• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 and 16 Pro Launch Prices

Also looking at the prices, Japan’s price is lower than Dubai’s. Will there be any VAT refund? If yes, the pricing will be reduced much further!!!
Dekho I bought a Citizen watch from the Airport, and I don't remember if a VAT was charged.

It is best to call/chat with Japan Apple store and ask the same question. Mind you, to get a VAT refund, the phone must be in unopened state until you leave the country.

What i had read in a few articles that Japan gov stopped giving VAT refund on Apple purchases

I will still say the best place to buy 16 Pro would be SG duty free at around 1400 SGD

What i had read in a few articles that Japan gov stopped giving VAT refund on Apple purchases

I will still say the best place to buy 16 Pro would be SG duty free at around 1400 SGD
Iska link share karo sir - SG duty free @1400 SGD.

I could only find SG Apple store prices at SGD 1600, with GST refund of SGD 133 brings down final price to SGD 1466 (= INR 94k). This is slightly higher than Japan.

Last edited:

Perfect.. my layover is at Singapore 😁 thanks for the info mate. Any information that I should remember if I am buying from SG duty free? First timer, so appreciate even the tiniest of the details 🙏🏽

One of my friends told me that if we show our passport, the shop will return some 10% as refund. He shopped a watch in yodobashi. Hence I am not sure if it’s applicable for iPhones.
Dekho I bought a Citizen watch from the Airport, and I don't remember if a VAT was charged.

It is best to call/chat with Japan Apple store and ask the same question. Mind you, to get a VAT refund, the phone must be in unopened state until you leave the country

+ @Swastik What would be the reward rate for Amex here? Considering the 4L milestone for some cards is reached.
I wouldn't put it on my Plat Travel after 4L spends finished,
Reward rate would be around 1.5% cash or 3% on Marriot/Taj redemption
But if 4L not reached, then reward rate shoots upto 8.5%

And MRCC or Gold card is no good here

Consider looking into HDFC cards, if i were to buy it next week, i would go with my DCB

Perfect.. my layover is at Singapore 😁 thanks for the info mate. Any information that I should remember if I am buying from SG duty free? First timer, so appreciate even the tiniest of the details 🙏🏽
I'd recommend you to watch a YouTube video by some user who's bought the phone recently. We have videos from Vietnam, Dubai, Japan etc.

One of my friends told me that if we show our passport, the shop will return some 10% as refund. He shopped a watch in yodobashi. Hence I am not sure if it’s applicable for iPhones.
Oh right, how could I forget. You are absolutely right. Which cities do you plan to visit? Tokyo and Osaka have brands that offer this tax refund (can't remember if it is exactly 10% or lower). There's something called Don Quixote that's also a famous low price store.

I think 128 Gb is good enough for many, it's good to have a base model with that memory
Trust me as an user of Apple iPhone from 2014, 128GB in today's date is not at all sufficient with the kind of Photos and system files generated. A minimum of 256GB is required and Apple has cleverly priced 256GB variant.

Even in India 256GB iPhone ** Pro is the best selling and they have their huge margins there.

I wouldn't put it on my Plat Travel after 4L spends finished,
Reward rate would be around 1.5% cash or 3% on Marriot/Taj redemption
But if 4L not reached, then reward rate shoots upto 8.5%

And MRCC or Gold card is no good here

Consider looking into HDFC cards, if i were to buy it next week, i would go with my DCB
My words were unclear. Amex milestone has not been reached (I don't have the card yet, I would get it if the reward rate is high - like you suggested).

I do have DCB, but the reward rate here would be ~3% after forex markup?

I'd recommend you to watch a YouTube video by some user who's bought the phone recently. We have videos from Vietnam, Dubai, Japan etc.

Oh right, how could I forget. You are absolutely right. Which cities do you plan to visit? Tokyo and Osaka have brands that offer this tax refund (can't remember if it is exactly 10% or lower). There's something called Don Quixote that's also a famous low price store.
Thank you let me check the videos. I am planning to visit Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Mt Fuji and Takayama. I heard that the refund is 10%.

Apple event yesterday was the most lackluster one ever.

Anyways, I am not looking to change as I got 15 plus last November and it's doing well for me with battery % just recently shifted from 100 to 99%.
However, might plan a trip to Malaysia in next 6 months and if that happens then will pick a 16 pro max from there.

Good to see Apple finally reduced some price on pro models in India but they are still much more than other Asian countries.

My words were unclear. Amex milestone has not been reached (I don't have the card yet, I would get it if the reward rate is high - like you suggested).

I do have DCB, but the reward rate here would be ~3% after forex markup?
I haven't started using DCB on smartbuy yet, but if you're buying donestic, you should look into that

And buying from aborad is a whole different thing with forex markup added

Apple event yesterday was the most lackluster one ever.

Anyways, I am not looking to change as I got 15 plus last November and it's doing well for me with battery % just recently shifted from 100 to 99%.
However, might plan a trip to Malaysia in next 6 months and if that happens then will pick a 16 pro max from there.

Good to see Apple finally reduced some price on pro models in India but they are still much more than other Asian countries.
Good to see they reduced prices, but they inflated during 15 pro and reduced now.

Apple usually have a markup even on Dollar- Rupee exchange rate too.

Back