc except 2 credit cards from them, which I don't use much, so they don't consider me a worthy customer may be.

It was assistant branch manager at defence colony branch delhi, i don't have her contact details

I spoke to her like 6 mo. back when i got paid Emerald upgrade on imobile app,

Or maybe I'm mis-remembering, i asked for both LTF Emerald PVC and Paid Emerald Private Metal, she told me two different criteria for both

Last edited:
I tried multiple bm and cluster heads, may be I was unlucky, I was told to buy their useless products for which I was not ready. The problem I see here is I dont have Any relationship with hdfc except 2 credit cards from them, which I don't use much, so they don't consider me a worthy customer may be.
Yup that's it, if you move your salary account to them, they'll start offering you stuff on their own

Back