• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it legal to pay insurance premium of father, mother by son using his credit card?

avikrish

TF Select
Can I pay insurance premiums of LIC , Tata AIA using credit card for my father, mother.

Will there be any problem if we pay like the above. I have been heard that insurance companies will check source from which payments are made and reject the claim, is this true ?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can I pay insurance premiums of LIC , Tata AIA using credit card for my father, mother.

Will there be any problem if we pay like the above. I have been heard that insurance companies will check source from which payments are made and reject the claim, is this true ?
no.. u can pay..but u cannot claim any tax benefits.. keeping a simple document from parents can help as well.. if you are a nominee and in case of early claim ( god forbid) they may ask Qs.

Riya

TF Ace

You can pay for whomsoever you want, as long as he had also paid you back... If the person hasn't even paid then he can't claim any deductions in ITR... as simple as that...

Parents pay premiums for their minor children and vice versa... Does it mean they'll go to jail...

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I pay insurance premiums of LIC , Tata AIA using credit card for my father, mother.
I pay my mother term insurance from my cc ( auto debit ) will there be a problem ...
What kinda question is that ..
One can pay from any source .

If amount is high u need deduction & all ..
So whoever wants to claim deduction should pay from their cc or dc or direct ... doesn't matter

Riya

TF Ace
many people don't have internet banking facility or don't understand it properly... so usually they ask a third person (it could be a friend, relative or even CA) to pay that amount online and later issue a cheque for same amount....

abhiver

TF Premier
If parents are dependent then obviously you have to pay for their premium.

Problem might occur during IT claim filing, if they are not dependent

There was one instance some days back (can't find the link for now) where person paid the premium to the agent in cash and agent paid that rom his side. At the time of claim, company denied the claim stating that premiium was not paid by insured person and by some other person.
It might be different for family members and it might be ok to pay for family member's premium. But this area needs to be cleared out surely.

Sriim

TF Premier
Insurance companies are not allowing credit cards without insured or proposers name on the credit card when paying offline. They say that they have such instructions to prevent money rotation. Online they don't mind.

niks

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Insurance companies are not allowing credit cards without insured or proposers name on the credit card when paying offline. They say that they have such instructions to prevent money rotation. Online they don't mind.
How does Add-on cards work in this case? Original card will be in somebody’s name and add-on card will be in relative’s name

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor

techt

TF Legend
Cc is always gora dhan . 😂
Goda 🐎 dhaan ?
You mean Ashwamedha Yaga ?
CCs ke liye, kitna kuch karna pad raha hain aaj kal.
horse GIF