• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is HDFC Sending Massive Limit Enhancement Offers?

Upgraded neu plus to infinity in June this year along with LE from 2 L to 5L by income documents. Spending 1 L each month on this card.

Hopefully I will get LE after 6 months, card upgrade option is not important for me.

I am seeing similar posts on reddit for some time now (atleast 1 Month+).
Many people received similar LE increase offer with no logical reason behind it, per the discussion many of them have not used there CC for even 10K throughout the past couple of years. Few with just 6 months got this offer.
HDFC is just FUNNY at times :hehe:
Jisko chahiye use deta nahi hai. Jisko nahi chahiye usko chappar phad ke de raha hai

fun comedy GIF by ZEE5

I am seeing similar posts on reddit for some time now (atleast 1 Month+).
Many people received similar LE increase offer with no logical reason behind it, per the discussion many of them have not used there CC for even 10K throughout the past couple of years. Few with just 6 months got this offer.
HDFC is just FUNNY at times :hehe:
Jisko chahiye use deta nahi hai. Jisko nahi chahiye usko chappar phad ke de raha hai

fun comedy GIF by ZEE5
Seems, They have the data for the people who are requesting and they are avoiding them. Giving to users who are not requesting and doesn't care.

Not sure why people who are not using CC for even 10k per month need limit of 10 lakh.

One very good reason: Being ready for Medical Emergencies !

...Start using the card and you will get LE automatically..

I've got loads of automatic periodic LEs over the years without using some of my cards much at all !

..If bank is not offering LE then it means you are not credit worthy for the bank...

What does getting huge LEs but no offers for any upgrades indicate ?!

Got an increase of around 2.5 lakhs on my Infinia a few days ago. The card is about 7 months old and have spent around 7 lakhs in it so far. First ever limit increase from HDFC. So I am delighted!

Reactions: BVC
One very good reason: Being ready for Medical Emergencies !
I understand but here on this forum people have tons of cards so best strategy is to keep maximum spending on best CC (primary CC) in the pocket and get max limit on that card...Once you get good limit then apply for other cards and you will get similar Limit as on existing cards.

What does getting huge LEs but no offers for any upgrades indicate ?!

As per my little knowledge from banking friends, sometimes banks increase LE as a trigger to increase usage on the card...Banks think this customer might not be using the card because of low limit...However, if they do not see any increased usage after LE then they stop offering LE and upgrades.

If after LE, user start using the card then the probability of getting upgrade is high.

Got an increase of around 2.5 lakhs on my Infinia a few days ago. The card is about 7 months old and have spent around 7 lakhs in it so far. First ever limit increase from HDFC. So I am delighted!
That exactly is my point...If you are using the card then bank will continue to increase limit to induce more usage on the card

Not sure why people who are not using CC for even 10k per month need limit of 10 lakh....
I feel two reasons, one being financial emergency (Like Medical, or others) other being higher CL for high card aspiration. But in most cases 5L on credit card is more than sufficient. I have locked all my card setting for txn of below 1L.
Start using the card and you will get LE automatically....If bank is not offering LE then it means you are not credit worthy for the bank...Simply close the card and move on in life..... There is no point cribbing
Yes and no sometimes.

As per my little knowledge from banking friends, sometimes banks increase LE as a trigger to increase usage on the card

Hehe.... Imagine HDFC trying to induce increased usage on the Moneyback CC with LE !

...Banks think this customer might not be using the card because of low limit...However, if they do not see any increased usage after LE then they stop offering LE and upgrades.

If after LE, user start using the card then the probability of getting upgrade is high.

It has been long since I had limits too low to use the Moneyback! I just stopped using it as I acquired much better cards from other banks. Yet they kept on offering me larger and larger limits even when I hadn't used the already existing limits to even 10% !

I even told them I'm not daft enough to use the card when I have much better cards available. And if they can't offer reasonable upgrades because of the logical non-use, then I won't be offering them any upgrades to my current relationship level with them either!

Last edited:
Not sure why people who are not using CC for even 10k per month need limit of 10 lakh....Start using the card and you will get LE automatically....If bank is not offering LE then it means you are not credit worthy for the bank...Simply close the card and move on in life..... There is no point cribbing
One answer: "Ego Massage"
People want to hv bloated egos by getting LEs every few months. So that they can stitch credit limit on their chest pocket & show-off.

Or in a fight, instead of saying " Pata hai mera baap kaun hai", they can say " Pata hai mera limit kitna hai", and win over the fight.

/s

Last edited:
Back