• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 and 16 Pro Launch Prices

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
iPhone 16 Pro launched at the same launch price as 15 Pro, at $999 (+taxes) in the USA.
Surprisingly, India price is 120k, which is *15k lower than 15 Pro launch price. I think this is the first instance that iPhone prices have ever been dropped.

After card discount of 5k, and no cost EMI discount of another 5k, the final price comes to 110k.
iPhone 16 Pro, 128 GB at 110k.Not a bad price at launch.

Discount and No cost emi partners are all 3 giants - Amex, Axis and ICICI.
Price can come down from 110k to ~100k if we use some cards for RP. Pretty good deal I’d say.

Unfortunate that the base Pro model is still 128 gigs, but a good deal nonetheless.

Edit: Thanks @Prav for pointing out that 15 Pro launched at 135k and not 125k. 16 Pro being discounted 15k at launch is insane.

1725912676532.webp

Last edited:
I think Apple is relying heavily on revenue from services (Apple music, TV, iCloud etc) as well as accessories - AirPods, watch.

Rightly so, everybody wins. Cheaper iPhone for simple users.

Hi guys
Will amex reward multiplier work for pre booking of iphone 16 on 13 September
on apple website/ instore

I think 128 Gb is good enough for many, it's good to have a base model with that memory
True, true. I still use 128 gigs in my phone. My iPad mini is 64 gigs. My Mac has 512 gigs, but I have hardly 100 gigs filled. This is to point out that most of our stuff is entirely on cloud (pictures etc) or streaming services (no more movie storage on device).

iCloud is also cheap, Rs 200 for 200 GB, and Rs 750 for 2TB. Much cheaper if shared among family/friends that many people do.
This is like extending iPhone storage on demand.

My original perspective was drawn from the mission that Apple follows - going beyond the market competition and delivering something extra ordinary. Such as their camera systems, processors, RAM management, durability, iOS support (and now battery life too). Talk about accessories integration and support!

Apple leads the market by a margin on these. Maybe they should offer 256 gigs at a minimum, and 90Hz at least on base iPhone models - at the existing prices. Yes, it would cannibalise sales of iCloud and Pro models.
But a man can hope :man-shrugging:.

iPhone 16 Pro launched at the same launch price as 15 Pro, at $999 (+taxes) in the USA.
Surprisingly, India price is 120k, which is 5k lower than 15 Pro launch price. I think this is the first instance that iPhone prices have ever been dropped.

After card discount of 5k, and no cost EMI discount of another 5k, the final price comes to 110k.
iPhone 16 Pro, 128 GB at 110k.Not a bad price at launch.

Discount and No cost emi partners are all 3 giants - Amex, Axis and ICICI.
Price can come down from 110k to ~100k if we use some cards for RP. Pretty good deal I’d say.

Unfortunate that the base Pro model is still 128 gigs, but a good deal nonetheless.
15 k cheaper from last year
And only 5k is the discount on no cost emi

15 k cheaper from last year
And only 5k is the discount on no cost emi
WOW, I stand corrected. 15 Pro 128 GB launched at 135k? That is a lot. Can you please share a web page link for this? I'm trying to write a post but I couldn't find any webpages that mention this price.

Edit: Never mind, found it on the wayback machine :)

1725910804783.webp

In Thailand, the phone is 48900 THB for Pro Max.
2600 THB Vat refund you get.

46,300 THB effective price which translates to ~1.15L INR for Pro Max. Basically you get Max 256 GB for the base price of Pro.

Flights can range from 18-22k INR return + No Visa needed for Indians for 2 months.

Edit: With Infinia, 2.3% RR. 1,124.7 THB approx ~ ₹ 2,788.76 INR. So about ₹1.12L if we consider reward points.

Since the phones are being made in India, they've gotten cheaper.

But... but.... but.... the GST, cess and other taxes are still applied so the prices are still higher than other countries.

Not to forget, if they still continue 6k-8k cashback like they did last year, it might get even cheaper.
(Though the HDFC partnership has ended, the are still other credit cards that can get you a good discount)

Will amex reward multiplier work for pre booking of iphone 16 on 13 September
on apple website/ instore

This is to point out that most of our stuff is entirely on cloud (pictures etc)
I wouldn't recommend that. And if you seriously need cloud services for pictures then encrypt the data first.
In the era of AI, any content available would be used to train the data model.

I wouldn't recommend that. And if you seriously need cloud services for pictures then encrypt the data first.
In the era of AI, any content available would be used to train the data model.
Agreed. I go one step further and not store any pictures anywhere that can hurt us if compromised. Even phone storage is not safe, with all the apps having storage permissions.

Back