• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 and 16 Pro Launch Prices

My words were unclear. Amex milestone has not been reached (I don't have the card yet, I would get it if the reward rate is high - like you suggested).

I do have DCB, but the reward rate here would be ~3% after forex markup?
Also ,8.5% only works out if buy Apple through Amex Reward Multiplier,

If buying abroad, it would be like 7% before deducting forex markup

Been using iphones since 3GS. Until iphone 6; i used to upgrade every year; but post 6 it's been alternate year.
Last I got 14, now I plan to extend my usage to 3 year (atleast). So probably i18 will be my next buy.

Like iPhones where initially exciting every year; they are not anymore. The delta upgrade is not worth the money anymore & neither the satisfaction.
With AI being introduced, next 2 years will get alot of new features; so you'll miss something or other; i you buy now/next

when will it become absolutely necessary to upgrade ?

What i had read in a few articles that Japan gov stopped giving VAT refund on Apple purchases

I will still say the best place to buy 16 Pro would be SG duty free at around 1400 SGD
What abount 16 pro max.
i am going to in novermber.

Unfortunate that the base Pro model is still 128 gigs, but a good deal nonetheless.

Edit: Thanks @Prav for pointing out that 15 Pro launched at 135k and not 125k. 16 Pro being discounted 15k at launch is insane.
"Shocking misuse of 'deal,' 'discounted,' and 'insane'!"

I would say if you still want to buy an iphone (i dont see any reason why one should I have an s23u and it will absolutely mop the floor with any iphone..mentioned the name of my phone here only for those who think spending money requires or worse gives some special privilege or I am saying this as people's fav counter is angoor khatte/cant afford etc) just wait for the next bbd..probably the same phones will sell for 30-40% discount or even more if you exchange...

Also, if you want to buy a phone and be financially prudent...dont spend 1L on a phone just buy a 30-40k android phone....it will work great for a few years...replace battery for 2-3k in 3-4 years and then reuse if you want or sell it off and buy a new phone...probably you can open an MF with 1L today and start buying phones for life with return in 3 years time

Last edited:
Pricing is already out on apple.com/sg/ and you can add 70-100 more sgd to current SG Duty Free of 15 Pro Max price
My guess is that it will be 170 - 180 SGD more than current 15 pro max SGD price which is around 1680...atleast till January. Let wait for someone to verify

Been using iphones since 3GS. Until iphone 6; i used to upgrade every year; but post 6 it's been alternate year.
Last I got 14, now I plan to extend my usage to 3 year (atleast). So probably i18 will be my next buy.

Like iPhones where initially exciting every year; they are not anymore. The delta upgrade is not worth the money anymore & neither the satisfaction.
With AI being introduced, next 2 years will get alot of new features; so you'll miss something or other; i you buy now/next
I feel that ai feature is useless in apple
And also who opens camera so frequently, button is waste though

I don’t think as of now amex will provide 5x rewards for iPhone 16 series
Exclusions :- iPhone 16, iPhone 16 Plus, iPhone 16 Pro, iPhone 16 Pro Max, Apple Watch Series 10, AirPods 4, Apple Vision Pro, Apple Pro Display XDR, All Bose Products, All Beats Products, trade in parts, gift cards, gift wrap, Apple Developer Programs, AppleCare+ monthly subscription, and shipping.

Updated today morning

Back