• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? Is it worth it?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I'm self-employed and have a CIBIL score of around 775 with no enquiries in the past one year. I don't have any existing relationship with IndusInd Bank.

I'm curious, is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? My sole purpose to obtain this card is to open the Select savings account as it has a zero MAB requirement and provides an LTF debit card.

Is this card easily approved though? And is it still worth it?

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed response.

Is there a specific reason why a cheque isn't recommended? I thought providing a cheque was standard practice when opening a new account at the branch, even if the account is opened there online in a tab.

Also, how does initial funding with a debit card work? Do they send a link for that?

I came across a user’s experience where they had both a Select Savings Account and a Legend Credit Card linked to the same Netbanking/Mobile Banking ID, yet they were still charged non-maintenance fees. This is why I’m considering mentioning the CIF number to the branch.

Speaking of CIF, do you know if the CIF number is included in the welcome kit for the credit card?
As long as you don't create a mobile banking id for your legend credit card, it'll have no CIF attached to it.

So after you open the bank account, you create net banking id and mobile banking id using debit card and the welcome kit

and then link the legend cc in mobile banking up. It's the simplest way to go about it

No worries about cif as long as you don't create mobile banking id with credit card

Thanks for the detailed response.

Is there a specific reason why a cheque isn't recommended? I thought providing a cheque was standard practice when opening a new account at the branch, even if the account is opened there online in a tab.
yes, it's a standard practice but I don't recommend it bcoz they sometimes don't clear cheques for a long time
It took around 25 days for them to clear my mother's IP Cheque
Also, how does initial funding with a debit card work? Do they send a link for that?
yes, they'll send u link to pay the IP amount
I came across a user’s experience where they had both a Select Savings Account and a Legend Credit Card linked to the same Netbanking/Mobile Banking ID, yet they were still charged non-maintenance fees. This is why I’m considering mentioning the CIF number to the branch.
In Indusind bank there's only one CIF number for a cust and diff customer IDs that's why I suggested u to ask branch or cs team to map ur card to savings acc so that u will not be levied any non maint fee, Linking both sometimes don't work
Speaking of CIF, do you know if the CIF number is included in the welcome kit for the credit card?
Yes

As long as you don't create a mobile banking id for your legend credit card, it'll have no CIF attached to it.

So after you open the bank account, you create net banking id and mobile banking id using debit card and the welcome kit

and then link the legend cc in mobile banking up. It's the simplest way to go about it

No worries about cif as long as you don't create mobile banking id with credit card
Y E S , I forgot to mention this
thank u

So, after my Legend credit card arrives, what you mean is, I shouldn't set anything up? And then go to the branch to create a Select savings account and after I get the welcome kit, I should set up Netbanking and Mobile Banking for the savings account followed by linking the Legend credit card to the savings account's netbanking. Right?

These kind of issues happened with those of us who had legend cc well before opening select account. So we created mobile banking id with CC

Since you're doing them back to back, you'll be in the clear

yes, it's a standard practice but I don't recommend it bcoz they sometimes don't clear cheques for a long time
It took around 25 days for them to clear my mother's IP Cheque

yes, they'll send u link to pay the IP amount

In Indusind bank there's only one CIF number for a cust and diff customer IDs that's why I suggested u to ask branch or cs team to map ur card to savings acc so that u will not be levied any non maint fee, Linking both sometimes don't work

Yes
Thank you, @Fini7777 and @Sriim. I really appreciate your help!

Their systems seem incredibly complex—I'm surprised they've managed to stay in the market for so long. I've never had to worry about such things for other banks. 🫣

I'm self-employed and have a CIBIL score of around 775 with no enquiries in the past one year, and I filed ITR-3 recently with an annual income of around ₹6.5L in the FY 2023-24. I don't have any existing relationship with IndusInd Bank. The highest credit limit I have in any of my credit cards is ~₹1,60,000 (HDFC).

I'm curious, is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? My sole purpose to obtain this card is to open the Select savings account as it has a zero MAB requirement and provides an LTF debit card.

Is this card easily approved though? And is it still worth it?
The answer to is it worth it? :

I was only able to use Legend 2 times in past 1 Yr+ and both was for free timesprime membership from Visa offers.
I do not see this card being useful for any other occasion. the BMS offer is also worth the note, however, I do get better priced tickets with IDFC Wealth.

If you do not have a good basket of CC, the Legend CC is worth a shot. Alternatively, I would recommend to go for the free eazydiner card :)

I was only able to use Legend 2 times in past 1 Yr+ and both was for free timesprime membership from Visa offers.
I do not see this card being useful for any other occasion. the BMS offer is also worth the note, however, I do get better priced tickets with IDFC Wealth.

If you do not have a good basket of CC, the Legend CC is worth a shot. Alternatively, I would recommend to go for the free eazydiner card :)
Thank you. The EazyDiner card was also in the list of cards being shown to me, but I ignored it, since I mostly eat homemade food, and rarely avail restaurant offers. 😋

However, the sole motivation was to get the Select debit card as LTF, as I've often seen amazing debit card offers in BigBasket and other grocery apps—some of which even beat my Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank credit card. Apart from the Tata Neu Infinity one, I only have the Amazon Pay ICICI, ICICI Coral RuPay, and IDFC FIRST Classic credit cards in my portfolio. So, I don't have many great cards.

Thank you. The EazyDiner card was also in the list of cards being shown to me, but I ignored it, since I mostly eat homemade food, and rarely avail restaurant offers. 😋

However, the sole motivation was to get the Select debit card as LTF, as I've often seen amazing debit card offers in BigBasket and other grocery apps—some of which even beat my Tata Neu Infinity HDFC Bank credit card. Apart from the Tata Neu Infinity one, I only have the Amazon Pay ICICI, ICICI Coral RuPay, and IDFC FIRST Classic credit cards in my portfolio. So, I don't have many great cards.
getting Legend LTF will definitely not burn a hole in your pocket :hehe:
and regarding the Select Debit Card, I am sure there are dedicated posts about the cheapest way to grab a rupay select DC. explore your options.

Also, we have few friendly IndusInd Bankers who can help you to get the 0 MAB account with LTF legend (Pinnacle comes conditional LTF). You can discuss with them on the probability of Select DC with IndusInd account!

getting Legend LTF will definitely not burn a hole in your pocket :hehe:
and regarding the Select Debit Card, I am sure there are dedicated posts about the cheapest way to grab a rupay select DC. explore your options.

Also, we have few friendly IndusInd Bankers who can help you to get the 0 MAB account with LTF legend (Pinnacle comes conditional LTF). You can discuss with them on the probability of Select DC with IndusInd account!
He's looking for indusind visa select dc or select mc world dc

Afaik indusind doesn't issue rupay select dc as of now

I've found the card really worth it though. I got it for the BMS bogo but ended up getting more out of it.

1. The select DC's rewarding cc payments is something i use every month
2. something that's not talked about enough, is there's no limit (50 is a big number) to the number of times you can withdraw cash from atm. Even though i don't need it every month, I've always felt 3/5 times limit in other banks was a hindrance at times.
3. The savings interest rate and FD rates are more than competitive.
4. The free times prime membership is a plus as well.
5. I also got 25% CB (Rs 1750) on 7k grocery and dining spends for opening SB after getting CC (offer is no more)

In the end, I've used the other benefits far more than the one i got the card for (used the BOGO only once). For a LTF card, it has added a lot of value to my portfolio

There are also other offers on the debit card like bigbasket and BMS BOGO that I don't use currently

What a disastrous bank IndusInd is! The physical Legend card was delivered to me just now. On the paper where the card was pasted, the credit limit shows as ₹75,000! Whereas at the time of application, it was being shown as ₹1,32,000!

Also, even for a "premium" card, the card's material seems awful. It feels flimsy and weak. I've seen a better quality with PSU bank debit cards.

I'm not sure whether to proceed to create a savings account with them or not.

I'll also escalate the issue regarding incorrect credit limit to their customer care because the credit limit shown there was "after" my CIBIL was accessed! It has never happened with another bank with me. Will also not activate and give a closure request if they don't comply.

What a disastrous bank IndusInd is! The physical Legend card was delivered to me just now. On the paper where the card was pasted, the credit limit shows as ₹75,000! Whereas at the time of application, it was being shown as ₹1,32,000!

Also, even for a "premium" card, the card's material seems awful. It feels flimsy and weak. I've seen a better quality with PSU bank debit cards.

I'll also escalate the issue regarding incorrect credit limit to their customer care because the credit limit shown there was "after" my CIBIL was accessed! It has never happened with another bank with me. Will also not activate and give a closure request if they don't comply.

Moreover, what pisses me off more is, in both the email as well as their application page showed "Limit: ₹1,32,000", not "Upto ₹1,32,000". So, this is cheating!

you have had any kind of banking relationship with indusind before this?

Lol! Exactly the same happened with me. Mine was delivered today as well and I was surprised to see 75k limit when I was shown ~125k at the time of applying. I am not sure if reaching out to them would be of any help because this bank has the worst customer support of all. I had to seek RBI BO's help just to get my RMN updated for my Select account. Pathetic!

But let me know if you email your concern to them, I'll try my luck too.

But let me know if you email your concern to them, I'll try my luck too.
Sure thing, mate. I will email the Level 2 Support first, followed by Level 3 Support (Nodal) and then RBI Ambujacementsman.

As the "legends" say, "First Impression is the Last Impression," this is a warning beforehand for what's about to come.

I'm now worried, what if in the future if I have the Select savings account and they upgrade my card to something else? That would make the Select savings account a non-zero MAB requirement one. 🫣 Which is why I won't open a Select savings account now, as their IT infrastructure is still stuck in the Indus Valley civilization.

Back