• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? Is it worth it?

CosmicCat

TF Ace
I'm self-employed and have a CIBIL score of around 775 with no enquiries in the past one year. I don't have any existing relationship with IndusInd Bank.

I'm curious, is IndusInd Bank still issuing the Legend CC as LTF? My sole purpose to obtain this card is to open the Select savings account as it has a zero MAB requirement and provides an LTF debit card.

Is this card easily approved though? And is it still worth it?

Last edited:
After emailing to their Level 2 Support (head.cardservices) and to Level 3 (nodal.officer) and getting no satisfactory reply from either of them, I finally wrote to their Credit Cards Head team (headcreditcards) yesterday, and received the following response today:

While both the previous escalations failed to forward my concern to the relevant team and gave a generic response on how to increase the credit limit, at least the Credit Cards' Head team forwarded it to somebody.

If they fail to increase the limit as well, I will forward it to their Managing Director desk, and then to RBI BO.
How are things going? Any update?

How are things going? Any update?
No significant progress. But there's some still hope.

On 10th September, I received a call from a lady (Apparently their underwriting team) who asked me what my profession is, and why my home and office addresses are the same. She was in hurry and disconnected the call without letting me ask further questions. But thankfully, that landline number could be dialed back and the same person picked it up. I asked whether it would hit CIBIL again or not, she just replied, "No" and hung up again herself. 😭

The next day, 11th September, the Customer Service representative from the "Credit Cards Head" team, who replied to my email on 5th September, called me up (There were no communications from them between 5th and 11th September). She informed me that she would raise a service request for the limit enhancement, and assured me I would get a resolution within 7-10 working days. However, when I asked her if it would hit CIBIL again or not (I wanted to be double-sure), she said she will ask her team and get back to me later, and only after a confirmation she would proceed with the SR creation if they confirm it won't hit CIBIL.

And since 11th September, I'm still awaiting her callback.

--------

In case anyone else is interested what this case was about: When I was applying for their cards on their website, right after I consented them to access my CIBIL Report and accepted their T&Cs, they showed me a credit limit of ₹1.5L, which is why I proceeded ahead with the application. However, when I received the card, I was stunned to notice that the actual credit limit was ₹75K instead, which was why I escalated this issue from Level 2 to their highest level of escalations one at a time.

On 10th September, I received a call from a lady (Apparently their underwriting team) who asked me what my profession is, and why my home and office addresses are the same. She was in hurry and disconnected the call without letting me ask further questions. But thankfully, that landline number could be dialed back and the same person picked it up. I asked whether it would hit CIBIL again or not, she just replied, "No" and hung up again herself. 😭

The next day, 11th September, the customer service representative from the "Credit Cards Head" team who replied on my email on 5th September, called me up (There were no communications from them between 5th and 11th September). She informed me she would raise a service request, and assured me I would get a resolution within 7-10 working days. However, when I asked her if it would hit CIBIL again or not (I wanted to be double-sure), she said she will ask her team and get back to me, and then proceed with the SR creation if it won't hit CIBIL.

--------

In case anyone else is interested what this case was about: When I was applying for their cards on their website, right after I consented them to access my CIBIL Report and accepted their T&Cs, they showed me a credit limit of ₹1.5L, which is why I proceeded ahead with the application. However, when I received the card, I was stunned to notice that the actual credit limit was ₹75K instead, which was why I escalated this issue from Level 2 to their highest level of escalations one at a time.
Keep us posted!

The next day, 11th September, the Customer Service representative from the "Credit Cards Head" team, who replied to my email on 5th September, called me up (There were no communications from them between 5th and 11th September). She informed me that she would raise a service request for the limit enhancement, and assured me I would get a resolution within 7-10 working days. However, when I asked her if it would hit CIBIL again or not (I wanted to be double-sure), she said she will ask her team and get back to me later, and only after a confirmation she would proceed with the SR creation if they confirm it won't hit CIBIL.

--------

Just received a call (Around 8 PM) from the same CS representative from the Credit Cards' Head team (It's actually a good thing that the same person is handling the whole case). She confirmed me that there won't be another CIBIL hit, and so she raised a service request just now, and assured that it would be enhanced (restored to the originally promised limit) within 7 working days.

The email, which came from the email address "headcreditcards@indusind.com," says:
Dear Mr XXXX,

Greetings of the Day!!!

This email is in reference to your IndusInd Bank Credit Card.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

This is further our telephonic conversation; we wish to clarify as below: -

We have raise request for limit enhancement with vide service reference number xxxxxxxxxxx.

Request will get process in next 7 working days.

As we have initiate request for limit enhancement on credit an enquiry will not appear on CIBIL.

We trust that your concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction. Help us serve you better. Clickhttps://bit.ly/xxxx to give feedback on your recent interaction with us.

Assuring you of our best services.

Regards,

Her Name

Grievance Redressal T eam

IndusInd Bank Limited

Last edited:
Just received a call (Around 8 PM) from the same CS representative from the Credit Cards' Head team (It's actually a good thing that the same person is handling the whole case). She confirmed me that there won't be another CIBIL hit, and so she raised a service request just now, and assured that it would be enhanced (restored to the originally promised limit) within 7 working days.

The email, which came from the email address "headcreditcards@indusind.com," says:
So you are now a happy cat

--------

Just checked in netbanking and pleased that the credit limit has finally been increased to the originally promised one! Didn't have to take the RBI Ombudsman route! 😃 However, they still haven't sent me a confirmation about it though. I just randomly checked today in the afternoon, and noticed it was successfully done.

Since this Legend card is LTF, I won't close it now. However, given their poor customer support, I wouldn't open their Select savings account — the sole reason why I got this card in the first place.

To anyone else who was happy seeing a good limit in the application page after giving them access to your CIBIL Report, but got disappointed after seeing the actual credit limit offered:
1. Always take screenshots of your application process page-by-page. In my case, I had even taken screenshots of the T&C page (To show them the time I accepted it), the time CIBIL messaged me about them accessing my report, the credit limit being shown to me, and the email from them showing the credit limit being offered to me.

2. Always escalate one step at a time, and be patient instead of escalating directly to the highest level. This would indicate how hard you're trying to fight and how frustrated you were with the service provided by their lower levels. And always provide the previous case numbers whenever you're escalating.

Here are the email addresses of different escalation levels for IndusInd Bank credit cards:
- Level 1: premium.care@indusind.com (Useless. Takes 8-10 days to reply)
- Level 2: head.cardservices@indusind.com
- Level 3: nodal.officer@indusind.com
- Level 4: headcreditcards@indusind.com (The email address that actually helped me out)
- Level 5: managingdirector@indusind.com

Last edited:
Just checked in netbanking and pleased that the credit limit has finally been increased to the originally promised one! Didn't have to take the RBI Ombudsman route! 😃 However, they still haven't sent me a confirmation about it though. I just randomly checked today after afternoon, and noticed it was successfully done.

Since this Legend card is LTF, I won't close it now. However, given their poor customer support, I wouldn't open their Select savings account — the sole reason why I got this card in the first place.

To anyone else who was happy seeing a good limit in the application page after giving them access to your CIBIL Report, but got disappointed after seeing the actual credit limit offered:
1. Always take screenshots of your application process page-by-page. In my case, I had even taken screenshots of the T&C page (To show them the time I accepted it), the time CIBIL messaged me about them accessing my report, the credit limit being shown to me, and the email from them showing the credit limit being offered to me.

2. Always escalate one step at a time, and be patient instead of escalating directly to the highest level. This would indicate how hard you're trying to fight and how frustrated you are with the service provided by the lower levels. And always provide the previous case numbers whenever you're escalating.

Here are the email addresses of different escalation levels for IndusInd Bank credit cards:
- Level 1: premium.care@indusind.com (Useless. Takes 8-10 days to reply)
- Level 2: head.cardservices@indusind.com
- Level 3: nodal.officer@indusind.com
- Level 4: headcreditcards@indusind.com (The email address that actually helped me out)
- Level 5: managingdirector@indusind.com
Good job !

--------

I was shown 3,30,000 and given 1,00,000 on Legend.
I don’t have patience to fight it out so activated card and put it in the drawer.

Back