• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? Is it worth it?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I'm self-employed and have a CIBIL score of around 775 with no enquiries in the past one year. I don't have any existing relationship with IndusInd Bank.

I'm curious, is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? My sole purpose to obtain this card is to open the Select savings account as it has a zero MAB requirement and provides an LTF debit card.

Is this card easily approved though? And is it still worth it?

Last edited:
Simple
Go to branch
Ask for select acc
Don't give cheque ask for online payment
They will send u the payment link for IP amount
Use dc or upi to make initial funding of 50k
the acc will be activated and funds will be credited to ur acc
Finally link cc and select ac that's it
Enjoy...
Oh, yes. But would there be any problem if I open the account online? It is usually very rainy of late, so I avoid transits.

Oh, yes. But would there be any problem if I open the account online? It is usually very rainy of late, so I avoid transits.
U can,
But especially banks like indusind and idfc freeze online acs atleast once without a proper reason and ask u to visit branch and submit kyc docs

Ok, do this,
Try to call ur nearest branch and ask their staff to visit your home and complete the application process
They will surely do it for u bcoz they anyway visit ur home for geo tagging
This is better i think

Axis Bank, on the other hand, doesn't show you the limit, and you wouldn't know it until the physical card is delivered to you. I applied for their Neo LTF card recently, and it was approved today (But similar to IndusInd, no confirmation SMS or email has been sent yet). To know the limit, I talked to their customer support, but they said they don't have the information about the limit and I'll know it only when the card is delivered to me, as it would be mentioned in the attached leaflet inside the envelope.

Axis did send me confirmation messages for my CC application status, showing the joining and annual fees as well as the credit limit !

Indusind indeed offers really good features for an account that can be converted into a 0 MAB account - upto 4 LTF DCs, lounge access, decent reward points, BB & Swiggy offers, etc.

Just hope that you never have to deal with their branch employees or customer support. Because if you're ever required to, it'll not be long until you realise how incompetent this bank is!

Calling their customer support GARBAGE would be an understatement. If you ever need to speak to their customer support executives, you first have to navigate through their insanely long list of IVR options. Then once you select the option to talk to a Rep, they'll keep you waiting for a minimum of 8-10 minutes (max for me has been 16 mins) before connecting you to someone. But the ordeal is not over yet, most of the times (from my experience) the representative isn't very knowledgeable and doesn't really know how to deal with the issue, so you have no other option but to hang up and hope that someone knowledgeable attends your call next time.

Also, I once called them to get an update on my request for updating my RMN. The rep whom I was connected to sounded like he was very sleepy. He asked me to repeat my concern 3 TIMES, that too when my concern was just "could you please provide an update on my RMN change request?" Later during the call he started talking to me a little rudely even when I was being super polite throughout the call. He even threatened me of imposing debit free on my account when I asked him to transfer my call to his supervisor because I felt he wasn't able to understand/respond to my concern satisfactorily. I later reported this incident but am almost certain that no action was taken despite assuring me of the same.

Now, in anticipation of better assistance, you might decide to reach out to them via email, but don't get your hopes too high because things won't be much different there either. They'll respond to your queries at their own sluggish pace and would eventually ask you to visit the branch for almost everything.

And don't even get me started on my experiences with my home branch. I also had the opportunity to talk to a lady from their Internal Ombudsman team. I decided to report all these incidents to her, thinking at least she would be able to make sure nothing like this happens to me in the future. But, to my surprise, instead of assuring me of making things right in the future, she offered me "some gifts" in the form of loyalty points to let go of these incidents and not mention them in their surveys that she was about to send me.

All this happened to me within just 4 months of opening my SELECT account.
Thanks for sharing your experience! It makes me really anxious now. I indeed agree that their FD rates and DC offers are really tempting, but surely it comes at the cost of poor customer support. I'm a little excited too to open an account there, but my pre-sales experience as well as all your shared experiences have showed me a trailer of what's about to come.

I will email to their higher authority again tomorrow for my credit limit-related issue, and if they reply fruitfully (Whose hopes are less), I would consider opening my account there. Otherwise, not. Until then, I won't activate my card either. I have around 25 days left to do so.

Talked to the Branch Manager (BM) of my nearest branch on phone today, whose contact number was provided to me by the Zonal Head. The BM mentioned that the initial deposit that needs to submitted to open the Select savings account should be ₹1,00,000. I live in a metro city, and even their website doesn't mention the initial requirements criteria.

Any idea if it is opened online, can it be done with ₹50,000 instead? Even their customer care is of no help.

Talked to the Branch Manager (BM) of my nearest branch on phone today, whose contact number was provided to me by the Zonal Head. The BM mentioned that the initial deposit that needs to submitted to open the Select savings account should be ₹1,00,000. I live in a metro city, and even their website doesn't mention the initial requirements criteria.

Any idea if it is opened online, can it be done with ₹50,000 instead? Even their customer care is of no help.
Ever since I talked to the IndusInd Bank's Branch Manager, I have received back-to-back 3-4 spam SMSs about personal loans from various companies within half an hour! Until yesterday, I received none.

Can it be a coincidence? 😐

Open the account online with 50K IP instantly the account will be opened or else go with the Indie Mega Star Account

I also experienced same. Whenever I try to increase credit limit / apply some CC of Indusind I get lot many loan calls / sms.
Bhai, reading so many of such experiences about spamming situation with IndusInd, I'm afraid now. I hate spams, TBH. So I think I wouldn't activate my card and hence wouldn't open the Select savings account either. 😌

Depends on the location. Metro is 1L only i think. I opened with 50k in non metro

Man, truly, the customer care of IndusInd Bank indeed sucks, as you've all said before! Last week, I sent them an email to their Level 1 credit cards customer care team to seek confirmation on whether my Legend card is lifetime free or not. They still haven't replied to it yet.

Calling up phone support takes minimum 10 minutes to connect regardless of the time you're calling them. On top of that, to connect to a human, you have to enter the full card number, your date of birth or PIN, and have to go through too many IVRS options!

Also, when I sent an email again to their bank accounts' customer care team on Sunday to enquire about the Initial Deposit to open an Select account in metro cities, they haven't replied to it either.

Called up their Nodal Support, which I know I shouldn't have as it was not a complaint escalation, they were first reluctant to answer me and asked me to visit the website. And she then read out the benefits from the brochure of Select account from the PDF uploaded on their website which is already public, but doesnt mention the initial deposit amount (which was the reason why I contacted them in the first place)! She didn't even know the difference between initial deposit and monthly average balance, and insisted that 50K is the initial deposit as mentioned in the brochure.

Even with my brief phone call with the Branch Manager, it seemed as if he wasn't interested in answering my queries and acquiring a new customer.

Apparently, I should send them engraved stones to their Head Office to get a proper reply and get things done!

Whether Cosmiccat will finally get the select Savings account or not remains a cosmic mystery 😂

@HumorSimpson humor us with a cat pun
Don't know about cosmic mystery but he met with a tragic laptop failure.
Content Cat Typing GIF

Back