• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia metal FYF journey

@bhaveshbhai you asked in another thread whether to upgrade from LTF DCB to Infinia when having low spends. You never revealed your high spends on other cards. 😂
Shift your spends on Infinia and enjoy...

@bhaveshbhai you asked in another thread whether to upgrade from LTF DCB to Infinia when having low spends. You never revealed your high spends on other cards. 😂
Shift your spends on Infinia and enjoy...
Sir, as per that thread also, those low spends are in travel (flights and hotels), plus wrt 10L annual charge waiver. Recently 8L spends are not the usual norm in my case, it was hospital expense and I had to use my credit card.

My major expenses are amazon and flipkart through credit card. Sure would try to use infinia for those expenses (and others) from now on. Thanks!

True. I actually love imobile app and a bit better professionalism from icici compared to hdfc (i had salary account with hdfc around 15 years back) and except the emeralde ltf issue, I don't have problems with icici (i strongly feel that their app is just miles ahead compared to any other bank in India today)
I understand your point of view, and changing salary account at frequent intervels can be tiresome,

But if i had your kind of income, i would shop around with different banks and shift my salary account every couple of months to get good cards from them

Even at my current income of 1.2L/mo i want to do that, but sadly i work in an organization where we have to compulsorily open and get salary in a Union bank account, because of corporate tie up, there's a small branch on campus itself
So the only benefit i get is LTF Rupay Select debit card, but nothing else, getting credit card from union is a lot of hassle even after having a salary account

I understand your point of view, and changing salary account at frequent intervels can be tiresome,

But if i had your kind of income, i would shop around with different banks and shift my salary account every couple of months to get good cards from them

Even at my current income of 1.2L/mo i want to do that, but sadly i work in an organization where we have to compulsorily open and get salary in a Union bank account, because of corporate tie up, there's a small branch on campus itself
So the only benefit i get is LTF Rupay Select debit card, but nothing else, getting credit card from union is a lot of hassle even after having a salary account
I was thinking of moving my account from HDFC to something else like the ones who give 6% interest. But it seemed too much effort and then I lose my decade old imperial account. I think that would have some impact on CIBIL.

I was thinking of moving my account from HDFC to something else like the ones who give 6% interest. But it seemed too much effort and then I lose my decade old imperial account. I think that would have some impact on CIBIL.
I don't think Interest would be a good reason to move accounts, getting better cards would be,
In which case HDFC is the best place to be
As far as imperia status is concerned, yes it'll be a loss but I'm assuming it'll be regained once restore your Salary with HDFC

it shouldn't affect cibil at all

I don't think Interest would be a good reason to move accounts, getting better cards would be,
In which case HDFC is the best place to be
As far as imperia status is concerned, yes it'll be a loss but I'm assuming it'll be regained once restore your Salary with HDFC

it shouldn't affect cibil at all
Curious why do you say interest is not a good reason? You get more money for your idle money.
But yeah I have infinia now, probably will use that as a bargain to move my account if they don’t upgrade me to infinia reserve whenever that launches

Curious why do you say interest is not a good reason? You get more money for your idle money.
But yeah I have infinia now, probably will use that as a bargain to move my account if they don’t upgrade me to infinia reserve whenever that launches
Because interest on savings is quite less as it is, few percentage here and there doesn't make much difference,
FDs and RDs are much better when it comes to interest

As such i only keep spending money and some emergency funds in my savings account, rest goes into either FD or investments

But maybe it might be different for someone maintains a high amount in savings account as well

I tried something similar. I had 17.5L spent in 6 months on my Amex Plat. I have HDFC Millennia LTF with a 4L limit which has very minimal or no spending, the CL on it was increased to 12.3L in July 2024, after which I wrote an email to CC, the Credit Card team, Grievance redressal team, with the Amex Plat spends, salary slips, and also tried threatening to remove all FDs, accounts held by the family, etc (total value of 60L). But they did not budge and declined to give Infinia. My RM, BM & CC person in my home branch was getting screwed by the bank since they did not want to lose a customer, but still, they did not approve Infinia.
My RM said she would try to get approval from the executive team, and explained there is a process for them to get exceptional approval but it takes 3 months. Also, my balance is not high in my account, I had the "Preferred Banking" tier, and recently, with an even lower balance, I got upgraded to the "Imperia Banking" tier. (I could not understand the logic behind this unusual upgrade)
After looking at all the nonsense from HDFC, I have decided Infinia is not worth it now, I will not be pursuing it anymore.

Last edited:
Total 60L fd would qualify you for imperia if all the family accounts are under one group
60L includes multiple FDs + savings accounts, but they are not grouped under a family account. The BM knows which accounts belong to the same family in our case though. The RM has not contacted me after that, they are probably worried I will close everything in their branch. (which I might if they give me enough incentive to do so)

Also @bhaveshbhai why not look into Amex Plat Charge once,

Your lifestyle and spending matches your income, it might be worth it for you
Sir, I am a person who has mostly used either ltf cards or at max 500/- charge cards like flipkart, ace, simply click. Infinia is my first card which is costly, can't think of cards like platinum charge for 66k where I have liabilities to think how to make full use and upgrade my lifestyle accordingly. Actually, my major expenses are amazon, school fees and flipkart, around 5-8 lakhs per annum. I don't travel much except may be once a year. 🙏🙏

Sir, I am a person who has mostly used either ltf cards or at max 500/- charge cards like flipkart, ace, simply click. Infinia is my first card which is costly, can't think of cards like platinum charge for 66k where I have liabilities to think how to make full use and upgrade my lifestyle accordingly. Actually, my major expenses are amazon, school fees and flipkart, around 5-8 lakhs per annum. I don't travel much except may be once a year. 🙏🙏
that's true, one should never upgrade lifestyle in proportion to salary
that will only lead to misery as there's always a better lifestyle and climbing the ladder isn't worth it
in order to create wealth, one should more or less lead a comfortable lifestyle and not upgrade further and after that point every salary hike or every business expansion will create more corpus for you

I tried something similar. I had 17.5L spent in 6 months on my Amex Plat. I have HDFC Millennia LTF with a 4L limit which has very minimal or no spending, the CL on it was increased to 12.3L in July 2024, after which I wrote an email to CC, the Credit Card team, Grievance redressal team, with the Amex Plat spends, salary slips, and also tried threatening to remove all FDs, accounts held by the family, etc (total value of 60L). But they did not budge and declined to give Infinia. My RM, BM & CC person in my home branch was getting screwed by the bank since they did not want to lose a customer, but still, they did not approve Infinia.
My RM said she would try to get approval from the executive team, and explained there is a process for them to get exceptional approval but it takes 3 months. Also, my balance is not high in my account, I had the "Preferred Banking" tier, and recently, with an even lower balance, I got upgraded to the "Imperia Banking" tier. (I could not understand the logic behind this unusual upgrade)
After looking at all the nonsense from HDFC, I have decided Infinia is not worth it now, I will not be pursuing it anymore.
when did this happen? did the 3 months pass?

Back