• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

iPhone 16 and 16 Pro Launch Prices

Sorry, buying from apple directly is out of question now,

The only way left is to buy Amazon vouchers and then use those,

I will upgrade from 15 to 16 pro . Will use 5k instant off , NCEMI discount, Amex Platinum Travel Milestone. On top of all these GST refund !

Will cost me less than 80k post GST refund .
I am looking for 128GB only as that’s enough for me .

Also Pro Max is a big no as quite uncomfortable size for my palms !

Last edited:
iPhone 16 Pro launched at the same launch price as 15 Pro, at $999 (+taxes) in the USA.
Surprisingly, India price is 120k, which is *15k lower than 15 Pro launch price. I think this is the first instance that iPhone prices have ever been dropped.

After card discount of 5k, and no cost EMI discount of another 5k, the final price comes to 110k.
iPhone 16 Pro, 128 GB at 110k.Not a bad price at launch.

Discount and No cost emi partners are all 3 giants - Amex, Axis and ICICI.
Price can come down from 110k to ~100k if we use some cards for RP. Pretty good deal I’d say.

Unfortunate that the base Pro model is still 128 gigs, but a good deal nonetheless.

Edit: Thanks @Prav for pointing out that 15 Pro launched at 135k and not 125k. 16 Pro being discounted 15k at launch is insane.

View attachment 68295
Apple moved its manufacturing of iPhone 16 Pro to India from China, starting this year onwards. That’s why iPhone 16 Pro is much cheaper, whereas the Pro max costs the same as it’s still being manufactured in China.

Reactions: BVC
I will upgrade from 15 to 16 pro . Will use 5k instant off , NCEMI discount, Rewards Multiplier and Amex Platinum Travel Milestone. On top of all these GST refund !

Will cost me less than 80k post GST refund .
I am looking for 128GB only as that’s enough for me .

Also Pro Max is a big no as quite uncomfortable size for my palms !
As @Swastik mentioned in his earlier post, RM is not eligible for newly launched iPhone 16 Pro models.

Apple moved its manufacturing of iPhone 16 Pro to India from China, starting this year onwards. That’s why iPhone 16 Pro is much cheaper, whereas the Pro max costs the same as it’s still being manufactured in China.
All the phones available on launch will be China made only I think. By December 2024 we might get Made in India Pro models, I don't have the source link, but remember read it somewhere on internet recently. And recent import duty reduction also played role.

Best way to buy Amazon Shopping voucher?
Pls guide
Through Amex Reward Multiplier on Gyftr,
10k limit per mobile number,
Not card number, so you can manage 40-50k per month, and the you can buy with in 2-3 months

It becomes faster if you've got multiple Amex cards and multiple numbers, or even add on cards

Mobile number need not be the one attached to card number,

Last edited:
Isn't Pro max cheaper by 15k as well?

15 Pro Max launched at 160k.

So i need to create an LLC or a proprietorship??
If you have a actual business and you are registered for GST, you do not get a discount but you can claim input credit in GST and use it for future GST payments, if you do not run a business no point registering it, it will be better if you can use GSTN of a relative or friend and they will pay you back in cash.

Back