• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is it possible to get LTF Magnus for new Burgundy accounts?

maynigam

TF Premier
Hello guys
I am considering opening a new burgundy account and I have the following queries.
I was holding magnus last year and I closed it in February 2024. Since then, I am using a paid Atlas. I don't have any other relationship with Axis.

1. Can I open a new burgundy account and request for a LTF Magnus? If not LTF, atleast FYF?
2. Can I request that my Atlas be made LTF?
3. How soon can I expect to receive the card if approved?
4. If burgundy criteria is not met after few months, is there any penalty or I'll just loose the 5:4 privilege? What happens to the LTF card?

Let me clarify my purpose:
1. I need to keep a large amount in some savings account (for liquidity) for around 6 months only. So this seems to be the most rewarding deal if they give me LTF/FYF Magnus.
2. I need to make 10L down payment for a new car. M4B seems much more rewarding than Atlas for this amount! As per my calculations, a paid M4B is also more rewarding than Atlas for this transaction. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Please guide! Thanks in advance

Another route which is more expensive is you take normal magnus now and use that to make the payment. After you get m4b, you can redeem those points at 5:4. This however would cost you more because you have to pay joining fees for both

Another route which is more expensive is you take normal magnus now and use that to make the payment. After you get m4b, you can redeem those points at 5:4. This however would cost you more because you have to pay joining fees for both
That is a very good idea. But I didn't understand why i have to pay joining fees for both. Magnus and Magnus for burgundy are two separate cards?

Yes. They both are seperate cards. If you take magnus you will be charged 12.5k+gst and get a 12.5k yatra voucher. You can easily do that by calling CC.
Then once you upgrade to m4b, you have to pay 35k fees with no joining benefit.

I am in a similar situation and was thinking of using m4b earlier but its too much hassle. Decided to go with dcb+atlas.

Hello guys
I am considering opening a new burgundy account and I have the following queries.
I was holding magnus last year and I closed it in February 2024. Since then, I am using a paid Atlas. I don't have any other relationship with Axis.

1. Can I open a new burgundy account and request for a LTF Magnus? If not LTF, atleast FYF?
2. Can I request that my Atlas be made LTF?
3. How soon can I expect to receive the card if approved?
4. If burgundy criteria is not met after few months, is there any penalty or I'll just loose the 5:4 privilege? What happens to the LTF card?

Let me clarify my purpose:
1. I need to keep a large amount in some savings account (for liquidity) for around 6 months only. So this seems to be the most rewarding deal if they give me LTF/FYF Magnus.
2. I need to make 10L down payment for a new car. M4B seems much more rewarding than Atlas for this amount! As per my calculations, a paid M4B is also more rewarding than Atlas for this transaction. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Please guide! Thanks in advance
Question is - which cards u already have?
If you have infinia - forget the torture of Axis and go for Indusind pioneer. This is because after 6 months, when u withdraw the amount, Axis will degrade ur MB to normal Magnus. Opt for axis ONLY if you can maintain 10 lakhs in account in long term OR qualify via salary route.

If you have infinia - forget the torture of Axis and go for Indusind pioneer. This is because after 6 months, when u withdraw the amount, Axis will degrade ur MB to normal Magnus. Opt for axis ONLY if you can maintain 10 lakhs in account in long term OR qualify via salary route.
does it matter if its downgraded? this is more like a one night stand for OP.

I don't have Infinia, I have Regalia Gold which I am going to close soon. I have Atlas and Amex Platinum travel which I plan to use for the car payment. I wanted M4B only for the car payment. Wont maintain beyond 6m actually.

I don't have Infinia, I have Regalia Gold which I am going to close soon. I have Atlas and Amex Platinum travel which I plan to use for the car payment. I wanted M4B only for the car payment. Wont maintain beyond 6m actually.

Did you check if Amex works on their POS?
Did you check for MCC?
Did you negotiate MDR?

Also if you are interested in infinia, this might be a good oppurtunity to get it.

what is RML Group Bro?

Can you explain the link between infinia and indusind pioneer? And the reward rate for the large transaction?

f
Can you explain the link between infinia and indusind pioneer? And the reward rate for the large transaction?
For Large transaction its always M4B.. as it gives 14% above 1.5L Send. But as said earlier its a Pain in a**.. Get it use it throw it.. if its once in a blue moon spend.. If you have atleast 3 to 4 months of spend above 1.5L keep it.

What did you write about pioneer account earlier? Did not understand

Back