• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? Is it worth it?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I'm self-employed and have a CIBIL score of around 775 with no enquiries in the past one year. I don't have any existing relationship with IndusInd Bank.

I'm curious, is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? My sole purpose to obtain this card is to open the Select savings account as it has a zero MAB requirement and provides an LTF debit card.

Is this card easily approved though? And is it still worth it?

Last edited:
I'm now worried, what if in the future if I have the Select savings account and they upgrade my card to something else? That would make the Select savings account a non-zero MAB requirement one. 🫣 Which is why I won't open a Select savings account now, as their IT infrastructure is still stuck in the Indus Valley civilization.
u no need to worry about that bcozz u hardly get an upgrade offer if u have limit <1L in Indusind 🤣
I was stuck with 88k limit for 2 yrs did not get a single LE or upgrade, Finally closed my card yesterday

Even if u try to send inc Docs to them the email with attachments will not get delivered to them and shows an error "Undeliverable".
I've select an account and good TRV with them for 4 yrs.

Even if u try to send inc Docs to them the email with attachments will not get delivered to them and shows an error "Undeliverable".
Then why don't you close your account? If you've had a good relationship, but they don't value it, there's no benefit in keeping that relationship. 😛

u no need to worry about that bcozz u hardly get an upgrade offer if u have limit <1L in Indusind 🤣
I was stuck with 88k limit for 2 yrs did not get a single LE or upgrade, Finally closed my card yesterday

Not sure what happened in your case

But i had initial limit of 2.7 lakhs. Sent docs after 5 months and increased limit to 3L (i didn't need it, just was trying things out)

For me, the screen showed 3.6 lakhs as the limit but the card came with 50k limit.I least bothered as my interest is to open select account with zero MAB and it is done.Credit card gone to dust after activation and addition of 1 rupee in Amazon wallet
What the heck?! This is some next-level bakloli! 😂😂😂

₹3.6L to ₹50K?!

When did you apply it?

For me, the screen showed 3.6 lakhs as the limit but the card came with 50k limit.I least bothered as my interest is to open select account with zero MAB and it is done.Credit card gone to dust after activation and addition of 1 rupee in Amazon wallet
3.6L but 50k limit ?

I haven't seen such huge diff before

Ofcourse, whatever the limit can be
The card is useless except it's unconditional airport lounge access

Cool, I applied last month and got it. If they would have given 10000 also, I will be happy as my purpose of card application is to open select account with zero amb.I have other good credit cards
i also have the same intension...but will wait for few days as I already have applied for lots of credit card recently

What a disastrous bank IndusInd is! The physical Legend card was delivered to me just now. On the paper where the card was pasted, the credit limit shows as ₹75,000! Whereas at the time of application, it was being shown as ₹1,32,000!

Also, even for a "premium" card, the card's material seems awful. It feels flimsy and weak. I've seen a better quality with PSU bank debit cards.

I'm not sure whether to proceed to create a savings account with them or not.

I'll also escalate the issue regarding incorrect credit limit to their customer care because the credit limit shown there was "after" my CIBIL was accessed! It has never happened with another bank with me. Will also not activate and give a closure request if they don't comply.
Don't activate card and raise this issue to their nodal officer their cc team will not respond quickly
Lol! Exactly the same happened with me. Mine was delivered today as well and I was surprised to see 75k limit when I was shown ~125k at the time of applying. I am not sure if reaching out to them would be of any help because this bank has the worst customer support of all. I had to seek RBI BO's help just to get my RMN updated for my Select account. Pathetic!

But let me know if you email your concern to them, I'll try my luck too.

Just got the following reply from them:
Dear Mr. XXXX

Greetings from IndusInd Bank!

This is with reference to your IndusInd Bank Credit Card.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We wish to inform you that the current limit on your credit card was provided by the credit team, basis the credit review done on the card accounts which takes a closer look at our credit parameters.

Once the credit card application is received by us, it is processed and the final decision for credit limit issuance is provided by our credit committee based on certain internal assessment parameters.

Please note, the processing of the credit limit involves various verification checks and is subject to approval.

We would request you to provide us with the following documents to consider your limit enhancement request:

For salaried employees: Last 3 months’ salary slip along with Bank statements for the last 3 months showing the salary credits are mandatory.

For self-employed: Latest Income Tax returns along with tax computation.

Please note, all the documents need to be self-attested by the primary card holder.

You may send the required documents through one of the following modes:

Post to: IndusInd Bank, P O Box 9421, Chakala MIDC, Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400 093.

Scan to premium.care@indusind.com

The enhancement of your credit card limit is subject to approval.

Please note, when you submit a credit card Limit enhancement request, CIBIL inquiry will be initiated by the Bank as per process and an inquiry will appear in your CIBIL report.

Read the last line carefully! There would be another CIBIL inquiry if I send them the income documents! Then why didn't you ask that before, huh?

Katai neech giri hui bank hai yeh!

Just got the following reply from them:

Read the last line carefully! There would be another CIBIL inquiry if I send them the income documents! Then why didn't you ask that before, huh?

Katai neech giri hui bank hai yeh!
Just stay away from this bank to have peace of mind
This is rare usually they do cobil hit when we apply for the card and show the limit

If they'd like to review the credit card application again they should not show the limit during application process so there won't be any issue

I observed this kind of processes in BOB, now indusind is also joined in the same club

I observed this kind of processes in BOB, now indusind is also joined in the same club
Didn't know BOBCARD does the same too. It is seriously wrong though.

Axis Bank, on the other hand, doesn't show you the limit, and you wouldn't know it until the physical card is delivered to you. I applied for their Neo LTF card recently, and it was approved today (But similar to IndusInd, no confirmation SMS or email has been sent yet). To know the limit, I talked to their customer support, but they said they don't have the information about the limit and I'll know it only when the card is delivered to me, as it would be mentioned in the attached leaflet inside the envelope.

Talking of Axis Bank's customer care, it was a great experience. The call got connected to them instantly and the representatives sounded very professional too. Whereas for IndusInd, the calls take at least 10 minutes to connect no matter at what time of day I connect, and once they even made me hop from one representative to another.

Although any IndusInd credit card serves no purpose to me, but their debit cards have usually had amazing merchant offers for the past one year or so. So, I'm confused whether to open the Select bank account or not. 😕

Axis Bank, on the other hand, doesn't show you the limit, and you wouldn't know it until the physical card is delivered to you. I applied for their Neo LTF card recently, and it was approved today (But similar to IndusInd, no confirmation SMS or email has been sent yet). To know the limit, I talked to their customer support, but they said they don't have the information about the limit and I'll know it only when the card is delivered to me, as it would be mentioned in the attached leaflet inside the envelope.

Talking of Axis Bank's customer care, it was a great experience. The call got connected to them instantly and the representatives sounded very professional too. Whereas for IndusInd, the calls take at least 10 minutes to connect no matter at what time of day I connect, and once they even made me hop from one representative to another.

Although any IndusInd credit card serves no purpose to me, but their debit cards have usually had amazing merchant offers for the past one year or so. So, I'm confused whether to open the Select bank account or not. 😕
Go ahead but follow the process that I have mentioned earlier to avoid any issues with branch ppl

I talked to their customer support, but they said they don't have the information about the limit and I'll know it only when the card is delivered to me, as it would be mentioned in the attached leaflet inside the envelope.
You can check on WhatsApp if you have the last 4 digits.

Sure, I will. But sorry, I forgot - what process? Can you give me a hint, please?
Simple
Go to branch
Ask for select acc
Don't give cheque ask for online payment
They will send u the payment link for IP amount
Use dc or upi to make initial funding of 50k
the acc will be activated and funds will be credited to ur acc
Finally link cc and select ac that's it
Enjoy...

Simple
Go to branch
Ask for select acc
Don't give cheque ask for online payment
They will send u the payment link for IP amount
Use dc or upi to make initial funding of 50k
the acc will be activated and funds will be credited to ur acc
Finally link cc and select ac that's it
Enjoy...
Now they're sending UPI requests Directly to mentioned UPI id AFAIK.

Indusind indeed offers really good features for an account that can be converted into a 0 MAB account - upto 4 LTF DCs, lounge access, decent reward points, BB & Swiggy offers, etc.

Just hope that you never have to deal with their branch employees or customer support. Because if you're ever required to, it'll not be long until you realise how incompetent this bank is!

Calling their customer support GARBAGE would be an understatement. If you ever need to speak to their customer support executives, you first have to navigate through their insanely long list of IVR options. Then once you select the option to talk to a Rep, they'll keep you waiting for a minimum of 8-10 minutes (max for me has been 16 mins) before connecting you to someone. But the ordeal is not over yet, most of the times (from my experience) the representative isn't very knowledgeable and doesn't really know how to deal with the issue, so you have no other option but to hang up and hope that someone knowledgeable attends your call next time.

Also, I once called them to get an update on my request for updating my RMN. The rep whom I was connected to sounded like he was very sleepy. He asked me to repeat my concern 3 TIMES, that too when my concern was just "could you please provide an update on my RMN change request?" Later during the call he started talking to me a little rudely even when I was being super polite throughout the call. He even threatened me of imposing debit free on my account when I asked him to transfer my call to his supervisor because I felt he wasn't able to understand/respond to my concern satisfactorily. I later reported this incident but am almost certain that no action was taken despite assuring me of the same.

Now, in anticipation of better assistance, you might decide to reach out to them via email, but don't get your hopes too high because things won't be much different there either. They'll respond to your queries at their own sluggish pace and would eventually ask you to visit the branch for almost everything.

And don't even get me started on my experiences with my home branch. I also had the opportunity to talk to a lady from their Internal Ombudsman team. I decided to report all these incidents to her, thinking at least she would be able to make sure nothing like this happens to me in the future. But, to my surprise, instead of assuring me of making things right in the future, she offered me "some gifts" in the form of loyalty points to let go of these incidents and not mention them in their surveys that she was about to send me.

All this happened to me within just 4 months of opening my SELECT account.

Back